Driver help!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2013 7:50 PM

Okay so i got a new half link chain and i fitted it perfectly no slack, the drivetrain is all in line, everything is perfect but everytime i pedal it sounds like it's rubbing against the driver and makes a pretty loud noise, i'm running 25-9 if that helps, please help wink

|

4/14/2013 7:55 PM

Maybe one of the pins is too far that way? Try to find out which one is doing it, push it the other way.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/14/2013 8:02 PM

i don't think it's that all the pins are fine and are in place it's like everytime i'm pedaling even if it's quarter crank turn it sounds like the chain is being forced on the driver and it's making a horrible noise, i tension is fine, no tight spots, the allignment is fine what else could it be?

|

4/14/2013 8:08 PM

Ryan Mason wrote:

i don't think it's that all the pins are fine and are in place it's like everytime i'm pedaling even if it's quarter crank turn it sounds like the chain is being forced on the driver and it's making a horrible noise, i tension is fine, no tight spots, the allignment is fine what else could it be?

Well, what chain is it? I had the same problem today.. I have a MDS sprocket and the shadow v2 chain and the master pin thing was too big and scraped my driver and sprocket so that might be the problem.

|

4/14/2013 8:10 PM

Ryan Mason wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Well, what chain is it? I had the same problem today.. I have a MDS sprocket and the shadow v2 chain and the master pin thing was too big and scraped my driver and sprocket so that might be the problem.

it's a ybn mk746 half link just got it today and this noise when i pedal is horrible it sounds just like the chain is rubbing against the driver being forced to move

|

4/14/2013 8:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2013 8:17 PM

Ryan Mason wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Ryan Mason wrote:

it's a ybn mk746 half link just got it today and this noise when i pedal is horrible it sounds just like the chain is rubbing against the driver being forced to move

Ohhh, so it just basically just scraping the crap out of the driver? I have no clue what to do about that I think some chains just do it. I have no clue.. Sorry i couldn't help.

|

4/14/2013 8:21 PM

it makes a horrible noise whilst pedaling will i have to just wear it in?

|

4/14/2013 8:22 PM

Ryan Mason wrote:

it makes a horrible noise whilst pedaling will i have to just wear it in?

Could be just the chain breaking in. I mean, it is brand new after all.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/14/2013 8:32 PM

it could be that i agree but i mean if i pedal forward just a little you can hear a constant loud noise from my driver like it's being forced to move, everything is ok, allignment, tension, axle, hub, chain links, do u think it will just go away after i ride for a while?

|

4/15/2013 7:00 AM

i have the same problem i stretch the chain and makes noises

|

4/15/2013 7:03 AM

it's a new chain it rubs against the driver almost like it's being forced to move

|

4/15/2013 7:08 AM

my chain is not new,but in the past i had the same problem and after a few days the noise stopped

|

4/15/2013 7:16 AM

did the sound come diirectly from the driver when you pedalled?

|

4/15/2013 7:24 AM

Ryan Mason wrote:

did the sound come diirectly from the driver when you pedalled?

yes

|

4/15/2013 8:04 AM

that's good to know is it just a case of riding it to wear the new chain in it sounds like the driver is being forced making a horrible noise here's a pic to show it's on properlyPhoto

|

4/15/2013 11:08 AM

Are you sure it's the driver? Were those scratches on the sprocket before you got the new chain as it looks like the links are being forced onto the sprocket..

|

4/15/2013 12:07 PM

Its the driver being pulled foward and the internals sotting sidways, loosen your chain a bit so it not pulling it so hard and tighten the drivers lock nut

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/15/2013 12:36 PM

it's simple to find from where comes those noises
before get the new chain did you listened those noises?

|

4/15/2013 2:55 PM

Just check if the driver bearings and pawls are fine, if yes, you don't need a new driver.
Just check up everything that could be affecting your drive train to create suck noises.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/15/2013 3:49 PM

I would just take it all apart and make sure everything is in place and ad a little grease and loosen the chain a little.
if that doesn't work just smack it with a wrench a few times that always works for me.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/15/2013 8:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2013 8:47 PM

Check your chain alignment, most likely it would be the cause, having your sprocket driver not line up properly can cause grinding, crunching of the chain which will wear your sprocket, chain and driver out much quicker....

|

4/16/2013 4:23 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I would just take it all apart and make sure everything is in place and ad a little grease and loosen the chain a little.
if that doesn't work just smack it with a wrench a few times that always works for me.

the smacking it with the wrench is probably the safest move to make, i like to keep a rock on my at all times to bash parts of my bike to get them to work. Gotta be atleast cricket ball size though

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/16/2013 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 5:17 AM

By looking at ur sprocket from the picture u posted. I see 1 tooth that is almost completely chipped away and a a few more that are getting smaller then the others from wear and tear. Looks like the need to be replaced. If the driver also looks like that then chain is not make full engagement with all the tooths then it can be skipping and have sloppy play when u pedal. Make sure u have no tight chain links. Also see if the chain is rubbing away the paint from the drive, right next to but not on the tooth.

|