Double peg grind help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2015 3:36 PM

I dont know what im doing wrond i get the height i need but only my front tire gets on. Video of me doing a double peg grindBut I got it a couple times.

|

7/22/2015 3:41 PM

Can you do a feeble? That's easier to start with. Especially on a ledge

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/22/2015 3:41 PM

you've just gotta commit man, really try and lock your pegs in, kinda like lean into the grind. just swing your back end into the ledge a little more and you'll be set

|

7/22/2015 3:47 PM

You missed the ledge??? Try to get both pegs on the ledge... try to feeble grind first. This will help you to actually learn how to get on the ledge...

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/22/2015 4:07 PM

you need your pegs to be all the way on, this works buy jumping more to one side when you try to grind, leaning more.
you got to commit 100 percent.

|

7/22/2015 4:08 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

You missed the ledge??? Try to get both pegs on the ledge... try to feeble grind first. This will help you to actually learn ...more

Thanks guys im trying but i cant feeble because I don't think i can hop on to the ledge

|

7/22/2015 5:08 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

You missed the ledge??? Try to get both pegs on the ledge... try to feeble grind first. This will help you to actually learn ...more

I meqn i dont thing i can feeble because i can't hop 12 inches (its 12 inches high)

|

7/22/2015 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2015 5:41 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

boss_show wrote:

I meqn i dont thing i can feeble because i can't hop 12 inches (its 12 inches high)

Honestly feeble grinds are harder in my opinion, double pegs were way easier to learn.
I learnt double pegs in 1 day but most people day more than that.
just practice a lot, look up some how to's on youtube, try wax (even just use a candle).
it does look like you aren't jumping to the side enough to the ledge, you need both pegs basically fully on and try when you are gridding lean into the ledge so you don't slip off.
Then when you want to get out the double peg grind just lift your front wheel up and go off the end, or do what your already doing and just roll off, or even bunny hop off (a bit harder).
also another tip that helped me was just going a little bit faster.
good luck!

|

7/22/2015 6:59 PM

feebles are way easier imo, for a 12 inch tall ledge all you have to do is hop maybe 6 inches, get your front tire on and you can sort of use your nose to leverage into it

for double pegs, try coming at it at a slight angle, and again try to hop, get your front peg on and use it to leverage the back up high enough to get on top of the box

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/22/2015 7:41 PM

Brian_Griffin wrote:

boss_show wrote:

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Honestly feeble grinds are harder in my opinion, double pegs were way easier to learn.
I learnt double pegs in 1 day but most ...more

Ok i know im not hoping to the side enough how do u hop to the side?

|

7/22/2015 10:20 PM

boss_show wrote:

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

boss_show wrote:

well you carve a little before you bunny hop.
you can also get as close to the ledge as possible then bunnyhop to the side a little bit and you will get it.
you can also lean your body to one side/learn your shoulders and you will jump to the side a bit.

|

7/23/2015 12:14 AM

I can 5 cab flat but I can't double peg #truth #struggles

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/23/2015 8:58 AM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

boss_show wrote:

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

you can also get as close to the ledge as possible then bunnyhop to the side a ...more

Oh how do you feeble

|

7/23/2015 11:51 AM

boss_show wrote:

Oh how do you feeble

approach the ledge and do a backflip 180 and make sure your grip touches the ledge

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/23/2015 4:43 PM

boss_show wrote:

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

you can also get as close to the ledge as possible then bunnyhop to the side a ...more

boss_show wrote:

Oh how do you feeble

okay, well for feebles its probably best just to look it up on youtube, its better so see someone doing it.
but what you do is you carve more than you would for a double peg grind, then jump up so your back peg lands on the ledge, then you want your front wheel to land on the side of ledge as well (try to get your tyre as close to the edge as possible and also you want to turn your tyre towards the ledge so you dont slip off.

|