Drawing a blank

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2009 8:38 PM

Hey guys, such a stupid question, but I'm out and about right now and no where near a tape measure or my bike, and I have never been good at eye ball'n shit either. I was thinking when I got home that I need to buy another headset spacer but can't for the life of me remeber if the 2mm or the 5mm usually comes on the stock bikes. I know my stock fit came with a spacer and I need the exact same size. I just got a new fork and don't want to cut the steer tube so I was just wondering what it was. I got the Fit TRL 2, 2009 model, any of you guys know what size headset spacer that is?

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 8:40 PM

Pic of your bike? I can almost guarantee its a 2mm

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

12/17/2009 8:43 PM

You know what, I think it is a 2mm actually. My bike picture is on my profile, I can't upload it now because I am on my mobile.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 8:44 PM

i have a fit str1 2009 and im almost positive mine is a 2mm

|

12/17/2009 8:44 PM

I have just been so blanked since the ending of this semester. I have my bike taken apart for my new parts to be put on after Christmas and just havn't even been able to touch it since starting my finals.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 8:45 PM

Try using this, your spoke is about a mm thick `probably a little more. eyeball that and you'll be able to tell the difference.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

12/17/2009 8:48 PM

Ok, cool, thank you guys, I was going to buy one from Dans tonight along with a few other things but I don't like stacking too many spacers, looks horrible to me. I just needed a little more height. My new fork came in and the steer tube is a little longer than my stock fork naturally, and I didn't want to cut it. After looking at my spacer a few nights ago I was thinking if I added one more that exact size it would look better, and lay the cap down smoothly. I know all you know what I'm trying to do and understand.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 8:48 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Try using this, your spoke is about a mm thick `probably a little more. eyeball that and you'll be able to tell the difference.

Most straight gauge spokes run at 2.0mm. It's the most commonly used thickness in the industry.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

12/17/2009 8:54 PM

i'm not sure but i think 3 quarters stacked is 5 mm.

|

why the fuck you got a hub guard and aint got no fucking pegs?!

Vital's Oprah.

MOTW 3/15/10 - 3/21/10

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Oprahs-Sunday-Wave-v1,826431

psn-id: daveydeez

12/17/2009 9:11 PM

Damn, I actually just measured my spacer and it is .25 inches thick, so that would convert to 6.35mm, that means I am going to need to purchase a 7mm thick spacer to do what I need to do.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 9:15 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/309045.php?cat=PARTS

This is what I am purchasing just so I was clear on the whole thing.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 9:20 PM

On my Superstar I have the Shadow attack stem, and the fly Pantera 2 forks. I believe that's what you have. Long story short I had to use a 7mm spacer.

|

12/17/2009 9:25 PM

Over 30 and still riding wrote:

On my Superstar I have the Shadow attack stem, and the fly Pantera 2 forks. I believe that's what you have. Long story short I had to use a 7mm spacer.

Thats exactly what I have, awesome man, thank you, I am purchasing the 7mm thick spacer. And thank you BTW for that link on ebay, I bought the fork and I love it. You my friend are the coolest.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 9:31 PM

Yeah I use a 7mm, but to be honest it would be nice if they made 6mm, thats about the size you really need. I would buy a couple different sizes just to have around.

|

12/17/2009 9:32 PM

And how do you like that fork now that you have it?

|

12/17/2009 9:38 PM

Over 30 and still riding wrote:

And how do you like that fork now that you have it?

Oh, I havn't used it yet, I just loved the price, the strength (I can tell it can take punishment) and its light. I just bought the Fit flow wheel set, so I have my bike taken apart right now and I will add all the parts when I get them in. I bought another shadow undertaker, stolen class ring chainwheel, the eclat complex padded, and animal rim strips, so I have alot to put on soon. I got the fork layed out and ready to go, just want to get that spacer first. Right now I am on Danscomp looking at what all I want to buy to total $30.00 so I can use the free shipping discount code.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]