Does this BMX Build seem good/high-end?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 7:49 PM

Okay so I started building this bike back in July 2017 and it started off as a stock WeThePeople 2017 Reason
The Stock Bike: https://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=14298
Here is what is stock still:

Frame: 2017 Reason Frame Chromoly
Fork: SALTPLUS “EX” fork, Chromoly
Cranks: SALT “EX” tubular 3pc Chromoly
BB: SALT “Mid” 19mm Sealed Bearing
Chain: SALT “AM” chain, 510h
Front Hub: SALT “EX” hub
Rear Hub: SALTPLUS “PRO" freecoaster hub, full sealed
Hubguards: SALTPLUS "PRO" Nylon/Fibreglass
Front Rim: SALTPLUS “Summit”
Rear Rim: SALTPLUS “Summit”

Here is what I've Added / Changed/Ordered in:
Bars: S&M Slam Bars 8" Rise Chromaly
Stem: S&M Shredneck
Headset: Revenge Campy Integrated Headset
Grips: ODI Longneck Soft
Pedals: Fit Mac PC Pedals
Sprocket : Fit Key Sprocket 25T
Seatpost: Kink Stealth II Seat Post
Seat : CULT 2018 Dak Seat
Tyres: BSD Donnasqueak 2.25 Front and Back

So I'm pretty much asking how the build looks so far, is there anything you would change stock or aftermarket?

|

2/28/2018 8:27 PM

It's a bike and it's not cheap Wal-Mart-grade crap. Just ride it, who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think?

Generally speaking, aftermarket is higher quality than stock. If you're looking to upgrade, everything stock should eventually be replaced with aftermarket stuff of your likings. Even then, aftermarket stuff will need replaced with time.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/28/2018 8:30 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It's a bike and it's not cheap Wal-Mart-grade crap. Just ride it, who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think?

...more

Firstly thanks for replying, second I agree that you should just ride it but I'm 16 years old and work hard to buy parts for my bike (parents don't spoil me sorry) and want to know I'm buying good parts before I buy them and waste my money. Do you think the aftermarket parts I chose are good parts though? And what do you think I should change stock next once I get some money?

|

2/28/2018 8:36 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

...more

Offset wrote:

Firstly thanks for replying, second I agree that you should just ride it but I'm 16 years old and work hard to buy parts for ...more

Majority of aftermarket parts are high quality. Some are designed for different styles of riding & abuse. Buy parts that suit the way that you ride. Also keep in mind that you get what you pay for, budget parts are generally weaker.

As for what to replace next- What's broken? If you're not breaking parts, then the one's you've got seem to be doing plenty fine. Save up your money for when something breaks so you can replace it with something off the top shelf.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/28/2018 8:43 PM

Offset wrote:

Okay so I started building this bike back in July 2017 and it started off as a stock WeThePeople 2017 Reason
The Stock Bike: ...more

I think you have made good choices with the parts. Did you not like how the original parts felt?

|

2/28/2018 9:07 PM

Offset wrote:

The Stock Bike: ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

I think you have made good choices with the parts. Did you not like how the original parts felt?

Yea they just felt a little weird, Just didn't suit my riding style. My bike feels much more like "my" bike now.

|

2/28/2018 9:08 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

...more

Offset wrote:

Firstly thanks for replying, second I agree that you should just ride it but I'm 16 years old and work hard to buy parts for ...more

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Majority of aftermarket parts are high quality. Some are designed for different styles of riding & abuse. Buy parts that ...more

That's what I'm thinking. Only reason I replaced a few of my parts were because I want to support these companies and that the stock feeling just doesn't feel natural if you know what I mean.

|

3/1/2018 8:14 AM

Slam bars! Yes! Too low for me now, but I'm glad not everyone is jumping on the 9"+ bars bandwagon.

Looks like you're well on the way to a badass bike. Now it's time to save for the big/expensive parts :D I would suggest saving and keeping money until something breaks now though. It would suck if you bought forks then cracked your frame or something. Just remember to support the cool brands!

|

3/1/2018 8:39 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Slam bars! Yes! Too low for me now, but I'm glad not everyone is jumping on the 9"+ bars bandwagon.

Looks like you're well on ...more

Just for clarity, I never jumped on any bandwagon (at least not since the old days). I got 10's because I wanted the extra height/leverage. It had nothing to do with anyone, or anything, else.

|

3/1/2018 4:10 PM

The frame is not 100% chromoly though.

|