Eastern Mothra 2012 and other questions...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/30/2013 6:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 7:06 PM

So.. Uhh.. Hi Guys! Im just a newbie here and its just this time that now that im 15 years old and I just got interested in BMX, I used to watch BMX'ers and Skaters at the park, and I envy them, So I decided to build my own BMX bike, So here are my questions...

1. Eastern Mothra 2012 *Frame Only*, is it good?
2. Are Xposure BMX Products that good?
3. What if I had a 25/16 gearing on my bike, is it okay?
4. Is an Eastern Birectional Rear Hub good?
5. At the site easterbikes.com there is that Eastern Promise thingy and I just saw an Eastern Promise sticker in the Eastern Mothra Frame, but at the official Eastern site it doesnt say anything about upgrading an Eastern Mothra why is that?

Can anyone here who's nice enough to answer my questions? And so sorry if I had a bad english. sad

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

10/30/2013 6:41 PM

You cant ride 25/16 gearing, you'd have to change your back hub to either an 8t, or 9t

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/30/2013 6:43 PM

I've Hurd bad about eastern and Hurd good so it's up to you and no their not good and try and run 25 - 30 to 9 and how much money you working with a complete might be better depending with how much money your spending

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/30/2013 6:43 PM

Also i think the mothra frame is full chromo if i remember right so thats good and i have no idea about exposure parts

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/30/2013 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 7:10 PM

@handlebar-to-face: Oh, that's sad for me sad So, I guess I wont ride my bike then until I get a 9t rear cassette hub, and for the eastern mothra frame too, because its the cheapest frame that I could buy in our shop, So i guess im gonna buy it this december. smile and by the way here's the link to xposure products please check it out... www.xposureproducts.com

@ThugLifeBmxRiderz: But I already bought a 25t Sprocket... sad

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX

10/31/2013 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2013 10:43 AM

1. Eastern Mothra 2012 *Frame Only*, is it good?
I would say it is solid, if it is in good shape. It is the FRAME ONLY from a complete bike, and usually those frames have less features than full aftermarket frames.
" The frame is a full 4130 Chromoly with a hydro formed down-tube with integrated gusset, holes for gyro tabs, replaceable brake mounts, an internal headset, the Lowboy integrated seat clamp, and a 78mm wide mid BB to allow for wider tire clearance. "

2. Are Xposure BMX Products that good?
Until now I have never heard of them. They are based out of the UK.

3. What if I had a 25/16 gearing on my bike, is it okay?
You would pedal several times to go 6 feet. Basically put a mountain bike into first gear, it would feel like that.

4. Is an Eastern Birectional Rear Hub good?
I liked mine, ran it for a solid year and change with no issues, BUT I maintain my parts meticulously, so that could factor.

5. At the site easterbikes.com there is that Eastern Promise thingy and I just saw an Eastern Promise sticker in the Eastern Mothra Frame, but at the official Eastern site it doesnt say anything about upgrading an Eastern Mothra why is that?
You could use the Upgrade program they offer, send them a frame (any frame) and they will give you a deal on a new frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/2/2013 6:14 PM

Never buy eastern parts period...

|

11/3/2013 12:52 AM

LoanerBmx wrote:

Never buy eastern parts period...

High end Eastern parts are good quality.

|

11/3/2013 2:43 AM

@dave lawrence: Oh, thanks thats alot of help.. You really havent heard of any xposure bmx products yet?

@LoanerBMX: why not buy eastern products?

@BMX_Forever: Yes! Youre right about that. smile)

|

#TennisRunsInOurBlood
#RideBMX