Does danscomp build my custom wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2013 8:40 AM

So I ordered a new cassette hub rim and spokes over the phone yesterday with a danscomp guy. I think I forgot to tell him I want them to build it lol. will they just do it anyway or should I call back? Thanks!

|

9/13/2013 8:43 AM

They do it for you when you order it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/13/2013 8:43 AM

Call back and clarify. lol

|

9/13/2013 8:44 AM

I heard they make shitty wheels tho. lol

|

9/13/2013 8:46 AM

They lace better than me so smile

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/13/2013 8:51 AM

Ya ill call back just to be sure haha. Thanks

|

9/13/2013 8:51 AM

^ haha

|

9/13/2013 2:55 PM

They don't make shitty wheels. For some reason, People just assume since danscomp laced them, the spokes are magically stretch proof, so after the first session or so, the spokes stretch out and become crazy loose, and if you don't tighten them, then your wheel gets wobbly and hoppy FAST.

No matter who laced it, or even if its a complete wheel, you need to tighten your spokes after the first day of riding!

But dans didn't lace my friends wheel. He ordered both wheels seperately over the phone and with the front he asked if they would lace it too and they did, but an hour later when he decided to order the back wheel, he assumed they would lace it, but he got it in pieces.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/13/2013 8:50 PM

I dunno but if you go to your lbs I'm sure they'll lave it for you

|

text-2485052073
email- kylenotkyle@gmail.com
refs i remember-sessionpro, beastassdick, joe green, scott p, zachery dallesa

9/13/2013 8:55 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They don't make shitty wheels. For some reason, People just assume since danscomp laced them, the spokes are magically stretch proof, so after the first session or so, the spokes stretch out and become crazy loose, and if you don't tighten them, then your wheel gets wobbly and hoppy FAST.

No matter who laced it, or even if its a complete wheel, you need to tighten your spokes after the first day of riding!

But dans didn't lace my friends wheel. He ordered both wheels seperately over the phone and with the front he asked if they would lace it too and they did, but an hour later when he decided to order the back wheel, he assumed they would lace it, but he got it in pieces.

This.

I've heard stupid kids talk shit on the shop I work at (before I worked there, years ago) cause the wheels they laced "bent too quickly" & even before I worked there I knew that, & asked them if they had their spokes tightened up. They were like "uhh no..?"

Danscomp built my wheels about 5 years ago & I had 0 issues with them. They were nice & tight, & stayed true for a long time since I tightened the spokes up before I started breaking spokes due to grinding & whatnot anyway but that's expected. I do my own wheels now though.

But yeah you gotta tell them over the phone when ordering that you want it built, I think you HAVE to call anyway if ordering spokes too & the wheelbuild is free if you buy all the stuff there if I recall

|

9/13/2013 9:30 PM

One thing that most kids don't know and a lot of shops don't do. When you get a wheel built it needs to be ridin a few times to set the spokes and then get it trued again. My shop always has the kids come back (for free) when the spokes set so they don't destroy they're new wheels

|

text-2485052073
email- kylenotkyle@gmail.com
refs i remember-sessionpro, beastassdick, joe green, scott p, zachery dallesa

9/14/2013 7:08 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This.

I've heard stupid kids talk shit on the shop I work at (before I worked there, years ago) cause the wheels they laced "bent too quickly" & even before I worked there I knew that, & asked them if they had their spokes tightened up. They were like "uhh no..?"

Danscomp built my wheels about 5 years ago & I had 0 issues with them. They were nice & tight, & stayed true for a long time since I tightened the spokes up before I started breaking spokes due to grinding & whatnot anyway but that's expected. I do my own wheels now though.

But yeah you gotta tell them over the phone when ordering that you want it built, I think you HAVE to call anyway if ordering spokes too & the wheelbuild is free if you buy all the stuff there if I recall

I lace and true my own wheels. ik they stretch out. But ive heard the patterns were messed up :/

|

9/14/2013 11:15 PM

lmao yes

|