Does this make you uncomfortable?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2018 2:13 PM

I don't know why but the new Odyssey summit stem makes me downright uncomfortable just by looking at it am I the only one?

https://shop.odysseybmx.com/collections/odyssey-stems/products/summit-stem

|

4/29/2018 2:23 PM

What like vertigo?

|

4/29/2018 2:24 PM

Really does look weird. It looks "too much", but that's just me sticking to the tried and true...

Old 8 inch bars are going to come back on the market...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/29/2018 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 2:29 PM

Damn. $65 for a stem... that's too much... my $25 Fit Hi Top does just as well for a fraction of the price lol

I mean if you spend that much on a stem that's cool, I'm just not willing to spend that much on a stem..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/29/2018 2:50 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Damn. $65 for a stem... that's too much... my $25 Fit Hi Top does just as well for a fraction of the price lol

I mean if you spend that much on a stem that's cool, I'm just not willing to spend that much on a stem..

I always forget that bike parts cost so little in the US, at least im not im Canada though, they pay soo much more.

|

Hmmm

4/29/2018 2:55 PM

It looks like a regular topload stem to me. I don't see anything "uncomfortable". Lol before I clicked the link I was imagining spikes and sharp corners for some reason.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

4/29/2018 3:10 PM

jbales wrote:

What like vertigo?

No i agree with skylight its just the design its too much.

|

4/29/2018 4:23 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I always forget that bike parts cost so little in the US, at least im not im Canada though, they pay soo much more.

It's ridiculous. I get a bit of exchange rate changes but there's usually at least 100 to 200 dollars more for big items like completes and frames. Smaller items can be almost twice the US price. Makes BMX inaccessible to a lot of people.

That stem is silly. I saw it on a bike on instagram and it looks ridiculous.

|

4/29/2018 4:44 PM

Photo
|

4/29/2018 5:04 PM

I thought it was odd but now I’m almost liking it . I kind of want it to see what people say , it looks decent when it’s actualy on a bike .

Also the stem is $105 CAD on some sites . Stop complaining about 60$ stems haha Photo
Photo
Animal is making one too

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/29/2018 5:22 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I thought it was odd but now I’m almost liking it . I kind of want it to see what people say , it looks decent when it’s actualy on a bike .

Also the stem is $105 CAD on some sites . Stop complaining about 60$ stems haha Photo
Photo
Animal is making one too

Front end height looks silly to me.

|

4/29/2018 6:16 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Photo
Animal is making one too

jbales wrote:

Front end height looks silly to me.

It looks really wierd to me too but to each their own i guess if that helps you ride it helps

|

4/30/2018 6:31 AM

Why is everyone sharing the Animal stem and making a huge deal about it?

The Odyssey is pretty crazy at 45mm.

The Animal is pretty basic at 35mm. 35mm rise stems have been being made & sold all over for 5+ years now.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/30/2018 7:07 AM

I got my TDFL stem from Odyssey's sale section for $22. Unless you're riding and legitimately have thought "I need a taller stem" I think this is a good way to just get people to buy something new and try it.

Thinking about waking up without my penis makes me uncomfortable.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/1/2018 7:29 AM

I use to be all about having a tall ass stem but now i run an animal inverse flipped so its basically a front load and ive never felt more in control of my bike.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em