Dual upper and lower VS Y cables for a gyro...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2018 6:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2018 8:51 AM

You may have a hard time reading this cuz I'm using the microphone feature on my phone because I'm having a hard time typing because of my wrist...

So obviously dual cables are going to work better but what about Y cables? I'm wanting to just have a gyro system that I can set up and work really good for break tricks and whatnot. I just really want a simple gyro system that'll work good and not be a lot of work. So do Y-cables work good enough or am I better with going with dual cables?

Thanks guys I appreciate it!smile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/9/2018 6:25 PM

I use dual (m2) for the top and will soon use dual (London mod) for the bottom.
With the m2 alone I have way more braking power than I used to, honestly when I get the London mod my rear brake will be incomparable to a standard u brake lmao.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/9/2018 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2018 6:40 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

With the m2 alone I have way more braking ...more

But do you think that Y cables would be good enough? I mean I use Clear pads on an anodized rim... and I've got an Odyssey Mono lever and and Odyssey EVO 2.5 brake, so it's not like it's some cast aluminum lever and brake...

|

8/9/2018 7:15 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

With the m2 alone I have way more braking ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

But do you think that Y cables would be good enough? I mean I use Clear pads on an anodized rim... and I've got an Odyssey ...more

Yeah, I mean, I’ve got them now and with my m2 they work amazing, but I’m looking for extra braking power (hilariously enough it’s so I can feather the brake with less pull) so I’m gonna get the London mod. I seriously recommend getting an m2 though, that thing is no joke way better than an upper cable.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/9/2018 7:29 PM

standard Y cables work fine.

Make sure you lube them well. There is a lot of friction in the Y junction area..

|

8/9/2018 8:13 PM

So y'all think I should do the M2 upper and a Y power cable?

|

8/9/2018 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 5:00 AM

I've run both setups throughout the years & the London mod and dual upper cables is, by far, superior for brake performance. Yes, it's a little more setup but it's worth it.

|

8/9/2018 8:56 PM

Ok, so I'm looking for this stuff on Empire, so I guess I'll get the M2 lever and the Kink Lower cable then?

|

8/9/2018 8:58 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Im gonna run the m2 lever soon on my nightshift.

|

8/9/2018 9:07 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Im gonna run the m2 lever soon on my nightshift.

Oh yeah I remember you saying that... I think I'm going to just do duals upper and lower... I mean I've got 6 weeks to think about it so yeah lol

|

8/9/2018 9:10 PM

And could anyone with a dual uper and lower make a video explaining the adjustments and what not please?smile

|

8/9/2018 10:00 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've run both setups throughout the years & the London mod and dual upper cables is, by far, superior for brake ...more

It might be world worth it , but is it space force worth it ?

|

8/10/2018 5:00 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've run both setups throughout the years & the London mod and dual upper cables is, by far, superior for brake ...more

eskimojay wrote:

It might be world worth it , but is it space force worth it ?

First to space, win the race! Ever seen Moonraker? We need to stop the enemy from getting a foothold in space.

P.S. Don't be a dick! wink

|

8/10/2018 5:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 5:19 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

And could anyone with a dual uper and lower make a video explaining the adjustments and what not please?smile

It's really no different than a regular gyro as far as setup goes. The only difference is that you have to equally adjust the cables to get as close as possible to equal tension between the dual cables (upper & lower)

|

8/10/2018 7:44 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Ok, so I'm looking for this stuff on Empire, so I guess I'll get the M2 lever and the Kink Lower cable then?

Go to ORP, Chris will get you set up badass with either dual cables or y cables.

|

It’s all bmx

8/10/2018 8:06 AM

But you answer your question either works fine. Dual gives you a bit more adjustment and customization, but 2in1 cables are easier to set up

|

It’s all bmx

8/10/2018 11:18 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

The m2 comes with instructions, but it’s not too much harder than setting up normal brake levers. The London mod is kind of like a reverse lower gyro cable, only thing with London mod is you’re gonna have to either buy two small cables or cut a large cable in half whenever you want to change them (sst oryg actually sells a dual cable set SPECIFICALLY BY NAME for the London mod)

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 11:25 AM

So what if I did this, ill get upper and lower y cables for now, and when i need a new lever ill get the M2?

|

8/10/2018 12:45 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

So what if I did this, ill get upper and lower y cables for now, and when i need a new lever ill get the M2?

You’d save money if you got the m2. Honestly I don’t know why gyro users don’t just buy the m2 outright, since it’s actually cheaper to buy an m2 than buy a monolever + uppercables. The m2 is $25 and actually comes with the m2 upper cables (they’re not standard upper cables just a heads up) for free, while a monolever costs $20 with $8 for upper cables.
Also, they match the monolever if you run a front brake like me, unfortunately I have a primo one as my front lever, which isn’t even a left hand side lever lmao, I just flipped it upside down because I was in a pinch and needed a front brake lever right away.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 2:40 PM

Photo

So this is all I need here correct?
|

8/10/2018 3:37 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: Photo

Yeah, though I’d check to make sure the m2 lever still comes with the cable, I bought it off odyssey, though empire bmx is well known for hooking you up so I wouldn’t be surprised if they shipped you TWO sets of cables for the m2.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 3:37 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote: Photo

Wait, I forgot to mention that you need an upper plate lol.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

8/10/2018 3:52 PM

I just got my m2 kit in today. Came with a cable lever and extra screws and parts for 24 dollars new. smile ill let you know how it is.

|

8/10/2018 3:53 PM

Also dont forget about the shadow conspiracy sano kit. Its cheaper than the odyssey and comes with an nice upper plate.

|

8/10/2018 4:02 PM

Oh shit yeah, ill add an upper plate to my cart lol

And Bullet, i think im just going to go with the Odyssey gyro, if yall didnt already know im a big ass Odyssey fuckboylaughing laughing

|