Eastern Dragon Frame or (Cracked) S&M LAF?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2016 9:06 PM

My friend has 2 frames, an Eastern Dragon and an S&M LAF (cracked). I'd be able to get either one in a trade. He said his dad would be able to weld the S&M, but I'm leaning towards the eastern as I don't want a weak spot on my frame. Thoughts?

|

12/11/2016 9:33 PM

If he welds it right, id go with s&m

|

12/11/2016 9:53 PM

I cracked a headtube on a custom chrome LTF .... I loved that frame , don't even consider a
Cracked frame .... if you do anyways....
Sorry your stupid

|

12/11/2016 10:05 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I cracked a headtube on a custom chrome LTF .... I loved that frame , don't even consider a
Cracked frame .... if you do ...more

Haha, I'm going with the eastern. The frame is for a back up bike anyway.

|

12/12/2016 5:26 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Cracked frame .... if you do ...more

this. i dont understand why people would go for a cracked one if they have the option to not. like if you can get a perfectly fine frame why go for one thats goin to have a full weak spot on it.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/12/2016 5:28 PM

I got the eastern Photo

|

12/13/2016 11:11 AM

That thing is legit haha. I remember these frames. I had an LAF that cracked.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

12/31/2016 6:03 PM

I've raced a few cracked frames, but I cracked them and they were tig welded by a guy that builds drag car chassis. An expert welder that welds everyday.
You made the right call. Is that paint or tape?

|

12/31/2016 6:34 PM

Good choice man.

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/1/2017 8:50 AM

indyjps wrote:

I've raced a few cracked frames, but I cracked them and they were tig welded by a guy that builds drag car chassis. An expert ...more

It was originally black, but someone put in a ton of time and effort to tape off each individual square, and it was then painted pink, resulting in its current pattern

|

1/1/2017 10:20 AM

Just out of curiosity. S&M Frames are supposed to have legendary quality but it seems like cracking them is a common occurrence. I know LZ has a video where his S&M cracks as well.
I don't know much on the subject so I'm asking those who do... what other frames are known for cracking often or have you cracked a frame? If so, what was it and how?
I'm very interested to know as I've been reading a lot about different frame construction methods and material options etc and am interested to see how they work (or fail) when applied. Not here to talk shit about companies, just to learn more on the subject. smile

|