Dont know what to do about this.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2016 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2016 10:31 PM

I want to start grinding, I have tried for maybe a week without hub guards but i kept messing up my hub and hitting my chain stay so i stopped, and my frame is quite low.
Thinking about getting hub guards for back and frount, plastic peg covers and maybe a chain stay protecter made out of plastic or something so i dont mess up my chainstay, good idea for preventing damage? Im not sure what else i can do to prevent damage on any other parts or the drop outs. (i can get these parts for very cheap off my mate)
I don't care about cosmetic damage at all but i dont have the type of money untill at least this time next year to replace parts or anything like that.
It would just be cool to cruise around the street doing grinds now and then.
Thanks in advance for any reply's smile

|

1/1/2016 10:28 PM

Hub guards.. I've rode frames with beat up chain stays for years, never caused any problems. Just keep your hubs protected.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/1/2016 10:40 PM

Get hub guards, don't worry about your chainstay. That's bound to happen. As long as you aren't deliberately slamming it against a ledge, the damage should be minimal. Unless you have some kind of park rat frame with grinds not really in mind when designing it, or some frame with weaker tubing. Either way most frames should hold up to some missed grinds here & there.

Also, I would recommend you stick with steel pegs and not get pc peg covers. If you're just learning, I feel like slippery pegs would be a terrible idea to try learning with.

|

1/1/2016 10:52 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Get hub guards, don't worry about your chainstay. That's bound to happen. As long as you aren't deliberately slamming it ...more

Thanks alot, I just thought because my frame is quite low. I have wethepeople volta 2011 some custom parts but the frame, forks, cranks and sprocket are stock. (and hubs for now, trading my mate some games for a profile mini hub soon)
Im not sure if my frame is a type of park rat frame lol, because i have seen NO one else with the same type of bike as me and all my mates frames are much higher from the ground.
Okay if i start grinding il learn on steel pegs and then move to plastic when i get comfortable.

|

1/1/2016 11:27 PM

I looked your frame up and it says it's made from sanko chromoly which dents easier from I've been told/read.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, I flattened the chainstay on my stock Haro when I was learning and it was fine.

|

1/2/2016 6:38 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hub guards.. I've rode frames with beat up chain stays for years, never caused any problems. Just keep your hubs protected.

Thanks for the help!

|

1/2/2016 6:41 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I looked your frame up and it says it's made from sanko chromoly which dents easier from I've been told/read.

I wouldn't ...more

Would it be a good idea to put a piece of pvc tubing or something similar where i hit most so there is less chance of a dent? Like the chain stay and a small way up the downtube? or not?
thanks for the help!

|

1/2/2016 7:39 AM

Hi guys im new here and i wanna ask you is it harder to stunt with sprocket 36t and 22t

|

1/2/2016 7:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2016 7:53 AM

Ukalovic wrote:

Hi guys im new here and i wanna ask you is it harder to stunt with sprocket 36t and 22t

Hey welcome to this site, Its better to start a post on the fourm rather than here, but its harder with a 36t on a bmx bike because the sprocket is much bigger so you can easly hit your sprocket when going down ramps causing many crashes. 22t would be easier but quite hard work to peddle and it will be hard to gain speed. Stick with a 25t sprocket because thats the norm and generaly best balance between size and speed. Almost everyone i know also has 25t as well.
Look up more about it online and ask around more on this site if you need.

|

1/2/2016 9:25 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Would it be a good idea to put a piece of pvc tubing or something similar where i hit most so there is less chance of a dent? ...more

|

1/2/2016 11:54 AM

Don't bother with a chainstay guard unless you're doing a lot of pedal grinds

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/2/2016 12:42 PM

Don't bother with pegs if you're on a tight budget. Use your pedals instead, plastic pedals are cheap to replace and if you only use one side they last long enough. Tricks into and out of them are harder, but it's more fun

|

1/4/2016 11:40 AM

Hub guards for sure, maybe a sprocket with a guard, and find some work to make money, lawnmowing, odd jobs, yard work, baby sit, walk dogs etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura