Eastern is making a comeback

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2015 7:52 PM

For those who don't know, know you know.

Looks like their new line drops in October according to their website and Facebook.

"If you couldn't guess yet, after a bit of downtime Eastern Bikes has made a comeback! Thank you to everyone who has backed Eastern past and present. Here's the official word on what's coming up.

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
2016 Eastern Bikes will be arriving in stores across the US and several countries starting in October 2015.
Eastern will continue its tradition of pushing the design envelope with a full range of 2016 bikes and several innovative and provocative products dropping in the coming months.
Like, Share, and Link us on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and definitely sign up for the Eastern newsletter to get a firsthand look at the new products along with chances to win some fresh new Eastern stuff. "

The bikes look pretty good look-wise and spec-wise. Minus the Lowdown in my opinion anyway, the lowest level beginner bikes are never that great though so it's expected... But the next model up (Talisman) has all sealed bearings which is pretty good for a $379.99 beginner bike. Might have to get a few of these in at the shop I work at, they always sold nicely.

I also wonder what kind of new parts they have in the works too? Guess we'll see... Thoughts?

|

9/10/2015 8:04 PM

Honestly I couldn't care less
Eastern never really has made anything that has really impressed me
Plus Eastern seems way too corporate

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/10/2015 8:45 PM

"Innovative and provocative"

Hhmmm....

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/10/2015 8:50 PM

I'm hoping they bring back a new version of the Reaper. It'd tickle my pickle. Or some others. I would be so down with some of their new parts. They always deliver when it comes to dramatic new parts. But those completes look real nice. That one has the Chainstay welded mounts and thats sick for a complete.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/10/2015 9:04 PM

tryna be trendy with that HUGE ASS sidewall writing but they look nice i guess

|

9/11/2015 12:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2015 12:06 AM

Always said , the 9" rise Eastern Wonderyear bars were amazing . I liked them , especially that crappy sandpaper job and my buddies sketch bar - cuts with a saw or something lol . Happy they're back , my other friend started with a complete of there's and it was good

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/11/2015 6:34 AM

Nearly got an eastern complete myself a year and a half back, it was so sick.

Hope they bounce back up, my favorite BMX brands for the moment are WTP, BSD, and Eastern...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

9/11/2015 6:41 AM

I thought i saw something on their site a few weeks ago, i was super excited lmao. Eastern is in my top 3 companies, I haven't bought full price brand new stuff in like over a year but i eagerly await the arrival of these parts so i can throw them money, even if the parts don't make it onto my bike for a while cause my lazy ass.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/11/2015 7:35 AM

oahz24 wrote:

tryna be trendy with that HUGE ASS sidewall writing but they look nice i guess

There's like ONE BRAND that does that.

But I am excited, I always had good luck with my Eastern Stuff. Might have to look into some more again. At least then if it is stolen I will be able to tell it is mine, unlike 90% of other kids who buy the same 3 things constantly, in the same color. I am pretty sure most of the bikes that show up at my local park are the same everything.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2015 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2015 10:03 AM

So a few years ago i bought the eastern codec frame wich was really nice n light weight n the medal was heat treated chromolly i believe i was about110 pounds I' was only13 and i snapped the dam frame n I'm really in need of a new one... Does this deserve a free one? lol

|

9/11/2015 3:38 PM

Devin_Kearns wrote:

So a few years ago i bought the eastern codec frame wich was really nice n light weight n the medal was heat treated chromolly ...more

Did you contact their warranty department? Based on your comment, probably not.

I love it when people try to bash a company because something broke. I have been riding longer than most kids on here have been alive, and if I stopped riding things from companies I had broken parts from, I wouldn't be able to ride.

There is a point where kids need to realize it is not the last thing you did that caused all the damages, it is the stresses and build up over time. I see countless posts "____ brand sucks, I broke their ____ doing a 180" but they don't ever tell you they spent yesterday hopping down 15 stairs, or that they have been throwing their bike multiple times a day, or even that they have had it for a long time or bought it USED.

Not to mention every kid that whined about Eastern (back when it was cool to bash Eastern a few years ago) would buy the LIGHTEST frame they could find and expect it to last forever, and then whine like a toddler in the toy aisle when it broke. The grim reaper came out with a warning saying not for heavy street use, and most of the kids that broke them would ride ONLY HEAVY STREET.

Also, I've seen lots of other brands break, yet there is minimal to zero hate on those brands...why is this?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2015 4:06 PM

My Premium hub lasted a year of getting beaten to fuck . I think all parts break , obviously , but buying a 4 lb frame and expecting it to be super strong is kinda against the point of being light haha .

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/11/2015 4:07 PM

I've seen two Birectional hubs explode so i'm staying away from anything Eastern like a plague.

Does this count as company bashing?

Am i a bad human being thinking negatively of their products?

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/11/2015 5:06 PM

Eastern has always been a rad brand ran by riders that supported BMX to the fullest. Stoked to see their comeback.

|

9/11/2015 6:58 PM

one try kid wrote:

I've seen two Birectional hubs explode so i'm staying away from anything Eastern like a plague.

Does this count as company ...more

Bashing would be saying "I've seen two of their hubs explode, fuck them they can suck ass!" so, no. haha.

You're certainly entitled to think that, but I think just seeing them explode shouldn't really make you think they're terrible because you don't know what kind of abuse they've seen or if they were maintained properly.

|

9/11/2015 7:50 PM

I'd rock an easter frame.

|

9/11/2015 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2015 8:11 PM

surprised nobody has linked THAT video yet

|

9/11/2015 9:42 PM

oahz24 wrote:

That Video
|

9/11/2015 9:53 PM

I hate videos like that because the comments are always cancer. Yes they might have been Eastern & broke, but do we know what kind of riding they went through beforehand? Were they secondhand? For all we know, they were heavily abused and ridden by more than one person.

|

9/11/2015 10:15 PM

oahz24 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I hate videos like that because the comments are always cancer. Yes they might have been Eastern & broke, but do we know ...more

That kid looked like he was on a complete bike. And doing what he was, I'm not surprised it broke.

|

9/11/2015 11:31 PM

Eastern comes from the grave > everyone still hates Premium because they never went out of business or have snapped frames or bold logo tires

#logicofvitalmembers

Then again I bitch at Odyssey so sue me

|

My Cult 2 Short

9/12/2015 7:24 AM

I'm curious if they will still offer the Upgrade thing they had going. Send in old worn stuff for a deal on a new setup.

That was one of a kind and I feel like no one took advantage and should have. I also liked the Nitrous Aftermarket frame, as it was a decent frame for a GREAT price. I actually very much considered it.

If they have what I want/need, they will have my business. Eastern stuff has always been good to me, and I will gladly show support to them.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2015 8:05 AM

I'm stoked I like my burnout tired , hopefully we hear some more out of guerra in the future

|

9/12/2015 9:57 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'm curious if they will still offer the Upgrade thing they had going. Send in old worn stuff for a deal on a new setup.

That ...more

Was wondering that too. Have an old Eastern wheelset I'd consider doing that with... Will look into what the new hubs they offer are like first, but this is good news.

Having kids, I like the idea of the complete lineup that starts w sub-20" frames, but I have to say at a glance seems like too many models total to me.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/12/2015 10:48 AM

if they are going to make a comeback I hope they at least bring some innovation and originality. they were good about that before. the last thing we need is another company adding to the over saturation of nearly identical bike parts.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

9/12/2015 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2015 12:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Bashing would be saying "I've seen two of their hubs explode, fuck them they can suck ass!" so, no. haha.

You're certainly ...more

One of the birectional was owned new less than a year, exploded.

He sold it as is(lol). Got a demolition after that (not the anorexia), ran it for 2 years until he sold his bike because his gf got prego. lol.

The other birectional, no clue about the history.

If a close friend of mine asks if he should get an eastern, i'll tell him not to. sad

Friends shouldn't let friends ride Eastern.
I feel like an asshole.

Please don't hate me. sad

Edit : i do hope they pull a GSport kind of deal where they only put out super legit parts and no budget parts. We need more companies like GSport.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/12/2015 2:18 PM

one try kid wrote:

Does this count as company ...more

Both of my Birectionals went to shit. I also snapped an Eastern frame doing a flat 180. I just hope they come back with better quality hubs and welds. I've never had a problem with anything else of theirs'.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

9/12/2015 7:23 PM

It's 2010. Eastern sucks cock.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/13/2015 8:25 AM

Geeeeeeeey

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/13/2015 9:28 AM

ticaleb wrote:

if they are going to make a comeback I hope they at least bring some innovation and originality. they were good about that ...more

like cult and subrosa, looking at their geos and every model is the same except for tt length and color.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton