Driver help!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2015 2:23 PM

Photo
Ok Photo
Ok I'm having some driver issues,so yesterday I was riding downtown and started realizing how hard it was to pedal backwards.for some reason I had to use some force to move it back,like when I tried to do a crank flip thy would move but if could still move them.i didn't do anything to the hub or driver.so I thought it had to be grease I whipped all of the old grease and put new grease in all the bearings,still didn't fix it.i realized it's something to do with the cone nut,I can hand tighten it and it he driver won't turn at all.and yes I am putting the cone nut on the right way
|

10/26/2015 2:49 PM

Are you sure your Pawls are in the right spot and there is not metal in there? Also make sure the bearings are ok in the driver. First major sign of them being bad is play, then they lock up and grind it all out super badly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/26/2015 2:53 PM

Yes the bearing are Great,I regressed everything and whipped the old grease out no metal shit,pawns are fine,I'll hand tighten the cone nut and the driver will be hard asf to move

|

10/27/2015 6:24 AM

Zxzbmxteam wrote:

Yes the bearing are Great,I regressed everything and whipped the old grease out no metal shit,pawns are fine,I'll hand tighten ...more

Then your cone nut might be the issue, is it rubbing the driver? Something is pinching the driver, causing it to be tough to move. If the bearings are good, something is binding it, so a spacer might be missing, or incorrectly placed, or maybe one of the inner bearings/bushings in the driver is toast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura