Eastern Bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2017 7:48 PM

Here's what I think - they are absolutely fire and have always been. They're the most unafraid company I have ever seen and their products are cool. Coolant Green is an awesome colorway. Their tire with the huge logo looks good. And they're still making the Grim Reaper. I know people think they suck but I disagree heavily.

|

3/12/2017 7:50 PM

I never understood why they get so much hate.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/12/2017 7:53 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Same. I've got an eastern black Betty (dirt jumper frame) and that thing is solid as a Mofo!

Their buzzip wheels look pretty nice! Wouldn't mind running a pair.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/13/2017 4:23 AM

$429 for a Grimm reaper frame? No thanks. It's not even American made. Who wouldn't just get an s&m or fbm? Your crazy if you don't.

|

3/13/2017 5:15 AM

They have a reputation for snapping pretty easily, they went over the top with weight saving on some of their frames

|

3/13/2017 10:53 AM

under 200 for a flatland friendly frame? I'd ride it lol

|

It’s all bmx

3/13/2017 11:52 AM

The issue was the grim reaper was a 4 lb frame when NO ONE else was near that, and it had a warning NOT to ride heavy street with it.

People rode heavy street with it.

It broke.

People intentionally ignoring the warning whined when they broke it (it most cases I saw) after a year or so.

My Journey was awesome, and a homie STILL is still riding it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/13/2017 12:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2017 12:04 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

$429 for a Grimm reaper frame? No thanks. It's not even American made. Who wouldn't just get an s&m or fbm? Your crazy if you don't.

S&M and FBM are nice, dont get me wrong, but these Grim Reaper frames get an extensive amount of work, plus some of that money comes from the paint job. And just because something is American made doesnt mean its better than everything else.

|

3/13/2017 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2017 2:00 PM

I had 1.95 foldable eastern Kevlar burnout tires , they where fast and fun while they lasted , then they tore down the sidewalls after one season of riding

|

3/13/2017 2:29 PM

readybmxer wrote:

A lot of kids bought the lowest end completes and cried about how shitty the company was when parts broke. Thats one thing Ive seen a lot.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

3/13/2017 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2017 3:22 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Personally the S&M frames I have seen in person had some welds that looked like there was way too much heat used...which would cause weakening around the welds. I would consider an FBM or get something else.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/13/2017 7:54 PM

readybmxer wrote:

The Horror Contact wrote:

A lot of kids bought the lowest end completes and cried about how shitty the company was when parts broke. Thats one thing Ive seen a lot.

This, plus the point about how they pushed the limit on their weight and got a rep of their parts having little tolerance as a result . IMHO their traditional stuff was very good, as was their customer service.
Had a Jane frame. 21", full chromo, double gussets, liked it lots. That was before the weirdness I believe.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

3/14/2017 2:48 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Super-Pawl wrote:

S&M and FBM are nice, dont get me wrong, but these Grim Reaper frames get an extensive amount of work, plus some of that money comes from the paint job. And just because something is American made doesnt mean its better than everything else.

But fbm are better than everything else :p

|