Don't mind breaking parts, but when its 200+ to ride I care!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2011 2:36 PM

Sooooo what was once "bombproof" is now destroyed, broke my Shadow Rant V2 last night.

I don't know how it happened it just did, my tire was touching my frame, tried to realign it, didn't work, thought I bent my rim, realized my hub was dead.

Im looking at the Animal Javelin laced to 7k-a, along with trying to get it warrantied and the new one resold

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/11/2011 2:39 PM

damn tht sucks!!!

|

6/11/2011 2:43 PM

get a nitrous? then you can just save up some money and replace it when it breaks :D. i wouldn't do that even though it's smart i'd probly just wait till' i can afford a good one. but that does suck dude. my stem snapped and my bars flew right off and bent really bad so i had to buy new ones. but i had money saved up so it was no big deal.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/11/2011 2:43 PM

They probably will warranty it, I never seen a hub break like that.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/11/2011 2:51 PM

Spenlard wrote:

get a nitrous? then you can just save up some money and replace it when it breaks :D. i wouldn't do that even though it's smart i'd probly just wait till' i can afford a good one. but that does suck dude. my stem snapped and my bars flew right off and bent really bad so i had to buy new ones. but i had money saved up so it was no big deal.

I have money and all in the bank for a new wheel, but its still a bitch

|

6/11/2011 2:51 PM

Effting wrote:

They probably will warranty it, I never seen a hub break like that.

Yea i hope so, its such a weird break

|

6/11/2011 2:53 PM

Damn man goin hard on that fucker???

|

BROC RAIFORD BIKE CHECK
Gucci Bike check BURRR
Lee_Rager, Beastassdick, Dolphin, scram hype, BMX4thahaters,Ron44ald,future FBM, NickRidesAlot
Matt at Randy Wise

6/11/2011 3:01 PM

did you grind super badly without a hub guard or something? thats a crazy break.

|

6/11/2011 4:51 PM

how long have you had it for?

|

"One time, me and the crusher, me and the crusher were drinkin' diesel. That's about it."
It Feels Like a Sunday!
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/BUY-THIS-STUFF,1250591

6/11/2011 4:56 PM

you can obviously see there is a hub guard on his grind side

|

refs= BEASTASSDICK , Tommyboy

6/11/2011 4:56 PM

there appears to be no grind damage they should replace it.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/11/2011 4:58 PM

i thought these were better than profiles,guess not...there all the same...but profiles only break the spoke holes.thats all i seen.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

6/11/2011 5:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2011 5:03 PM

dakiddjai93 wrote:

you can obviously see there is a hub guard on his grind side

(edit, ignore)

|

6/11/2011 6:24 PM

ilovemybike22 wrote:

2 years haha but still

|

6/11/2011 6:38 PM

HAROF2 wrote:

i thought these were better than profiles,guess not...there all the same...but profiles only break the spoke holes.thats all i seen.

Profiles are a general crap hub. The Mix and Profile feel EXACTLY the same, and the Rant V2 has more engagement than both of them. You pay for the name of a Profile, and that's it.

|

6/11/2011 6:43 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

2 years haha but still

That's crazy! If i were you i'd get that hub warrantied and ride it again! Rants are amazing as i'm sure you know. To be honest if they still made Rant hubs i'd trade my Profiles for them any day!

Up to you though Sean! Just letting you know, if you're going to pay $85 - $95 for a rim, the Ribcage is going to be the better option, it's cross laced and i believe a guy on here said that he has both rims (7KA and Ribcage) and the Ribcage requires truing less often.

|

6/11/2011 6:55 PM

ilovemybike22 wrote:

SEANimal757 wrote:

2 years haha but still

bmx_is_rad wrote:

That's crazy! If i were you i'd get that hub warrantied and ride it again! Rants are amazing as i'm sure you know. To be honest if they still made Rant hubs i'd trade my Profiles for them any day!

Up to you though Sean! Just letting you know, if you're going to pay $85 - $95 for a rim, the Ribcage is going to be the better option, it's cross laced and i believe a guy on here said that he has both rims (7KA and Ribcage) and the Ribcage requires truing less often.

I changed my mind to Cinema rims and then both front and rear Animal hubs

|

6/11/2011 6:55 PM

Thats a gnarly break.

And on a slightly faggotry note, stoked to find out what hub youve had this whole time :O

|

6/11/2011 6:57 PM

Shakesman69 wrote:

Thats a gnarly break.

And on a slightly faggotry note, stoked to find out what hub youve had this whole time :O

I kept it a secret for soooo loonnnggggg

|

6/11/2011 6:59 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

I changed my mind to Cinema rims and then both front and rear Animal hubs

Ive ridden cinema 777 rims for a bit.
They were strong and good, ive still got them now

|

I asked God for a bike.
But I know God doesn't work that way.
So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness.

6/11/2011 7:03 PM

Whats the word on Animal's hub set?

|

6/11/2011 8:27 PM

Shakesman69 wrote:

Thats a gnarly break.

SEANimal757 wrote:

I kept it a secret for soooo loonnnggggg

Ive been wanting one the entire time -_____________-

|

6/11/2011 10:24 PM

HAROF2 wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Profiles are a general crap hub. The Mix and Profile feel EXACTLY the same, and the Rant V2 has more engagement than both of them. You pay for the name of a Profile, and that's it.

First of all, how in gods name does this mean that profiles are better? That's like not buying anything from a company cause one part broke, that's ignorant. Secondly, Profiles are a perfectly fine hub for what their meant for....RACING.

And as for you, I would say just warranty your hub and ride it for a whole 'nother two years, don't see the logic in buying a whole wheel set when you can get a new hub for free. If that's not the case then I would buy a remix/mix, I've had my mix for quite a while now and I don't see any problems with it, cheap as fuck too.

|