Ecalt raven rim or Cinema 777?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2018 12:49 AM

Hi. I'm looking at getting on of the rims for a wtp helix v2 freecoaster. It is to try out a freecoaster so it need to be cheap as I have no clue if I like it.
I'm also open for other rims in that price range.

Thanks for the help.

|

7/20/2018 3:32 AM

777s have been good to me, I’ve had mine 5yrs front & back & going strong on my street bike.

|

Ride everything

7/20/2018 2:07 PM

Ok that sounds like a good rim! Is it easy to get the tire off the rim?

|

7/20/2018 3:53 PM

Gsport Rollcage/Ribcage

Those are better rims if you can fit them in your budgetsmile

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/20/2018 11:47 PM

Yeah I know. But they are 3 time more expensive the the eclat or cinema and 3 time more then I want to pay for trying a freecoaster:-).
I might not like freecoaster and end up selling it all.

|

7/21/2018 1:01 AM

Aggemam wrote:

Ok that sounds like a good rim! Is it easy to get the tire off the rim?

Depends more on the tire, but I’ve never had any issues

|

Ride everything

7/21/2018 8:54 AM

Aggemam wrote:

Yeah I know. But they are 3 time more expensive the the eclat or cinema and 3 time more then I want to pay for trying a ...more

Yeah than I'd go with the Cinema 777...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/21/2018 5:49 PM

I've tacoed eclat rims biffing shit on high speed flat hop bars and landing wrong . But they did take a ton of shit , so I'd buy them again . I've had 777 rims and they were amazing too , I'd probably aim for those

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/22/2018 2:30 AM

Aggemam wrote:

Yeah I know. But they are 3 time more expensive the the eclat or cinema and 3 time more then I want to pay for trying a ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yeah than I'd go with the Cinema 777...

I have one as a spare to my Shadow they hold up well. True, I personally like GSPORT or Odyssey for rims but got the Shadow free and the Cinema I have rode on a few bikes over the years. Low budget rim that can take abuse because I can dish out some ??

|

7/23/2018 10:22 AM

Sounds like the 777 is the way to go as it is a budget try out a freecoaster thing.
Thanks for all the answers.

|

7/23/2018 10:25 AM

Aggemam wrote:

Sounds like the 777 is the way to go as it is a budget try out a freecoaster thing.
Thanks for all the answers.

Before you spend money on a freecoaster, take your chain off and ride around chainless. You can’t pedal but riding backwards is exactly the same as a freecoaster (minus the backpedal engagement)

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican