Does shadow conspiracy make good bike parts?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2013 12:12 AM

Just wondering. I couldn't seem to find anything about this on the Internet for some reason.

|

6/30/2013 1:58 AM

i run shadow forks, bar, headset, bb, sprocket and chain and they all seem great

|

6/30/2013 5:53 AM

I won't run things like forks made by them. Seen to many snapped/cracked ones

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/30/2013 6:18 AM

Cause they make good parts.

|

6/30/2013 6:30 AM

No.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/30/2013 6:34 AM

There high end stuff tends to be good and their low end is ehh, it works.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/30/2013 9:27 AM

Fuck Shadow.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/30/2013 10:04 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Fuck Shadow.

This.

They seem to be hit & miss with warranty too, some people have no troubles, others like myself have lots of trouble.

I snapped part of the flange off the drive side of my old Shadow Rant v2 hub after only 9 months and they didn't warranty it cause it had grind damage on the nondrive side.. Switch pegs NEVER touched it. So I'm like wtf. Eventually snapped a stem too & cracked another, they ignored all my attempts to contact them to warranty it so I posted it on their facebook page & they deleted it without saying anything. I posted it again asking what the fuck cause now I was getting mad, and Ronne Bonner messaged me asking me to send BOTH stems back in exchange for 1 replacement stem. I never did it cause I'd probably just break that too or never see it.

|

6/30/2013 10:25 AM

theyre kinda like marmite.. people seem to either love them or hate them.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

6/30/2013 11:44 AM

ive heard good stuff about some of their parts, ive only used their bars and they were actually really good but ive bent like 2 of their sprockets and I don't grind so I wouldn't recommend them, everything else im not really sure

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/30/2013 5:07 PM

They make good quality parts had almost every part from them expet frames nothin wrong with any of the parts at all good and strong highly recommended brand.

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

6/30/2013 5:26 PM

Chris12345 wrote:

They make good quality parts had almost every part from them expet frames nothin wrong with any of the parts at all good and ...more

there an all parts company i think one of the few frames they have is a collaboration with subrosa the turn it up to 11 bike but back on topic i have they're vultus bars and love them i have they're solus seat and post combo in mid and kinda enjoy it but its ehh it looks padded but isn't its like a seat for wight weenies who want a fat looking seat they're alright in my book i recommend them

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

6/30/2013 6:08 PM

Yeah I've had my vultus forks for 2 years.

|

6/30/2013 6:25 PM

i run their bars and chain. the bars are second hand too. I love em! Yea shadow is good.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/30/2013 6:48 PM

yeah there good what are u getting anyway

|

6/30/2013 7:15 PM

chad88 wrote:

yeah there good what are u getting anyway

Well today I ordered the fit Benny 1 from danscomp. It's my first real bmx bike so I was just wondering if shadow makes good parts to throw on it. Everyone I know seems to love shadow

|

6/30/2013 7:46 PM

No.

|

Ever in Palmyra/Hershey/Lebanon? Hit me up - 717-439-2789

Straight-Edge

6/30/2013 9:23 PM

Chris12345 wrote:

They make good quality parts had almost every part from them expet frames nothin wrong with any of the parts at all good and ...more

If all their parts are good, then why has literally every single kid around here (With the exception of me) destroyed a Shadow sprocket? Multiple kids have broken stems, hubs, and bars, too. All within my local scene.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/30/2013 9:42 PM

Chris12345 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If all their parts are good, then why has literally every single kid around here (With the exception of me) destroyed a Shadow ...more

maybe the illuminati is giving riders in your scene all of shadows defect parts [LINK TO IMAGE]
^^ lol

|

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

6/30/2013 10:02 PM

their pegs are the only thing i would think about running because their chromoly with sleeves but cult made the butters so if i were to go plastic i would run butters. i like raptors though but i dont run them because ive only really heard bad about their warranty service so i dont run their parts

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

6/30/2013 10:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2013 10:08 PM

G-LandRider wrote:

their pegs are the only thing i would think about running because their chromoly with sleeves but cult made the butters so if ...more

yeah i heard there warranty is pretty messed but i cant do shit with it i got my bars second hand for 40 bucks lol way better then paying like 140 i think they are for them

|

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

6/30/2013 11:56 PM

Chris12345 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If all their parts are good, then why has literally every single kid around here (With the exception of me) destroyed a Shadow ...more

