Easiest trick that was hard to learn

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2017 7:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2017 7:44 PM

The dreaded manual. 15 years riding and I still can't do them with any consistency.

I hate them.

|

12/11/2017 8:31 PM

Lanky Nathan wrote:

The dreaded manual. 15 years riding and I still can't do them with any consistency.

I hate them.

I am currently working on them. I have made progress tonight but it has taken hours and hours to get to the point im at now...and Im still nowhere

Im hoping it will be similar to other tricks and it will just "click" one of these days.

|

12/11/2017 8:39 PM

Manuals take alot of bike control and balance... I sucked and couldn't do them at all and I would try and try and then finally, one day, most of the manuals I tired I got them locked in and I would just sorta cruise in them... I'm still not really THAT good at them, my record is like 160 feet... it's not much of a record but it's a trick that just requires alot if time and effort, it's a trick you're always learning becasue you'll do them out of a grind out of a bowl/quarter, off ledges, rails etc. onto ledges/rails etc...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/12/2017 9:10 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Spinning the right way out of fakie(Indian Giving), Still trying to learn to roll out/half-cab the right way. I can Do a pretty good/high hop spinning the wrong way, so it's hard to remember to turn the other way when you're so used to hopping out Indian Giver style.

What I started doing was landing bars slightly turnt the way you want to go. It will force a spin that direction. I still have a problem half cabbing going fast because of the freecoaster so occasionally I'll fakie hop just so I can land bars turned. I've considered brakes but my frame is brakeless haha

|

12/12/2017 12:45 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

180s took me like 3 years haha

Super-Pawl wrote:

Yup took me forever as well.

Took me about 4 months to learn flat 180's, whereas I learned hop bars in 2 weeks haha

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

12/12/2017 1:06 PM

Lanky Nathan wrote:

I hate them.

The keys are bike control and then the mighty fear factor. You can’t be scared to loop out or fall off the back of the bike.

Once you get over that you will get them. I really suggest pulling too much so you have to jump off the back. After you feel comfortable with that you will be much better at the manual and other tricks.

NOTE if you keep switching up frame lengths or setups you are going to find it harder to find the balance point.

|

12/12/2017 1:28 PM

Lanky Nathan wrote:

I hate them.

Gack2000 wrote:

The keys are bike control and then the mighty fear factor. You can’t be scared to loop out or fall off the back of the bike.

Once you get over that you will get them. I really suggest pulling too much so you have to jump off the back. After you feel comfortable with that you will be much better at the manual and other tricks.

NOTE if you keep switching up frame lengths or setups you are going to find it harder to find the balance point.

That's true about the bike setup thing. I find it most true when going from longer or taller to smaller or shorter you will loop like crazy or pop too much and land nose heavy. I had a hard time learning 180s and manual 180s until I switched yo a coaster but that's just me. Doesn't work like that for everyone

|

12/12/2017 1:57 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Spinning the right way out of fakie(Indian Giving), Still trying to learn to roll out/half-cab the right way. I can Do a pretty good/high hop spinning the wrong way, so it's hard to remember to turn the other way when you're so used to hopping out Indian Giver style.

NateBrown62 wrote:

What I started doing was landing bars slightly turnt the way you want to go. It will force a spin that direction. I still have a problem half cabbing going fast because of the freecoaster so occasionally I'll fakie hop just so I can land bars turned. I've considered brakes but my frame is brakeless haha

As of the other day I've been doing countless endos trying to roll out the right way, I've yet to find that " comfort zone" where I feel safe and stable rolling backwards to the left, it's like a little weight "pocket" where you feel in complete control.

Also I used to have rear brakes and tried the brake hop, it's basically bucks you off, but you have to learn to lift the back end up from that dead stop, pretty hard.

|

12/12/2017 2:06 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

As of the other day I've been doing countless endos trying to roll out the right way, I've yet to find that " comfort zone" where I feel safe and stable rolling backwards to the left, it's like a little weight "pocket" where you feel in complete control.

Also I used to have rear brakes and tried the brake hop, it's basically bucks you off, but you have to learn to lift the back end up from that dead stop, pretty hard.

Which way do you turn out rolling fakie from a quarter?

|

12/12/2017 2:13 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Comfortably and instinctual I turn out to the Right(and I'm Right foot forward)

|

12/12/2017 3:13 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

Phunny93 wrote:

Dang. That might be hard to unlearn

|

12/13/2017 3:10 PM

180's too. Beyond landing a trick for the first time, there's a long ass period between just getting lucky with a trick here and there and being able to do them consistently.

For the longest time i'd get away with pulling 2 or 3 180's each session going really slow.

I've probably landed and rolled out of over 100 180's but still never felt like i really understood the trick until after 2-3 years of doing them.

|

12/13/2017 4:05 PM

Mr_Orange wrote:

180's too. Beyond landing a trick for the first time, there's a long ass period between just getting lucky with a trick here and there and being able to do them consistently.

For the longest time i'd get away with pulling 2 or 3 180's each session going really slow.

I've probably landed and rolled out of over 100 180's but still never felt like i really understood the trick until after 2-3 years of doing them.

I overbought them for almost 6 months but once I stopped and started throwing them over and off stuff it just clicked ..i will 180 almost anythi g I straight hop now ..fakie manuals are hard for me to get down..i hit my ass way too much

|

12/14/2017 12:03 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

Phunny93 wrote:

Over rotate the 180 a little, go faster, and don't carve as much. I Indian give and always have, but these things help me most of the time. Although usually I don't really care

|

12/15/2017 11:58 PM

Foot jams on quaters

|

3/9/2018 5:10 AM

Posting so i can tead trough

|

Street yes please

3/9/2018 5:36 AM

I'm another indian giver. I just can't help it, it feels natural. I can hop out the right way, but it doesn't feel as smooth at all. But I really need come out the right way to start doing full cabs etc.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/9/2018 6:25 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I'm another indian giver. I just can't help it, it feels natural. I can hop out the right way, but it doesn't feel as smooth at all. But I really need come out the right way to start doing full cabs etc.

Just over rotate a little, it makes a massive difference, but only works if you're going pretty much straight into the slide/half cab/cab

|

3/9/2018 6:51 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

See, you'd think it'd be easier if you spun the other way but it doesn't quite work that way. I'd say to learn 180s both ways and the half-cabs should start working both ways. Personally, the direction I more comfortably spin for everything is different and it changes as often as the weather but I enjoy it, keeps things interesting.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson