Eastern bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2013 6:36 PM

what do you think about the 2012 eastern phantom? is it a good bike for street? is eastern a good company?

|

3/13/2013 6:44 PM

ive hread eastern is pretty shyty but ive never ridden one so i cant say for sure i did meet a rider at my local park once who snaped the teeth off his sprocket and driver on his eastern and told me to never buy an eastern

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

3/13/2013 7:01 PM

Tweetz wrote:

ive hread eastern is pretty shyty but ive never ridden one so i cant say for sure i did meet a rider at my local park once who ...more

how about kinks?

|

3/13/2013 7:04 PM

Tweetz wrote:

ive hread eastern is pretty shyty but ive never ridden one so i cant say for sure i did meet a rider at my local park once who ...more

jblaze21 wrote:

how about kinks?

i got a friend who owns a kink he likes it what brands other then eastern and kink did you have in mind though theres a lot of brands out there

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

3/13/2013 7:12 PM

Kinks are good get a kink whip 2012.... Started riding somewhere in 2011 maybe? Still have the bike =P A

|

3/13/2013 7:12 PM

Tweetz wrote:

jblaze21 wrote:

how about kinks?

Tweetz wrote:

i got a friend who owns a kink he likes it what brands other then eastern and kink did you have in mind though theres a lot of ...more

I know but im trying to find a good bike with a 21tt... i also like fit and united. im thinking of getting the eddie v3 frame with the united su3 parts kit. what do you think?

|

3/13/2013 7:14 PM

Can you build a bike? A kit has the wheelset already built I think but can you assemble it together?

|

3/13/2013 7:21 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Can you build a bike? A kit has the wheelset already built I think but can you assemble it together?

yea i dont think its that hard

|

3/13/2013 7:23 PM

|

3/13/2013 7:27 PM

Lol worth over 600 dollars and going for300
Shit around here a 1000 $ bike goes for 250 - 350 depending on if its trendy or not

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/13/2013 7:31 PM

Eastern makes good stuff, don't be mislead by retarded kids telling you they're shit cause they saw or heard of an old Eastern part breaking.

|

3/13/2013 7:46 PM

Tweetz wrote:

This is how people get misinformed. We have no idea what complete he had, for all we know it was a $300 complete and he was all pissed off because his sprocket broke after a few months. Of course it's not going to hold up to alot of abuse, he bought a low end complete.

To OP nothing wrong with the Eastern. Specs look good and eastern has a upgrade policy on their frames which is a plus.

|

3/13/2013 8:25 PM

Tweetz wrote:

Fad3r wrote:

This is how people get misinformed. We have no idea what complete he had, for all we know it was a $300 complete and he was ...more

this precisely.

|

3/13/2013 8:31 PM

Yeah Eastern is good, kids don't understand if your bike cost 300 dollars brand new don't expect it to last through everything. Like if you pay 20 dollars for forks or 40 dollars for cranks don't expect them to be good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/13/2013 8:41 PM

jblaze21 wrote:

yea i dont think its that hard

Just be sure to get the specs right.... I bought the kink pillar cranks and didn't realize I had a 19mm bb had to spend more money to get a 22mm Bb small stuff but still counts =P

Not so sure on eastern being good or not some local guys ride eastern actually I think alot of them do.... Don't really talk to the locals though I go off doing my own thing.

|

3/14/2013 9:00 AM

i had the eastern traildigger 09 with 2 cracks in it and a weld and it held up really good did 180s and 360s really good on them so yea i think eastern is a great company

|

3/14/2013 9:20 AM

Tweetz wrote:

jblaze21 wrote:

how about kinks?

Kink is good.
Get anything in Whip or higher

|

3/14/2013 9:23 AM

Four wrote:

Yeah Eastern is good, kids don't understand if your bike cost 300 dollars brand new don't expect it to last through ...more

i had 40 dollar cranks and they lasted me a year and a half maybe more... and im 240 so im a big fucking kid hahah

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/14/2013 10:42 AM

lol theyre fine, they get knocked by shitheads who buy cheap completes and get pissed when stuff breaks a year later... and they had a couple problems yearrrrsssss ago with like one of their frames... theyre fine i rode a shovelhead for a really long time... the only reason i stopped was because someone stole it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/14/2013 10:50 PM

Kink's are fucking rip-offs... don't believe all of the people saying eastern's suck, 99.5% of them haven't even had an eastern, i have had an easter before and i have eastern venus wheel sets. they are a good brand

|

3/14/2013 10:59 PM

Eastern are way better than kink, no matter what Sunny says. Easters have a great warranty AND upgrade policy, and I would and have ridden one. If my 265lb ass can jump my wife's Eternal edition Reaper and not break it, then any of you stick people will be fine on one.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/15/2013 12:47 AM

DialedGuerraBmx wrote:

Kink's are fucking rip-offs... don't believe all of the people saying eastern's suck, 99.5% of them haven't even had an ...more

Rip offs?? WTF are you on about?

|

3/15/2013 1:10 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Eastern are way better than kink, no matter what Sunny says. Easters have a great warranty AND upgrade policy, and I would and ...more

Sure.

And I'm Chinese.

|

3/15/2013 1:29 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Eastern are way better than kink, no matter what Sunny says. Easters have a great warranty AND upgrade policy, and I would and ...more

They definitely have surpassed Kink in the last few years, that's for sure.

Don't all their new frames (even higher end completes) come with helix downtubes? that's a neat feature. As far as completes go, Eastern has them beat by far..

BUTTT Kink has Eastern matched or beat in a few aftermarket parts areas like their cranks & hubs are better.. But Eastern has them beat in areas such as frames.. Eastern does a lot to their frames, Kink doesn't. they're just standard full chromoly, nothing special from the looks of it.

|

3/15/2013 1:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2013 1:40 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Don't all their new frames (even higher end ...more

I don't think eastern completes are better than kink completes at all.

When I was deciding in getting a bmx during the end if last year. I researched it A LOT. I was originally going to pull the trigger on a Eastern Reaper, which is one of their "expert" level bikes.

But I spoke to a lot if people on this forum and a few others and at parks.
They all recommended a cromo kink complete rather than an Eastern cromo complete.

And the Eastern Reapers (one of their top level completes) were just around the same price as a kink liberty (considered mid level by kink). So if price is an indication as well, there you have it.

|

3/15/2013 1:49 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

When I was deciding in getting a bmx during the end if ...more

Refer yourself to above posts. People will recommend anything besides Eastern because of hearsay bullshit. Their sister's boyfriend's dad's buddy at work's brother's kid probably snapped a stock Eastern frame & now claims Eastern sucks. It happens all the fucking time. Just because they heard of a frame breaking, they don't know what it was through & don't know if it was a stock or what. Bottom line is, if they told you & had no personal experience of either riding the bike itself or having a good friend you ALWAYS ride with, then don't listen to them cause they have no clue.

|

3/15/2013 2:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2013 2:53 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

When I was deciding in getting a bmx during the end if ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Refer yourself to above posts. People will recommend anything besides Eastern because of hearsay bullshit. Their sister's ...more

They never mentioned Eastern breaking or anything, they just recommended a liberty over reaper.
I got the link of the thread from this forum.

|

3/15/2013 2:57 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

eastern cranks arent even bad though, ive had my tribes for like over a year and a half and theyre still absolutely fine. But i probably would take kink pillars overthem, just got my tribes for cheap

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/15/2013 4:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2013 4:26 AM

Eastern is fucking awesome. They're so close to me, and the guys are pretty cool there. Its kinda weird though, becuase I dont have a single eastern, or nitrous part anymore. I have Ezra and Guerra, and Amber though, aha.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/15/2013 6:31 AM

The Grim Reaper frame got a bad rap due to a bad batch of frames on I think it was the first edition. Impurities in the welds, wet or contaminated rods, idk, but someone on here copy pasta'ed the article/interview. Most people who have talked smack have never owned on or known anyone who owned one, but still " had a friend who's cousin was only 75 lbs and hopped a curb and it exploded and cut his nuts off" or whatever.

Instead of making a thread on here about your next part, go to the product review section and buy based on what those kids have said, haha. It's like a bunch of 7 year olds went crazy in there with no knowledge of any part they review. Actually, that part of Vital should be fixed with a "stupid filter", but, if vital had one of those, I'd never get to comment on anything, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.