Eastern Shovelhead

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2008 12:04 PM

i'm looking for a new bike and from what i've experience, Eastern is very reliable. I use to have the Eastern Traildigger and it's just getting pretty banged up so i'm lookin for something reliable and somewhat light.


http://www.danscomp.com/101556.php?cat=BIKES


i'm thinking of that one ^. it's 26 lbs and has decent parts. any suggestions?


|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:05 PM

ya not bad.. id take it. but you know theres a whole bunch of eastern hates here so theyll give you shit

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

7/7/2008 12:06 PM

eastern is NOT reliable
and im not on of those people who have never ridden eastern and hate it just because other people do
i have the 07 eastern element
and ive had it for bout a year and a half
it sucks
im buying a new frame

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:07 PM

and obviously im not an eastern hater (some of there parts are good)
but i dont like there frames is all

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:13 PM

dude eastern is an ok company but for 420 u could definately get a better bike like the kink transition.

|

7/7/2008 12:14 PM

well not many bikes last for a year and a half, no offense or anything.


one of the main reasons i like this bike is because they use a couple of their own parts, rather than random ass parts that don't match the bike right.

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:18 PM

so u would rather have a "nice color" instead of a good bike?
and im not saying that i just recently started to not like my bike
i just dont like the feel of there frames
and the drop outs (if you ride street and grind) bend up
and you cant get your wheel offits a pain in the asswhole in my butt
only good thing bout my bike is the paint job i gave it

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:18 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/101197.php?cat=BIKES
cant go wrong there
it even looks really good!

|

go ride a bike

7/7/2008 12:19 PM

Trooper wrote:

well not many bikes last for a year and a half, no offense or anything.


one of the main reasons i like this bike is because they use a couple of their own parts, rather than random ass parts that don't match the bike right.

how much are you willing to spend??

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

7/7/2008 12:30 PM

The shovelhead isn't a bad deal. The thing you've gotta watch for is that most of the eastern completes use a high-tensile steel rear end on the frame, but in the case of the Shovelhead, you get kind of a shittier frame but a ton of great components, so if you think about the fact that eastern has a lifetime frame upgrade warranty on their frames, you can ride that shovelhead till the frame goes (because its the first thing that will) and then pick up a new frame using that upgrade warranty for like, 100 bucks.

|

7/7/2008 12:32 PM

easternwheels wrote:

so u would rather have a "nice color" instead of a good bike?
and im not saying that i just recently started to not like my bike
i just dont like the feel of there frames
and the drop outs (if you ride street and grind) bend up
and you cant get your wheel offits a pain in the asswhole in my butt
only good thing bout my bike is the paint job i gave it

umm, i didn't say anything about wanting a 'nice color'



but i'm only willing to spend up to like 500 'cause summer's gonna be over soon and i can't get too much cash within that time...

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:33 PM

easternrider21 wrote:

http://www.danscomp.com/101197.php?cat=BIKES
cant go wrong there
it even looks really good!

agreed

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:35 PM

Trooper wrote:

umm, i didn't say anything about wanting a 'nice color'



but i'm only willing to spend up to like 500 'cause summer's gonna be over soon and i can't get too much cash within that time...

then get the eastern element
its got 100%chromo frame
wich is better then hi-tensile steeel

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:45 PM

ya, i was actually thinking about getting the newer element.


the main problem for me is weight. like when i try to do a 180 on my traildigger, it's like trying to get a fatass out of mcdonalds. i think if i could shave off a couple lbs but still have a reliable bike, i'm good to go.

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:47 PM

Get a kink complete like the Liberty or the Transition, your wasting your money on an Eastern. You shouldn't buy a bike and then have to upgrade the frame immediately. That would be like buying a car and having to replace the chassis within the first year of driving it. You get my point?

|

The things you own, end up owning you... -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

7/7/2008 12:49 PM

However, it is a great buy if you want the parts that come with it and not the frame.

|

The things you own, end up owning you... -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

7/7/2008 12:51 PM

ya, i see what you're saying. overall, is kink a good company?

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:51 PM

jmoney wrote:

However, it is a great buy if you want the parts that come with it and not the frame.

yah id definatly get a kink instead
i jus dont like the feel of eastern frames "/
and kinks are really nice

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:55 PM

in terms of weight, approx. how much is the liberty or transition? i'm on their site and they look really nice so far..

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 12:55 PM

well you said reliable so no eastern, kink bitch

|

ride often ride always

7/7/2008 12:56 PM

Trooper wrote:

in terms of weight, approx. how much is the liberty or transition? i'm on their site and they look really nice so far..

i actually like the roc haha
call danscomp and ask them to weigh one or somethin
im sure they have to know

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 12:56 PM

easternwheels wrote:

so u would rather have a "nice color" instead of a good bike?
and im not saying that i just recently started to not like my bike
i just dont like the feel of there frames
and the drop outs (if you ride street and grind) bend up
and you cant get your wheel offits a pain in the asswhole in my butt
only good thing bout my bike is the paint job i gave it

if u use their chain tenisonier ur drop outs wont bend as bad they are made to fill the gap behind ur axle.

|

I'M HUNTING BUNNIES

7/7/2008 12:58 PM

well my dad said hed make a spacer for me
but thatll never happen
so im just gonna buy a new frame
that way i wont et pissed off when it breaks

|

waching little kids on wal-mart bikes eat shit is fun

7/7/2008 1:01 PM

Trooper wrote:

in terms of weight, approx. how much is the liberty or transition? i'm on their site and they look really nice so far..

I looked on dans and I think that Kink isn't listing the weight on their completes. The Stolen Sinner weighs 27 pounds so I imagine that it weighs similar to that bike. If you take off two pegs you easily save a pound or so more. Take off all four you will float like a butter fly and sting like a bee. I would keep two on and get a hub guard if I bought it, or keep on all four pegs. I'm not too concerned with weight though.

|

The things you own, end up owning you... -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

7/7/2008 4:50 PM

easternwheels wrote:

eastern is NOT reliable
and im not on of those people who have never ridden eastern and hate it just because other people do
i have the 07 eastern element
and ive had it for bout a year and a half
it sucks
im buying a new frame

same here, Mine rear triangle is bent to the right, can't afford a new frame right now so I gotta ride a fucked up frame lol

|

I'm like subway, I keep fresh
"Ey man you're bleeding!"
"I know man"
"it's getting on your reeboks!"
"Ah crap dude!"

7/7/2008 5:23 PM

easternwheels wrote:

and obviously im not an eastern hater (some of there parts are good)
but i dont like there frames is all

and because your name has eastern in it haha
that bike looks nice, i'm not an easter person, i prefer kinks smile

|

<insert signature here>

7/7/2008 7:08 PM

I own the Shovelhead and I think its a great complete bike. It is very light, and I haven't had a problem with the frame yet. I think for $420 it is a great deal. I paid $425 with tax for it and love the feel. It comes with very wide bars so I'm gettin rid of them.

|

7/7/2008 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2008 7:29 PM

i really wouldnt consider an eastern complete. The nitrous parts arent that strong in my opinion whille i was riding them i bent the forks and my friend just bent the bars. I would highly recommend a kink bike. Dont worry about weight they're all 28 or less now a days

|

Dude I Totally Want That

7/7/2008 7:49 PM

alright, so kink's looking pretty good. anyone else have any suggestions on any other companies?


and RCmafiABMX, thanks for the info on the shovelhead. its still in the top for my wishlist so far...

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/7/2008 7:49 PM

well considering you have an eastern now and you like it...i dont understand why you wouldnt like the newer ones cause this years models are better than ever

|