Drone cam

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2013 3:33 PM

Just spotted this video over on youtube, filming ruban riding his new bowl in Malaga....filmed from above with a drone.

How cool is that...wonder if we will see street edits filmed like this in the future. Not sure how well it would work but it would be interesting to see. If anyone knows of any street riding filmed in this way be sure to post a link.

Sick.
|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/3/2013 3:45 PM

Yes. If this video becomes more popular it will revolutionize filming edits.

Sick.

|

11/3/2013 3:53 PM

Pretty Sweet intro.......

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

11/3/2013 4:00 PM

I've made a drone camera type thing before, I fitted a bracket to one of those remote control helicopters and mounted the camera in it, it worked pretty well but I sucked at controlling the helicopter thing

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/3/2013 4:05 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I've made a drone camera type thing before, I fitted a bracket to one of those remote control helicopters and mounted the camera in it, it worked pretty well but I sucked at controlling the helicopter thing

Yeah it would take a whole new set of filming skills to get this looking good in the streets, but for bowl riding tho this style of filming works really well.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/3/2013 4:23 PM

Ehh, not for me. It isnt in the same perspective. Why would i want to see things from a bird's eye view? This would be cool for vert!! Not this really. Maybe Dugan or Hawk. If it were a different rider and not in a bowl, i may go for it. I do not want to see this on street at all, that is just silly.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/3/2013 4:28 PM

It would be cool if you could fly it along side some trails and get multiple angles.

|

11/3/2013 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2013 5:23 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ehh, not for me. It isnt in the same perspective. Why would i want to see things from a bird's eye view? This would be cool for vert!! Not this really. Maybe Dugan or Hawk. If it were a different rider and not in a bowl, i may go for it. I do not want to see this on street at all, that is just silly.

I think your wrong, if used the right way i think it could look good, especially for alternative angles, and not necessarily just from a birds eye view but for alongside the rider on longer lines, or curved wallrides from above would look sick. Possibilities are endless really.

I wouldn't want to see it take over completely from what is done currently tho because I think filmers are slowly starting to master that skill and it works really well, but as an addition to what we see in street riding at the minute, it could work for sure.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/3/2013 6:56 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I think your wrong, if used the right way i think it could look good, especially for alternative angles, and not necessarily just from a birds eye view but for alongside the rider on longer lines, or curved wallrides from above would look sick. Possibilities are endless really.

I wouldn't want to see it take over completely from what is done currently tho because I think filmers are slowly starting to master that skill and it works really well, but as an addition to what we see in street riding at the minute, it could work for sure.

I like to see the riding from the right angle, the ground. Granted, itd be neat for certain angles, but i never wanna see entire edits filmed like that.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.