Does anyone know how to make a tire grip

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2015 9:08 AM

Just like the title says^. My Fit T/A is hard an slippery on the tread. Does anybody know a trick to softening up the rubber or something? I'm tired of eating mouthfulls of asphalt every time I go around a corner. And please don't waste space on this thread with smartass responses like "put butter on it" or "I rub grease on my tires before every session. It really works!"

Thanks in advance.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

5/5/2015 9:38 AM

maybe wearing it in a lil bit with some sandpaper.

i really dont know how to make a tire more grippy. just an idea though...

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/5/2015 9:52 AM

Don't buy a slick tire

|

5/5/2015 10:41 AM

buy better tires

|

It’s all bmx

5/5/2015 11:19 AM

Get different tires or just ride them till they soften up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/5/2015 11:24 AM

Don't lean so hard into turns, and if you know you are on slicker pavement, use caution.

Honestly the best advice is to wear them in a bit (put it on the back and do little skids and kickouts to break in the tire).

Otherwise look into different tires.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/5/2015 11:43 AM

Put vaseline on em... That'll teach you.
In all seriousness, ride em on gravel. Wears em in quicker.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/5/2015 6:04 PM

SafetyFirst wrote:

Don't buy a slick tire

Lolol this..

I mean, not to sound like a dick but what did you expect when you bought tires that look like this?

Photo

Only thing you can really do is just wear them in. They could still have residue on them like how some grips do when you first buy them that needs to wear off. Boiling them might work but idk how you're gonna boil a tire haha.

|

5/5/2015 7:50 PM

run less air pressure should help alot

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

5/5/2015 7:51 PM

Boil them. Seriously.

You need to get the mold release oils out of the pours of the rubber. How you do it is on you...

|

5/5/2015 9:23 PM

Running them with low air pressure may be counter productive depending on the size of the tire and belting count, your sidewalls might decide to fold over on you while turning. I usually fish tail or salmon on my bike alot when I'm just crusing around, which helps increase the overall wearline of your tire. Also every tire has a different sweet spot in terms of PSI. Some ride smooth 85, some at 87, and they all generally run like shit at 50 and 110 psi. The point is not too much or too little psi, too much tire pressure will increase rolling resistance just like too little psi, because the tire can't flex around debris or create enough contact area on the surface of the road.

|

5/7/2015 7:28 AM

Thanks guys, I know temperature has something to do with it too. It's 25 degrees warmer today and the rubber has softened up. I had no problem riding to school this morning. never slipped once.

Also, I got this tire because the reviews on it are good and everybody that has it says it's good, so idk.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

5/7/2015 8:14 AM

Nwewinit wrote:

Running them with low air pressure may be counter productive depending on the size of the tire and belting count, your ...more

I've never heard of too much pressure creating more rolling resistance. I have heard of the rougher ride you get, and yes, the tire won't deflect as well, but that is typically not rated under "rolling resistance", because it is very conditional. When I worked int he industry, the ONLY factor I saw for rolling resistance was how it rides on smooth pavement, which is the best way to have a level rating field for multiple tires.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/7/2015 8:49 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I've never heard of too much pressure creating more rolling resistance. I have heard of the rougher ride you get, and yes, the ...more

That why i included the the comment about rolling over debris. Too much psi and your tires shoot rocks like bullets and kind of want to do the skateboard tire thing and not go over the rock. I didn't realize that was called deflection.

It also has something to do with the crown(?) of the tire and the way it comes into contact with the ground so your tread pattern doesn't work against you, which has more to do with a smoother faster ride and less to do with rolling resistance i guess. I was using the term rolling resistance in a broad sense of the phrase, i wasn't trying to be technical and wasn't refering to rolling resistance as a technical definition. Next time I guess I'll say the shit you roll over on your bike that slows you down. Essentially it all boils down to the real world use and variables that imped forward momentum.

|

5/8/2015 10:05 AM

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/10/2015 7:31 PM

Pour gas on tire and light it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149