Eastern WTF?!?!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2013 9:02 PM

So I bought an Eastern Vaquero frame back in October as a back up bike and it was lightly ridden hardly an scratches or anything. I was out riding one day and I hear a snap and I look down and seen the brake tab ripped completely out of the frame and it was also cracked. I email Eastern's warranty department and the guy tells me I can't send it into them because they don't have any chromoly frames right now check back in a month. I'm like wtf you would think a bike company would have frames especially for warranty claims at least. Well I emailed him back over a month later and still no frames. Really?!?! This was the first Eastern frame I have ever used and it will be the last

|

7/13/2013 9:04 PM

If you mean brake mount, that's pretty fcked cause not many people break it there. And about the warranty and amount of stock, it's kinda ridiculous. I'm never getting an Eastern frame.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/13/2013 9:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2013 9:11 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

If you mean brake mount, that's pretty fcked cause not many people break it there. And about the warranty and amount of stock, ...more

It's not the brake mount but the brake tab cable mount that screws into the bottom of the top tube on the frame. It ripped out and there is a crack right by the screw hole. It was not loose either plus I also use thread lock when I put them on when I build the bike. A local kid had something similar happen with a Haro Zebra and Haro took it back and sent him a new frame no questions asked and it wasn't even cracked. They said the threads were weak and not tapped correctly. I know frames brake and shit happens but not having any frames to honor warranty issues is messed up!!!

|

7/13/2013 9:52 PM

i've heard their going out of business quite a few of their riders have left also they could have halted production of parts and frames

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/13/2013 10:17 PM

Tweetz wrote:

i've heard their going out of business quite a few of their riders have left also they could have halted production of parts ...more

Nah check my thread, they arent going out of business, Jon Byers posted in it explaining they only switched manufacturers.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/13/2013 10:49 PM

g2fspro wrote:

It's not the brake mount but the brake tab cable mount that screws into the bottom of the top tube on the frame. It ripped out ...more

You have any idea of how it might've happened? Rust and/or other factors?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/14/2013 1:28 AM

Tweetz wrote:

i've heard their going out of business quite a few of their riders have left also they could have halted production of parts ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nah check my thread, they arent going out of business, Jon Byers posted in it explaining they only switched manufacturers.

oh ok sweet thats good to hear i hate when companies that produce stuff i like go out of business ive been butthurt about it for a while now lol

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/14/2013 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2013 6:49 AM

Just so you know, THEY ARE IN BETWEEN MODEL YEARS. The 2014 stuff comes out in about a month or two, and the 2013 is basically GONE.

Be patient kid.

You will get a 2014 model of something.

Pretty sure MOST companies are out of frames, or very low in stock.

Hell, FIT and S&M Do the same thing, they run out about every month. I get emails from their sales team telling me what is in stock all the time. Literally like 30 emails a week, whenever something else comes in.

As far as a cracked frame, a buddy of mine ran an eastern vaquero that cracked on the head tube, chainstays, seat stays AND bottom bracket, the thing never snapped.

Oh and before you claim he doesn't ride hard or whatever, HERE is an edit of just an hour of him riding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2013 1:27 PM

Things happen & we dont know what it was actually put through. Running loose brakes, clear pads & a chrome rim will literally crack/snap almost any frames brake mounts.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/14/2013 1:42 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Things happen & we dont know what it was actually put through. Running loose brakes, clear pads & a chrome rim will ...more

Brakes were not loose, red salmon pads, and chrome rims. I'm not a hard rider I'm usually pretty light on stuff and when it broke I was feathering the brake to slow down.

|

7/14/2013 3:41 PM

Eastern has sucked ass for the past 5 years or more, they failed super hard with that ti frame that was make for nothing at all

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/14/2013 3:54 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Things happen & we dont know what it was actually put through. Running loose brakes, clear pads & a chrome rim will ...more

g2fspro wrote:

Brakes were not loose, red salmon pads, and chrome rims. I'm not a hard rider I'm usually pretty light on stuff and when it ...more

There also could have been a defect. My Kink frame has pinholes in the welds everywhere but they havent cracked but are more liable to.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest