ED Plated rim?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2013 1:57 AM

Will an ED Plated rim brake well, or will it rip the color off?
I'm looking at the Cinema 777 Rim for my front wheel and I wanna equip brakes on it.
http://www.albes.com/cinema-777-rim.aspx Notice "Yellow ED Plated"

|

8/30/2013 2:04 AM

With clear pads, it may last a while, but the coating will almost always end up rubbing off due to the friction.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/30/2013 2:08 AM

If I got, say, an anodized black or chrome would I run into the same problem?

|

8/30/2013 2:56 AM

The chrome may last longer, but with the chrome plating processes and weaker chemicals used lately, the chrome may start flaking in as little as a month, or may last several years. All luck of the draw, really. I have been running black Ribcages for a year and a half now, and they still look great. If you ride in sand much, the side of the rim will be abraded more quickly.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/30/2013 3:49 AM

All anodised rims will show brake wear eventually. Hard anno is better but still it wears.
G sport or odyssey chrome is really good. Older Sun Big city rims also have good chrome. Avoid primo, their chrome sucks

|