Eastern alloy axle nuts any good?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2011 11:29 PM

I just order 4 of them 3/8s and 14mm from dans cause they were on sale also lighter then the steel ones. Just wondering anybody using them im scared they will strip or crack from tightening them down cause there alloy? also do u have to use a washer with these or no?

|

8/9/2011 11:34 PM

these are the best!
they wont strip like the other ones and no you dont have to use a washer for them! but i would still suggest to use a washer...uinless you run pegs
PEGS=NO WASHER
NO-PEGS=YES WASHER

|

8/10/2011 4:18 AM

CHANCExBMX wrote:

these are the best!
they wont strip like the other ones and no you dont have to use a washer for them! but i would still suggest to use a washer...uinless you run pegs
PEGS=NO WASHER
NO-PEGS=YES WASHER

Well put. Plus, you'd be surprised how much weight you cut off with alloy. About half. Just like any time you put any parts on, a thin coat of grease on your axle helps prevent stripping of the threads due to the alloy v.s. steel bite friction. I've never had a problem with these nuts and have pretty much rode the same ones for years. I also use a truck 4-way wrench to tighten my wheels, so I know I'm putting some leverage on these bad boys.

|

8/10/2011 4:51 AM

steel>alloy

i rather have a heavy nut that doesnt stip, just saying......

|

8/10/2011 6:40 AM

Chromo > Alloy

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

8/10/2011 7:51 AM

Mine have been going strong for over a year now, no problems at all.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

8/10/2011 8:40 AM

i actually just stripped one....... but thats cuz my drop out is fucked so i had to tighten the dick out of it, still got the other one though smile

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/24/2012 9:33 PM

i want some of these for my front wheel which is just a regular 3/8 what would i need? i run pegs on one side and none on the other

|

5/24/2012 9:36 PM

Jonathan_Ayala wrote:

i want some of these for my front wheel which is just a regular 3/8 what would i need? i run pegs on one side and none on the other

OLD FUCKING THREAD.

but you just need regular ones unless your peg is a 14mm, then you'd wanna get one regular 3/8 & one long 3/8 for the peg

|

5/24/2012 9:42 PM

Jonathan_Ayala wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

OLD FUCKING THREAD.

but you just need regular ones unless your peg is a 14mm, then you'd wanna get one regular 3/8 & one long 3/8 for the peg

ha yea old as fuck but its all good
so i would order a short 3/8s for the side i dont run pegs and a long 3/8 of the peg that i have in the front right?

|

5/24/2012 9:46 PM

Jonathan_Ayala wrote:

ha yea old as fuck but its all good
so i would order a short 3/8s for the side i dont run pegs and a long 3/8 of the peg that i have in the front right?

is your peg 14mm or 3/8? if it's 3/8, then you need 2 short 3/8s

|

5/24/2012 10:15 PM

ok yea my front peg is 3/8 thanks homie

|