Eastern Grim Reaper update 2-11-16

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2016 9:59 PM

So a guy on my local crigslist is selling a easten grim reaper not the frame but the compete bike for 75 with some fit parts and some after market parts. Should i go for it or not is it any red flags about the price being so low what do you guys think about it deal or no deal.

|

ref-momoney brought a frame.

2/2/2016 10:09 PM

75?

If you ride street, don't. It might also be from a complete

|

2/2/2016 10:16 PM

So the grim reaper are not made for street riding why is that? He is going to send me picture tommrow so i will post the bike.

|

2/2/2016 10:37 PM

Post the pics on here when you get them. Some of the parts might be better than you've already got. But at that price you could strip it and sell the parts and make a few quid probably

|

2/2/2016 10:40 PM

KidZappy9990 wrote:

So the grim reaper are not made for street riding why is that? He is going to send me picture tommrow so i will post the bike.

because some guy's cousin's great aunt's friend from Europe's dad's dog's previous owner's son's friend in Canada knows a guy who heard about a guy who knew someone who rode one and snapped it doing a flat 180.

The Grim Reaper is fine for street, unless you're constantly hammering out large stair sets.

But you said the bike though right? As far as I knew, the Grim Reaper was never a model of bike Eastern made. You're thinking of the Reaper. It's still a full chromoly frame. What other parts are on it, does the listing say? It might be well worth it especially for $75.

|

2/2/2016 11:06 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Post the pics on here when you get them. Some of the parts might be better than you've already got. But at that price you could strip it and sell the parts and make a few quid probably

^This
I'll post a legit pic of it so we can compare to his pics when he posts
Photo
If it turns out to be the real thing you should buy it! OMG I feel so jelly for ya man! Hope it turns out to be real; I remember that frame.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/3/2016 9:34 AM

The parts that was listed was a fit top load and fit shiv forks I think the bars are not stock they are chrome I don't know about the rims but I think the front tire is a odyssey or fit of some kind. Here are some pictures not the best but they have to do until I decided to buy it to get better and closer pic. I also think it's not the grim reaper just because I was looking at some today I noticed that the grim reaper has like a cut out on the dropout if I'm correct the pic that he send didn't have no cut out on or near the drop out.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/3/2016 12:42 PM

I hate to be this guy, but at that price it sure seems to me like it was stolen. I could be wrong. Ask the guy why he's selling it, and if it seems, suspicious, i wouldn't buy it. But if everything checks out, go for it.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/3/2016 12:59 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I hate to be this guy, but at that price it sure seems to me like it was stolen. I could be wrong. Ask the guy why he's selling it, and if it seems, suspicious, i wouldn't buy it. But if everything checks out, go for it.

Only an idiot would steal a bike, and then post it to their local craigslist with their personal info haha. But hey people are stupid so i wouldn't put it past them. Perhaps hes an amateur criminal.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/3/2016 1:21 PM

Those are not not Fit Shiv forks. The first series had a cutout in the dropouts.. and they also do not look tapered like how Shiv forks are. There was a grim reaper frame that didnt have cutouts ..I think this guy is lying about these parts, ask for a pic of the bottom bracket as it should have some engraved detail as to what it is

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/3/2016 1:45 PM

What does the BB say, I have a v1 reaper, bb said reap21.no cut outs whatsoever

|

2/3/2016 2:10 PM

There was a reaper frame , it had no holes cut in it and was not the grim reaper frame , there was also some eastern completes that had the same seat tube cutouts as the grim reaper but I don't think they had the bottom bracket and headtube cut outs that the actual grim reapers had

|

2/3/2016 2:21 PM

Pretty sure that's what I have, has a 520 Reynolds downtube as well

|

2/3/2016 4:22 PM

Collin he said the reason why he selling it is because he got a girlfriend they have a kid on the way so he won't have time to ride as much as before. So what do you guys think buy or no buy even if the parts he named were wrong like the fork maybe the frame. I will ask about the picture of the bb.

|

2/3/2016 4:53 PM

Also I can say my dropouts don't have the stamped eastern logo.

|

2/3/2016 5:01 PM

If you got $75 to pony up i say go for it. Even if it was a stock eastern complete i would say you really won't find a bike for cheaper unless its broken. Just check it make sure the frame isn't cracked and the expensive components are in working order. At the very least you got yourself an inexpensive backup bike.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/3/2016 5:19 PM