This is a statement to everyone, but I quoted him cause I was giving him reasons these parts might of because of. Cause they grind like shit (sprocket/hubs), land shitty/front heavy (bars/stems). If it's fuck Shadow cause you cracked your stem or snapped a chain or even cause you stripped a nipple, fuck every bmx company that has ever produced a bmx component, nothing lasts forever, get over it, quit acting like 12 year old girls.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

7/1/2013 12:07 AM

Me? wrote:

This is a statement to everyone, but I quoted him cause I was giving him reasons these parts might of because of. Cause they ...more

I understand everything breaks & whatnot, but I did this

Photo

After about 4 or 5 months of having it, 4 or 5 months that I could barely ride anyway because I was recovering from a torn ACL so I could barely do anything anyway. The biggest thing I did with it was a 5 stair handrail hop. Never did anything big before that, mostly just little wallrides, 180s, 360s and I never threw my bike, and one day I did a 180 on flat and SNAP it went. I explained to them it was barely ridden, and 4/5 months old with proof of purchase & date & everthing, but was ignored.

|

7/1/2013 12:20 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I understand everything breaks & whatnot, but I did this

Photo

After about 4 or 5 months of having it, 4 or 5 months that I ...more

I understand what you're saying too, but sometimes we have little things about our riding we don't realize specially when you're injured, I had a huge problem snapping stems, I think I went through 6 in a span of 10 months, it's cause I use to land heavy up front, you might try and say you don't, but in the past you might of and maybe you didn't even notice. I'm not saying it's ok they ignored you, but at the same time every company reserves the right to accept, deny, or ignore a warranty inquiry. All I'm saying is every bmx company has warranty cause of the fact they are aware of the possibility of someone's hard riding putting wear on their products, but just cause they have one, dosen't mean every inquiry can be resolved. My point is, none of us should just say fuck a company, sometimes shit goes south, companies get busy, parts have defects, etc... You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but not to many people on here know how to respect an opinion and I think it's bullshit.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

7/1/2013 12:33 AM

Me? wrote:

I understand what you're saying too, but sometimes we have little things about our riding we don't realize specially when ...more

I can respect that, haha. No sarcasm. I used to be really bad with saying "Fuck Shadow" but over the years since then, I've gotten better. I'm aware they might have gotten better.. But after that, I won't run anything Shadow anymore. But yeah you're right about the busy part.. Sunday/Odyssey are supposed to have like the best warranty ever but they took nearly a month to replace my forks when I cracked them & I had to call them a couple times to check if they got it, saw it, inspected it, replaced it & sent it out. They were chill though & upgraded them to the Octave forks since I had to wait so long at least.

|

7/1/2013 12:47 AM

Chris12345 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Me? wrote:

This is a statement to everyone, but I quoted him cause I was giving him reasons these parts might of because of. Cause they ...more

Like literally everyone on this forum hates on shadow and subrosa.

|

7/1/2013 2:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2013 3:38 AM

Me? wrote:

Fuck em all! Lol j/k. Only Shadow part I run is the 13B Big bars because they were cheap secondhand and the closest thing to Slam bars when I was in the market for bars, but didn't have the cash for Slams. That was over a year ago and they're still straight and holding perfectly fine after being thrown around at multiple concrete parks and trails, so I guess I have no negative comments about them. I was thinking about getting one of their chains too, but I'm not willing to pay $30 for a chain when my full link works just fine and is alot cheaper and easier to replace. Lol

|

7/1/2013 3:03 AM

Chris12345 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Me? wrote:

i respect and agree with your opinion they make v2s and shyt like that for a reason at least bmx isn't at the point where all that is cranked out is made in china shit

|

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/1/2013 3:08 AM

G-LandRider wrote:

their pegs are the only thing i would think about running because their chromoly with sleeves but cult made the butters so if ...more

First of all Shadow pegs at least now days are not that good I have seen way too many dent.
As for the raptor it's a solid hub been running it for year with 4 pegs and it's has been holding up great.
The only product of Shadow I wasn't really satisfied with are their chains, like I snapped some pedaling and I bashed some on concrete ledges and they were still fine, it's really a hit and miss with them, I keep on snapping the pins.
They have some good and bad parts like every other company out there.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/1/2013 9:50 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I can respect that, haha. No sarcasm. I used to be really bad with saying "Fuck Shadow" but over the years since then, I've ...more

I get that, I'm the same way with Cult, I won't ride their shit, but I'm kinda done saying "fuck Cult".

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa