Does anyone still make tan wall tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2019 2:19 PM

Okay so I understand that its not 2010 anymore, but I legit cant find a single tan-wall street tire on the market today (in 2.25-2.40). Do you guys have any leads? I've searched through Dans, Albes and Empire and couldn't find anything. There is variety of colors out there, whitewalls, maroonwalls, etc, but I'm looking for tan specifically...

|

2/20/2019 2:23 PM

I coulda sworn Fit had tan wall FAFs... I also thought Odyssey made tan wall Aitkens...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/20/2019 2:27 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I coulda sworn Fit had tan wall FAFs... I also thought Odyssey made tan wall Aitkens...

You would have thought, right?! But Odyssey seems to no longer make tan Aitkens (not available on their website) and iirc the Fit FAF's came in tan on the 2.25's but again, cant find the colorway anymore. I'm guessing the tan went out of style so they stopped manufacturing them.

|

2/20/2019 2:35 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

You would have thought, right?! But Odyssey seems to no longer make tan Aitkens (not available on their website) and iirc the Fit FAF's came in tan on the 2.25's but again, cant find the colorway anymore. I'm guessing the tan went out of style so they stopped manufacturing them.

Damn what the heck! Tan walls are super sick!

Hit up my bro Phillip at Odyssey, (562)623 9995

Just give em a call and ask for Phillip... he may be able to help you source some tan walls outcool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/20/2019 2:47 PM

Found these dunno if that helps.

|

2/20/2019 2:48 PM

Maxxis makes tan wall Grifters yeah?

|

2/20/2019 2:48 PM

|

2/20/2019 2:55 PM

Dont the cult vans tiers come with tan walls

|

Street yes please

2/20/2019 2:57 PM

|

2/20/2019 3:05 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I coulda sworn Fit had tan wall FAFs... I also thought Odyssey made tan wall Aitkens...

falloftroy20 wrote:

You would have thought, right?! But Odyssey seems to no longer make tan Aitkens (not available on their website) and iirc the Fit FAF's came in tan on the 2.25's but again, cant find the colorway anymore. I'm guessing the tan went out of style so they stopped manufacturing them.

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Damn what the heck! Tan walls are super sick!

Hit up my bro Phillip at Odyssey, (562)623 9995

Just give em a call and ask for Phillip... he may be able to help you source some tan walls outcool

Thanks for your help bros, but those are either to small or too expensive - I hate to be picky but I don't have the pockets for the folding kevlars smile

@HondaCRFRacer Thanks man, how should I go about inquiring?

|

2/20/2019 3:06 PM

4piecenorway wrote:

Dont the cult vans tiers come with tan walls

Nope, they have just about everything BUT black and tanwalls sad

|

2/20/2019 3:11 PM

Update : I actually found some 2.30 Grifters in Tan for around $32 which is a steal for a kevlar bead IMHO, but I also came across some Duo Stunner Lo's in tan 2.25. So I'm going to just pull the trigger on one of these, which do you guys think would be better for brakeless street? I'm mainly looking for durability to be totally frank.

|

2/20/2019 3:12 PM

At one point, BSD had Donnasqueaks in tan wall. Buddy of mine has Flybikes tires that I think are the Rueben or whatever. But good point, it seems to be a dying color option, which saddens me cuz I've been wanting to get some for my all-black setup. sad

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/20/2019 3:30 PM

Idk if source ships outside the uk but they have these on clearance https://www.sourcebmx.com/Mobile/en/Odyssey-Path-Tyre/m-m-26657.aspx

|

fack off

2/20/2019 3:41 PM

Guys, I've actually found exactly what I'm looking for, tan walls in 2.40, but I'm unsure of which to go with. They both seem to be quite inexpensive and I don't know if they will be any good. What do you think?

https://www.danscomp.com/products/444032/Premium_CK_Tire_(Chad_Kerley).html
https://www.danscomp.com/products/444034/Haro_La_Mesa_Tire.html

|

2/20/2019 3:48 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Guys, I've actually found exactly what I'm looking for, tan walls in 2.40, but I'm unsure of which to go with. They both seem to be quite inexpensive and I don't know if they will be any good. What do you think?

https://www.danscomp.com/products/444032/Premium_CK_Tire_(Chad_Kerley).html
https://www.danscomp.com/products/444034/Haro_La_Mesa_Tire.html

I'd advise you look elsewhere. Dan's Comp are not what they once were...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/20/2019 4:21 PM

No everyone is too busy making big stupid looking neon tires and all that wack shit lol

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/20/2019 6:28 PM

Albe's have these GT BIKES LP-5 tires in 2.35":
Photo

Add something cheap to get the "Grand Total"over $50 and use promo "deal4you" to get free shipping and a discount (tires are all ready $49.90).

|

2/20/2019 6:54 PM

Go with the Maxxiss Grifters.

