Drive train alignment.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2013 12:15 PM

How do you adjust where the driver sits between the dropouts? My alignment is a little off between my sprocket and driver. My sprocket is up against the bb all the way (no extra spacers or anything) so the sprocket cant be the problem. O and by the way I need to bring the driver closer to the drive side for it to line up properly. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks

|

References - jared42069

5/21/2013 12:20 PM

When you are tightening your chain tighten one of the bolts a little bit. then tighten the other bolt on the other side a little bit then tighten them both all the way. Kinda hard to explain.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/21/2013 12:24 PM

Good luck, your best bet is to slam your wheel all the way and again good luck because just about every frames chain stay length is mentally the fuck retarded anymore thanks to half links

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/21/2013 1:20 PM

You cant shift the driver over.

If you put a straight edge against the outside of the front sprocket it should aim straight back at the driver. If it is a long way off, then it may be that the back end of your frame is bent sideways. Put some string round the headtube to each dropout and then measure from the string to the seat tube.
http://www.gsportbmx.com/2005/02/bent-frame-spotting/

George

|

5/21/2013 5:12 PM

Gsport George wrote:

You cant shift the driver over.

If you put a straight edge against the outside of the front sprocket it should aim straight ...more

Thanks, some great advice here. I'll have to check it out. Never thought of that seeing as I've had the frame for years its definatley possible. Will definatley be buying some g sport wheels when the time comes, I've heard great things about your guys customer service and products.

|

References - jared42069