Eastern

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2015 2:07 PM

Anybody know what is going on over at Eastern/Guerra?
Have them on instagram and they have announced 2 new riders from Australia on their international team over the last week.
Am I correct in assuming that they are back from the grave?

|

8/24/2015 2:14 PM

Yea but they changed there name. They are now lightbikeco.

|

8/24/2015 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2015 2:40 PM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

Yea but they changed there name. They are now lightbikeco.

Photo
|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

8/25/2015 7:58 AM

Don't hear much from Eastern these days...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/25/2015 8:16 AM

Jon Byers pops in on here periodically, and said a while ago that Eastern was never totally gone and had some things in the works if I recall correctly. It sounds like there was some financial issues but he is getting those sorted out and trying to reinvent/"rise from the ashes" so to speak.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/25/2015 8:30 AM

Hmpf.

It'll be a Phoenix reincarnation..sorta...thing...

I seriously had considered the Eastern BOSS a while back but got my WTP instead.

Whats the story with Eastern anyways? Why are they not more.... obvious?

No edits? Only Josh Perry and thats all I know XD

With their E3 welding and stuff, i don't see why they aren't alongside brands like Subrosa, United, Premium, etc...

|

8/25/2015 8:53 AM

Skylight wrote:

Hmpf.

I seriously had considered the Eastern BOSS a while back but got ...more

Because E3 is the same shit everyone else already used, they were just trying to promote it like it was something special in a last ditch attempt to sell some frames.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/25/2015 10:48 AM

Skylight wrote:

Hmpf.

I seriously had considered the Eastern BOSS a while back but got ...more

They did a bunch of videos back in the day. Adam Banton is still on their team I think?

I had the Boss one year, it was a light setup and pretty solid. Then I bent the frame and knew the warranty dude, so I got a killer deal on an Eastern Journey frame, which I loved. Then I got my Federal and sold it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/25/2015 2:26 PM

They're coming back from what I heard! I'm very excited too. it's gonna be a real sick time. I wanna get some of their new products if i like the looks of them!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/25/2015 4:21 PM

Got a pair of Kevlar eastern burnout slick tires going right now I'm pretty stoked on them

|

8/25/2015 4:47 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Got a pair of Kevlar eastern burnout slick tires going right now I'm pretty stoked on them

My friend had the burnouts for about a week. Tbere was giant holes in them. He rode street and park though.

|

8/25/2015 6:33 PM

So many of their parts have been known for breaking a lot though. I snapped my Eastern frame a while back doing a 180.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

8/25/2015 7:02 PM

Hated the burnout tire and broke eastern pedals.... I could just bunny hop up a curb at that time

|

8/26/2015 5:02 AM

Shortdude wrote:

So many of their parts have been known for breaking a lot though. I snapped my Eastern frame a while back doing a 180.

Ya know, a TON of people have said things like this, and it always annoyed me, reason being, the 180 was the straw that broke the camel's back. As in, ALL of the stress you put that frame through, it was likely very much cracked before that 180, and it just finally gave out. So when you say "I snapped my Eastern frame a while back doing a 180", most kids will look at that and say "I can (almost) 180...I don't want something that will snap from that!" but in all reality, that was not the ONLY thing you ever did on that frame. I would also assume it was off a mid-low end complete? That's another strike against your comment. High-Tensile steel sucks. Hence why we aim for the higher end 4130 Chromoly. It is around 30% stronger, AND lighter.

If we want to get into it, I broke a frame when I was 7, I was riding through grass with both wheels on the ground. I snapped the headtube off. I never complained about the brand. I got that bike used, and the dude my dad bought it from jumped it nonstop. Does that mean it sucks? No. It means that it went through hell and a little kid riding through grass took it out.

That's like me saying "Buy this iPhone, it is resistant to water, so if you are caught in the rain, it will be fine" and then you jump into a pool and complain that it is broken.

Another thing to factor is that Eastern was pushing the envelope with light parts. They were DOMINATING that aspect, and with a LOT of the frames people would complain about, there was a WARNING THAT IT WAS NOT FOR HEAVY STREET RIDING, and what did most of those people do? RODE NOTHING BUT STREET. To me that screams BUYER BEWARE, and that if you ignore the warning, you are on your own and have little grounds to complain.

One last detail to mention, all this went down as social media popularity went up. Every kid and their mom is on social media, so their complaints go further than just with their buddies. People can search them. There are videos of everything ever. I know a kid who posts a negative comment about a company saying they suck and tags them on the photo on instagram for EVERYTHING HE HAS ISSUES WITH. He even tags their pro team. In a few cases he would email the company for warranty or questions, but right there he is PUBLICLY bashing the company because he is like a 300+ lb kid who breaks his parts, and he doesn't mention anything about what they went through before the break, or his size or anything else. Just "_____ Sucks, broke these on a 180".

End rant.

On a lighter note, Jon messaged me on here, and there is something coming very soon, I won't give the details, but let's just say it will be very interesting to see what the future holds for Eastern Bikes.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2015 5:11 AM

I want a Ti Grim Reaper can't find them anywhere sad

|

8/26/2015 5:26 AM

Yep Eastern is quite good actually.

I was thinking bout a fulcrum back a few weeks ago...

|

8/26/2015 5:28 AM

LightBikeCo wrote:

I want a Ti Grim Reaper can't find them anywhere sad

There was a limited run and most people won't let them go.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2015 8:33 AM

What I love are those warranty deals. It makes me want to get one sometimes...

What was the TI GR's geo btw?

|

8/26/2015 8:36 AM

eskimojay wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

My friend had the burnouts for about a week. Tbere was giant holes in them. He rode street and park though.

Bummer dude , I'm guessing he wasn't running 100 psi, with low psi I could deffinstly see them tearing

|

8/26/2015 9:57 AM

huntsforbunz wrote:

Hated the burnout tire and broke eastern pedals.... I could just bunny hop up a curb at that time

I cracked my rear rim thanks to the eastern burnout. I was running 50psi (max)

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

8/26/2015 2:06 PM

Shortdude wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Ya know, a TON of people have said things like this, and it always annoyed me, reason being, the 180 was the straw that broke ...more

you win the thread.

I hate when people say that shit. eastern is/was totally a solid company. I loved all my shit that I had by them. I even used to ride one of their completes. had no issues with tons of hard bails and shit.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/26/2015 2:48 PM

Their bars were sick , the Wonderyears in 9 rise that I rode before my bike got stolen

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2015 6:04 PM

I want to do a Kink x Eastern build pretty bad, but i'll never want to dump the cash i'd have to. I only buy used stuff and neither come up often anymore lol

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/26/2015 7:59 PM

We have an Eastern Jane, as well as a Kink Gap. I can add to the anecdotal pile that both companies are super pleasant and human to deal with.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

8/27/2015 8:52 PM

Well it will be interesting to see how they go back in the market after a not so good year last year.
One thing I do know, being from Australia, is that Glewy and Natalya are class acts on and off their bikes so I reckon it's a good pick-up by Eastern.

|