Does it matter if I have an LHD hub with RHD cranks?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2014 1:55 PM

I recently ordered a Madera V2 hub (LHD) and after ordering it, I realized that my cranks are RHD. I was wondering if it would make a difference if I decided to ride my LHD hub with my RHD cranks?

|

12/31/2014 2:01 PM

Yes. You'll have to flip your cranks around, and your pedals will be backwards and will unthread quickly. You'll either need to get LHD cranks or a RHD hub.

|

12/31/2014 2:38 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yes. You'll have to flip your cranks around, and your pedals will be backwards and will unthread quickly. You'll either need ...more

OR if you have 48 spline cranks, a spline drive sprocket. Then it doesn't matter.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/31/2014 2:49 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yes. You'll have to flip your cranks around, and your pedals will be backwards and will unthread quickly. You'll either need ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

OR if you have 48 spline cranks, a spline drive sprocket. Then it doesn't matter.

this

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/31/2014 2:49 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

it also depends on if they are 48 spline 2 or 2.5 piece cranks. some of those are rhd or lhd specific

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

12/31/2014 3:22 PM

Thanks guys!

|

12/31/2014 3:34 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Also true. This would be the cheapest option assuming you're good to run a spline drive sprocket on the left.

|

12/31/2014 7:37 PM

My cranks are both rhd and lhd.

|