Does profile make their own bolts?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2013 2:48 PM

I bought my friend some 3/8 x 16tpi bolts from the hardware store for his profile mini to get his bike working. On the top of the bolt it says something like "Y E 5" which was also stamped on the bolts of my other friends brand new minis. Hes now expecting me to buy him brand new bolts from profile. This being said, the bolts being completely identical, my friend is trying to convince ne theyre not the same, and profile makes their own axle bolts. Do they make their axle bolts or just buy the same hardware store bolts and put them in their volcano washers and sell them for profit?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/8/2013 2:52 PM

pretty sure they dont make bolts, i could be wrong. id just try and see what happens, youll know if it wont work

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

8/8/2013 3:11 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

pretty sure they dont make bolts, i could be wrong. id just try and see what happens, youll know if it wont work

They work just fine, but his center axle is strippes from him using the wrong size bolts. And now hes saying its because theyre not "profile bolts" so I have to buy him some now.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

8/8/2013 3:21 PM

Your friend is an idiot. Why is it your responsibility to buy him bolts for his hubs?? Is there really a friend we are talking about or is this so called friend, you??

As long as the TPI is the same, you are good. You may not have heat treated bolts but as long as they are grade 8, same TPI , theres nothing to worry about. Just be sure to purchase ones just as long as the original or close to it.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/8/2013 3:37 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Your friend is an idiot. Why is it your responsibility to buy him bolts for his hubs?? Is there really a friend we are talking about or is this so called friend, you??

As long as the TPI is the same, you are good. You may not have heat treated bolts but as long as they are grade 8, same TPI , theres nothing to worry about. Just be sure to purchase ones just as long as the original or close to it.

Definitely not referring to me. I only run Primo hubs.

|

8/8/2013 4:08 PM

Your friend is a moron.

Chances are they get their bolts wholesale from a supplier. Probably the same ones you got. If his axle was stripped, it is not your fault.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/8/2013 4:33 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Your friend is a moron.

Chances are they get their bolts wholesale from a supplier. Probably the same ones you got. If his axle was stripped, it is not your fault.

Thats what Im wondering, why should he be expected to replace his friends bolts...OP, let us know.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/8/2013 8:47 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Your friend is a moron.

The Horror Contact wrote:

Thats what Im wondering, why should he be expected to replace his friends bolts...OP, let us know.

Because hes trying to put the blame on me. I spent a whole day fixing his bike, getting him the parts he needed, and now he wwants me to get him "profile bolts". Hes being the biggest jerk. He wont be considered my friend anymore. Whole point of this post is to rub it in his face that he has the same bolts that profile hubs come with anyway and theres nothing wrong with them.

|