All of the other available options are either low-pressure or from Danscomp (non-existent.)

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


2/20/2019 7:05 PM

I just got some foldable tan wall maxxis torch tires 1.75 with tan walls

|

2/20/2019 7:29 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Go with the Maxxiss Grifters.

All of the other available options are either low-pressure or from Danscomp (non-existent.)

Those GT tires are 110PSI, but I agree if you have the money get the 2.3" Grifter skinwalls...

The only places that seem to have them are direct from Maxxis for $98 shipped, or Ebay for $90 shipped. shocked

|

2/20/2019 7:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Go with the Maxxiss Grifters.

All of the other available options are either low-pressure or from Danscomp (non-existent.)

Bryan91 wrote:

Those GT tires are 110PSI, but I agree if you have the money get the 2.3" Grifter skinwalls...

The only places that seem to have them are direct from Maxxis for $98 shipped, or Ebay for $90 shipped. shocked

Weird, generally "LP" means Low Pressure

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


2/20/2019 8:15 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Weird, generally "LP" means Low Pressure

Ah, I could see the misunderstanding.

Looks like it actually stands for "Low Profile" - "5th Generation". Doesn't look like a bad tire, honestly.

|

2/20/2019 11:16 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I just got some foldable tan wall maxxis torch tires 1.75 with tan walls

Hope you got brakes lol

|

Hmmm

2/21/2019 7:17 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Albe's have these GT BIKES LP-5 tires in 2.35":
Photo

Add something cheap to get the "Grand Total"over $50 and use promo "deal4you" to get free shipping and a discount (tires are all ready $49.90).

Thanks for the help everyone.

You think those GT tires are any good? I'm glad they are available in tanwall but obviously the brand isn't known for its modern parts, right ?

|

2/21/2019 7:31 AM

Photo
|

2/21/2019 7:48 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Thanks for the help everyone.

You think those GT tires are any good? I'm glad they are available in tanwall but obviously the brand isn't known for its modern parts, right ?

They've been doing a revamp in the last couple years...

Most of the GT team rocks the LP-5 tires and they seem to go pretty hard. lol

Here's a bike check with Dan Conway with them:
Photo

Dan Conway's Seriously Fun part:



Tristen Cooper talks about them in his bike check and has footage of him riding them:
?start=100
|

2/21/2019 8:10 AM

Alright bros, I've taken everyone's suggestions into consideration, and I have decided to go with the Odyssey Path's on clearance on Source. Only con is that they're 2.10 but I'm going to give it a go, front and back. It's windy as all hell in NYC anyway so I could use the extra help with rolling resistance, plus I'm tired of truing my wheels every week to make sure there's enough clearance for my 2.40's. Odyssey tires for $20 each shipped is a fookin' steal and I couldn't help myself!

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll finish off my current rubbers and install the Path's come Spring time!

[timg]https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/21/65665/s1200_Untitled.jpg[/img]

|

2/21/2019 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2019 8:49 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Thanks for your help bros, but those are either to small or too expensive - I hate to be picky but I don't have the pockets for the folding kevlars smile

@HondaCRFRacer Thanks man, how should I go about inquiring?

Just give him a call, super friendly dude who loves to help, just ask if they have any tan wall tires laying around that he could sell. He'll hook you up if he cancool

EDIT: Just saw you found some tire lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/1/2019 7:36 AM

Received my Odyssey Path's today! These things have definitely seen better days, rusty, dusty & shipped in a tiny box as if they were a folding tire ermm But 15 bucks is 15 bucks, I'll roll with it. Thanks for helping me track these down guys, I didn't know buying a pair of tan wall tires in 2019 would be like finding a kidney on a black market somewhere....

Happy riding, everyone

Photo

|