Does riding street give good workout

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2013 12:22 PM

I've been trying to lose weight and I ride street all day but I don't know if I should actually lift weights or not

|

4/4/2013 12:32 PM

Well it sure helps a bit, but not to a point where you loose weight in big quantities.
Start working out, you can transform that fat into muscle if you start working out.
Cardio is also important, but not too much of it, otherwise you'll become a skinny motherfucker.
I noticed that it's much easier to ride when you have more muscle, I remember back when I started I used to be pretty skinny and found that BMX was tough, now I can hop pretty high effortless.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/4/2013 12:33 PM

Well riding your bike is considered cardio since you're not lifting weights. depends on what your looking to do lose weight or get buff?

|

4/4/2013 12:37 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Well riding your bike is considered cardio since you're not lifting weights. depends on what your looking to do lose weight or get buff?

Well after riding I used to feel my arms really sore, so I suppose it helps building up arm muscle and shoulders.

|

4/4/2013 12:40 PM

andyferly wrote:

Well after riding I used to feel my arms really sore, so I suppose it helps building up arm muscle and shoulders.

Definitely does I remember my first times riding my arms would get really sore and my hands would feel like crap got them callouses I also lift on the side though to help out =P Different tricks work out different things I believe manuals work out your legs primarily your thighs, since you pump all in all riding your bike is a good workout. Things like lifting help out though and eating your vitamins

|

4/4/2013 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 12:46 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Definitely does I remember my first times riding my arms would get really sore and my hands would feel like crap got them callouses I also lift on the side though to help out =P Different tricks work out different things I believe manuals work out your legs primarily your thighs, since you pump all in all riding your bike is a good workout. Things like lifting help out though and eating your vitamins

Also protein shakes in the morning and after workout help.
Creatine is also a really effective supplement.

EDIT: 4K niggas cool

|

4/4/2013 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 12:52 PM

andyferly wrote:

Also protein shakes in the morning and after workout help.
Creatine is also a really effective supplement.

EDIT: 4K niggas cool

Yea^^^ Totally I've never drank protein shakes or taken any supplements I try to get all my proteins from the food I eat. Not really to sure on the whole body building stuff but I believe protein shakes and supplements are taken like muscle enhancers and help you get bigger quicker. Nothing wrong with it =P Just personal preference I guess

also Gratz LOL I'm coming close to them 1k's >.>

|

4/4/2013 12:55 PM

I was trying bars/attempting to, but anyway my tricep was sore for like 3 days and that's never happened to me before.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

4/4/2013 12:58 PM

You probably have a slower metabolism, so while riding will aid in losing weight by burning calories you'll need to watch what you eat too. Hell a few years ago i lost 40 pounds basically without doing shit. I just ate less calories than my body burns (around 1900) and i lost weight.

|

4/4/2013 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 1:05 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Yea^^^ Totally I've never drank protein shakes or taken any supplements I try to get all my proteins from the food I eat. Not really to sure on the whole body building stuff but I believe protein shakes and supplements are taken like muscle enhancers and help you get bigger quicker. Nothing wrong with it =P Just personal preference I guess

also Gratz LOL I'm coming close to them 1k's >.>

Protein and creatine are naturally in your body.
Basically when you do weight lifting your muscles slightly rip and protein helps repair it, making your muscles bigger.
While creatine simply brings water into your muscles, you will notice an increase in weight, if you take creatine and workout you will gain muscle, it's not some magic thing that will give you instantly muscle, in fact if you take it without working out it's simply water into your body.
People think of supplements as steroids, while they aren't.
There are some substances in weight lifting that are highly debated such as Jack3d, a friend of mine used to take it and it's not a steroid but it's substance that is hard to process for your liver hence not healthy.
It got banned recently.

|

4/4/2013 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 1:07 PM

bmx does build muscle but it is more to do with technique.just look at Dugan or foley they are skinning fuckers but ride effortlessly.
your body adapts too what you do.For instance the muscles used whilst hopping will grow bigger as they are used a lot.
don't take protein shakes either, they will fuck your liver.
JUST EAT MORE BACON

|

4/4/2013 1:07 PM

andyferly wrote:

Protein and creatine are naturally in your body.
Basically when you do weight lifting your muscles slightly rip and protein helps repair it, making your muscles bigger.
While creatine simply brings water into your muscles, you will notice an increase in weight, if you take creatine and workout you will gain muscle, it's not some magic thing that will give you instantly muscle, in fact if you take it without working out it's simply water into your body.
People think of supplements as steroids, while they aren't.
There are some substances in weight lifting that are highly debated such as Jack3d, a friend of mine used to take it and it's not a steroid but it's substance that is hard to process for your liver hence not healthy.
It got banned recently.

Yea I get what your saying =P

Although I disagree with peoples opinions on steroids also. When people found out Arnold Schwarzenegger did steroids they went ballistic steroids are enhancers but without the work and dedication they won't do shit. Arnold still worked his ass off and on a side note steroids DO make your balls smaller.

|

4/4/2013 1:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 1:11 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Yea I get what your saying =P

Although I disagree with peoples opinions on steroids also. When people found out Arnold Schwarzenegger did steroids they went ballistic steroids are enhancers but without the work and dedication they won't do shit. Arnold still worked his ass off and on a side note steroids DO make your balls smaller.

Yeah that was disappointing.
I'm completely against steroids, in fact trying to use the "easy way" sometimes leads to serious consequences.

This guy is my hero, benching 400 pounds while keeping a straight face and speaking with a Barry White voice.
And never used steroids!
|

4/4/2013 1:32 PM

..... That's some inspirational stuff right there.... Nice and good to set the mood for trying those bar spins.

On a side note though maybe sometimes it's better to do it the hard and dedicated way other than choosing the easy way. To do things the hard way you have to have commitment and a strong desire to achieve whatever your trying to achieve..... The easy way doesn't have the same commitment and passion that a person the hard way does.... not sure if it makes sense.

Ct Fletcher....

|

4/4/2013 1:46 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

..... That's some inspirational stuff right there.... Nice and good to set the mood for trying those bar spins.

On a side note though maybe sometimes it's better to do it the hard and dedicated way other than choosing the easy way. To do things the hard way you have to have commitment and a strong desire to achieve whatever your trying to achieve..... The easy way doesn't have the same commitment and passion that a person the hard way does.... not sure if it makes sense.

Ct Fletcher....

Exactly!

|