Drivetrain popping noise?!?!!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2014 7:33 PM

Hi, i just got a Demolition rogue Hub (Ridden 2 days), a stolen cartwheel sprocket (Ridden 4 days), and a Kmc 410H Chain(Ridden a few hours today). I also got Tri-Flow lube. So i have all this new stuff, yet my bike is popping quite a bit when i pedal. I can't figure out what it is. It's like a slipping when your driver skips but it shouldnt be doing that. It is literally brand new. What could it be?

|

1/27/2014 7:36 PM

driver skipping...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/27/2014 7:37 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

driver skipping...

Why? How? It's brand new!

|

1/29/2014 1:56 PM

It sounds like you have an issue with your chain alignment. Take a close look at how your sprocket lines up with your driver, you want them to be lined up as straight as possible. It is possible that you will need to add or remove a spacer on your crank spindle to improve your alignment.

If things are lined up properly, and installed correctly, it is likely just new parts that need to settle in to each other.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/29/2014 2:07 PM

I bet it's the chain, needs to dig itself into the driver & sprocket since everything's new

|