Does skinniness play a role?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2019 1:59 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Unless you grow your own food, you’re not a vegan. Fertiliser and pest control.
(As well as the fore mentioned destruction of local habitats to grow vegan friendly food). Your soy is stained with the blood of all the animals that died in order to let it grow.

MH wrote:

Way to go to be the butt hurt stereotype meat eater.
1st: You don’t decide what’s vegan.

2nd: Again, 90% of all soy produced goes to food for agriculture so if you’re worried about soy production you’re barking at the wrong tree.

Eat what ever the fuck you want but don’t stop being a dick and spreading lies about other diets.

I’m not butt hurt at all. I couldn’t care less what other people eat. But unless you grow your own food, you don’t know what’s going into it. It’s not cruelty free. I guarantee there are animal by products somewhere along the line.
I could start on non food items too if you like? You’re a strict vegetarian at best. Do some research.

|

10/26/2019 2:25 AM

.pegless. wrote:

(As well as the fore mentioned destruction of local habitats to grow vegan friendly food). Your soy is stained with the blood of all the animals that died in order to let it grow.

MH wrote:

2nd: Again, 90% of all soy produced goes to food for agriculture so if you’re worried about soy production you’re barking at the wrong tree.

Eat what ever the fuck you want but don’t stop being a dick and spreading lies about other diets.

.pegless. wrote:

I’m not butt hurt at all. I couldn’t care less what other people eat. But unless you grow your own food, you don’t know what’s going into it. It’s not cruelty free. I guarantee there are animal by products somewhere along the line.
I could start on non food items too if you like? You’re a strict vegetarian at best. Do some research.

Eating vegan means you’re not eating products that comes from animals. No one said it’s guaranteed cruelty free.
It’s not perfect, it just sucks less!

|

10/26/2019 2:41 AM

MH wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

Eating vegan means you’re not eating products that comes from animals. No one said it’s guaranteed cruelty free.

Eating animal products is not necessarily bad, plenty of peasants care about their animals and offers them a happy outdoor life.
It goes for cows, chickens, hens, pigs, sheeps and whatever animal offers stuffs we might use.

Meat factories are the real issue for animals, and being vegan won’t change shit about it, you should care more about the conditions a product is made rather than if there is an animal involved in it.

Vegans wishes to be closer of nature, blablabla but how natural it is to takes pills to make up for what you are not eating to not die ?
(a vegetarian can be perfectly healthy but you vegans are funny).

|

10/26/2019 2:58 AM

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

Francky wrote:

Eating animal products is not necessarily bad, plenty of peasants care about their animals and offers them a happy outdoor life.
It goes for cows, chickens, hens, pigs, sheeps and whatever animal offers stuffs we might use.

Meat factories are the real issue for animals, and being vegan won’t change shit about it, you should care more about the conditions a product is made rather than if there is an animal involved in it.

Vegans wishes to be closer of nature, blablabla but how natural it is to takes pills to make up for what you are not eating to not die ?
(a vegetarian can be perfectly healthy but you vegans are funny).

Stop telling lies!
Just because you think “vegans wishes to be closer to nature” doesn’t mean that it’s true!
Lots of vegans just hate the meat factories and don’t wanna support them with their money but still eats fast food every day, it’s for nothing to do with being close to nature. People are vegan for lots of different reasons, it’s just funny that you think all vegans are the same.

That’s just as stupid as thinking “all Americans are the same” or ”all BMX rides are the same”.

|

10/26/2019 4:42 AM

MH wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

Nope. Being vegan means you don’t eat or use anything that in some way involves animals. Most vegan shoes aren’t vegan because of the dye they use. All shoes that aren’t vegan use animal byproducts in the glue. It goes on.
I used to be “vegan” until I realised how hard it is to be truly vegan. The main thing was having a leather belt that my dad gave me. This belt was probably nearly as old as I was, it was rad. But should I stop using it because I’m now a vegan? Or doesn’t it matter because it was bought long before I thought about being vegan? Then I started questioning everything. And it became a black hole.

If you were to say “I don’t eat meat or animal byproducts, because I care about the impact it has on the environment. I also reuse, upcycle, recycle as much as I can. Don’t drive, etc etc etc” I’d say well done. You’re doing more than most people.
But if someone is “vegan”, doesn’t recycle, eats fast food etc. they aren’t vegan. And they’re not helping.

Vegans (and everyone else) should start trying to live more ethically, and stop thinking veganism gives them a free pass to question meat eaters. For all you know, I could live more ethically than you. I personally could have a much smaller carbon footprint. But no, I’m a meat eater therefore I’m wrong.......

|

10/26/2019 7:28 AM

MH, how old are you? I'm not asking for any sideways reason, I'm just curious?

|

10/26/2019 7:43 AM

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

Nope. Being vegan means you don’t eat or use anything that in some way involves animals. Most vegan shoes aren’t vegan because of the dye they use. All shoes that aren’t vegan use animal byproducts in the glue. It goes on.
I used to be “vegan” until I realised how hard it is to be truly vegan. The main thing was having a leather belt that my dad gave me. This belt was probably nearly as old as I was, it was rad. But should I stop using it because I’m now a vegan? Or doesn’t it matter because it was bought long before I thought about being vegan? Then I started questioning everything. And it became a black hole.

If you were to say “I don’t eat meat or animal byproducts, because I care about the impact it has on the environment. I also reuse, upcycle, recycle as much as I can. Don’t drive, etc etc etc” I’d say well done. You’re doing more than most people.
But if someone is “vegan”, doesn’t recycle, eats fast food etc. they aren’t vegan. And they’re not helping.

Vegans (and everyone else) should start trying to live more ethically, and stop thinking veganism gives them a free pass to question meat eaters. For all you know, I could live more ethically than you. I personally could have a much smaller carbon footprint. But no, I’m a meat eater therefore I’m wrong.......

I agree with you on a lot of points but you can’t really whine about vegans claiming a free pass to criticize meat eaters. When meat eaters hear you’re vegan/vegetarian/what ever you’ll be criticized with all sorts of nonsense, you’ve probably experienced that your self. And that just shows that people are people and will criticize what they don’t understand or disagree with, it got nothing to do with what you eat.
I mean just take a look at political debates or skaters vs who ever else in the skateparks!
I guess it’s just human but I still think it’s a good thing to not keep polarizing things like that.

|

10/26/2019 7:46 AM

ESKEW77 wrote:

MH, how old are you? I'm not asking for any sideways reason, I'm just curious?

I’m 36. I know, I know, too old for this shit with kids bikes n stuff!:D
I might write like a drunk teenager though, English is not my main language.

|

10/26/2019 8:22 AM

|

10/26/2019 8:26 AM

MH wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

I agree with you on a lot of points but you can’t really whine about vegans claiming a free pass to criticize meat eaters. When meat eaters hear you’re vegan/vegetarian/what ever you’ll be criticized with all sorts of nonsense, you’ve probably experienced that your self. And that just shows that people are people and will criticize what they don’t understand or disagree with, it got nothing to do with what you eat.
I mean just take a look at political debates or skaters vs who ever else in the skateparks!
I guess it’s just human but I still think it’s a good thing to not keep polarizing things like that.

Actually, most people won’t criticise anything unless someone brings up an invalid point. Whether they eat meat or not. If a vegan said “I’m a vegan” I don’t care. It’s when they start acting like they’re better than non vegans that non vegans speak up. This thread is a perfect example. “If you want to be healthy, turn vegan” “I’m a vegan, therefore I live more ethically than meat eaters”........

|

10/26/2019 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2019 8:42 AM

Time to go get a big fat juicy prime rib steak and bacon wrap it on the bbq , love me some tasty tasty murder

I’d say vegans are on the annoying level of climate change protesters , it’s not that I don’t believe the climate is changing , it’s that I don’t give a fuck

|

10/26/2019 10:18 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Time to go get a big fat juicy prime rib steak and bacon wrap it on the bbq , love me some tasty tasty murder

I’d say vegans are on the annoying level of climate change protesters , it’s not that I don’t believe the climate is changing , it’s that I don’t give a fuck

You make a post just to be a dick and then whine about vegans being annoying.
Great level of self reflection!

|

10/26/2019 10:28 AM

^he's Canadian. Give him a break..

|

10/26/2019 11:22 AM

pnj wrote:

^he's Canadian. Give him a break..

Damn, I thought Canada was cool! I hear they have really big trees, elks, mountains and stuff! Like an American version of Sweden (everything’s larger)!

I feel my view of the world is falling a part!

Good thing my BMX is still awesome and looked weird upon by other adults no matter where I go in the world!

|

10/26/2019 1:28 PM

Skinny is one thing that might not necessarily be good...

Skinny to me is not synonymous with, not weighing much because you're so fit that you have almost zero fat on you.

I'm 45, 6ft, and weigh 165, been riding bikes for fun for 40 years. Walk many miles a day/week (forestry for 27 years). I don't think of myself as skinny, I'm crazy strong, way stronger than most people.

Eating: If you sit in an office all day you can gain weight by eating what some people might consider not much food. If you hike 15 miles a day through a bunch of crazy shit, you can get skinny and weak on the same diet that someone else is getting fat on.

Skinny= Not helpful for shredding on a BMX...

Light weight, strong and fit= Extremely helpful

Some people are just cocksuckers.. When someone eats whatever and is a dickhead they are labeled as a dickhead. When they are a vegan and a dick, they are labeled with being a vegan dickhead. It's weird how we do that, attaching two lables that are unrelated..

I like all good food, and try to not eat as much processed foods as possible.. If anything, my diet would be considered anti vegetarian. Because many of the foods geared towards vegan and vegetarian diets are the most processed at least it looks like that to me..

Example of what I'd never eat- The impossible Burger..

When I do eat something, I'll never have to close my eyes and wish and pretend it's anything else.

Ride it like ya stole it, and listen to your body, it will tell you what you need to eat..

|

10/30/2019 5:35 PM

.pegless. wrote:

MH wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

Yea it's true you really never know what's going into your food unless you grow it yourself just about nothing is creulty free tbh most things contain animal byproduct but there are some things that don't I really couldn't care less what someone else eats or does tbh

|

11/1/2019 4:20 AM

OP I used to be in your same situation and thought the problem was the weight of my bike and not my weight/strength. I'm now riding a pretty long and heavy bike (75ht 21.8tt 13.5cs 29lbs) and I'm doing fine.

Just eat, like actually eat. Not a snack in the evening and call it done, try to have at least two proper meals and fill yourself up. Eat actual food like bread, meat, vegetables. Don't bother with a specific diet, as long as you eat lots of proper food and have variety you should be healthy in that way.

In terms of getting strong, as long you have the motivation, ride as much as possible and actually put all your effort in. In school participate in pe and see if there's any clubs or a gym you and your mates could go to.

In general just eat plenty, exercise plenty, and be happy. Find a good friend group that makes you happy and helps you get better. It will take a long time but as long as you're enjoying yourself that's ok

|