I only paid $70 for mine, promo cranks, s&m bars stem and forks, hazard lite wheels. There are definitely better deals to be had if you're patient.

|

2/3/2016 7:40 PM

Looks like a Reaper frame, not a Grim. Depends on you, the price is good for what is said you will get. But, could be stolen it's a risk that you take on any website (except mail order). If you aren't worried then go for it. Just keep the ad (screen shot it) incase you ever need it.

|

2/3/2016 8:53 PM

Ok so we just got done texting he told me that i got until satuday to make a decision becasue he got a other guy that is looking at and also he wants to buy it. So im like 50/50 that i want to buy and i dont want to buy becasue some of you guys think it might be stolen now dont get me wrong i also think it stolen just for the price being so low it might be stock i dont mind buying a stock bike. So what should i do buy it or not and is there anything wrong buying a stolen bike if it really is stolen gack i just screenshot the ad just in case like you said i really never thought about doing it thanks.

|

2/4/2016 7:02 AM

That is a hard choose I say if you got the money then buy it but then again I say don't but it up to you to decide.

|

2/4/2016 8:02 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Those are not not Fit Shiv forks. The first series had a cutout in the dropouts.. and they also do not look tapered like how Shiv forks are. There was a grim reaper frame that didnt have cutouts ..I think this guy is lying about these parts, ask for a pic of the bottom bracket as it should have some engraved detail as to what it is

Ya definitely not shiv forx but for 75 bux u can't. Go wrong untill some fool runs up on you about you riding his lil brothers bike.

|

2/5/2016 1:27 PM

Hey guys so I decided to buy the bike I just got home and it is a eastern grim reaper. So what do you guys think about my decision.

Fit Eddie 3 bars chrome rise I think 8.25
Fit stem
Odi grips
Headset impact
Forks still don't know he said fit shiv but couple of you guys said it not so I believe you guys
Front rim he said salt double wall salt hub.
Front Tire fit 2.40
Cranks salt and sprocket
Kmc chain
Pedal metal don't like metal pedal
Rear rim alienation 440 hub don't know
Rear tire duo brand 2.25
Seat a shadow camo i don't what kind.
Pic
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/5/2016 2:06 PM

If that where a grim reaper it would have cutouts in the headtube , not a grim reaper but can't go wrong for 70 bucks

|

2/5/2016 3:14 PM

Yeah for the price you can't go wrong. Swap the better parts on it for the parts on your bike and make a more dialed bike, then sell the other ship and make a profit if you want. Or keep them as spares.

What's the serial number on it? Maybe we can figure out what it is. The original Reaper frame didn't have the cutout in the seat tube, but some of the complete bike Reaper frames do. But A LOT of their stock bikes had that too so I can't say for sure yet.

Also I'm almost positive the rear wheel is just stock from a Fit complete, the rest of the Fit parts probably are too

|

2/5/2016 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2016 3:53 PM

Yea I was thinking about doing that put some of my parts on my main bike on the eastern like bars get plastic pedals for it what about the back wheel keep it on or swap it out. What about the cranks my main bike has thunderbolt i want to keep on my bike.
I really can't read the serial number the only thing that I see is 8N something at the end like 0 or that the being 8N is last the spray paint is cover the rest.

|

2/5/2016 4:47 PM

KidZappy9990 wrote:

Yea I was thinking about doing that put some of my parts on my main bike on the eastern like bars get plastic pedals for it what about the back wheel keep it on or swap it out. What about the cranks my main bike has thunderbolt i want to keep on my bike.
I really can't read the serial number the only thing that I see is 8N something at the end like 0 or that the being 8N is last the spray paint is cover the rest.

Keep the Thunderbolt cranks.

What back wheel do you have now?

|

2/5/2016 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2016 5:01 PM

KidZappy9990 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Keep the Thunderbolt cranks.

What back wheel do you have now?

Odyessy quadrant laced to a primo remix

|

2/5/2016 5:07 PM

KidZappy9990 wrote:

Odyessy quadrant laced to a primo remix

I would keep that one, the rims are similar but the Primo hub has a better driver system.

|

2/5/2016 6:50 PM

Sand a little of the paint off for that serial number. Send it to Eastern and ask what it is (they catalog the serial #'s).

Also call the local NON EMERGENCY line for your police dept, and have them run the serial. IF it is stolen, you are out some money, but won't have some kid run up on ya.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2016 8:23 PM

Thats a good deal

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling