Eclat Ridge-Stone Tires

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2013 11:13 PM

Should I get them? I haven't herd much about them since they came out, but I keep popping tubes with my united Tires, and the eclat are so-post to be stupid thick but Idk about the tread the Slick ones seem too slippery and the traction seems to grippy for me. I also was thinking about the Hawks, but a lot of people say they pop a lot of tubes with them. I pop about 3 tubes a week and I'm sick of it. What I was asking was, Do any of you have the Eclat Ridge Stone tires and are they really slippery or decent and do you pop like more then 5 tubes a month with them? Also how long have you had them and do you have signs of wear yet, if I don't get these then I guess ill get the other eclat tires Command and Escape or Hawks.

Ps. I know They've only bin out for about a month or 2 but still someone may have them.

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/15/2013 11:32 PM

Ah sorry man, i dont have those. I do have a chase hawk, they are some of the best and i have never gotten a flat with them. So yeah haha. I ride all kinds of things so that says a lot about that tire!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 11:46 PM

they just came out. its really trial and error with new stuff.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/16/2013 3:21 AM

If your popping that many tubes your doing something wrong. I have a tube that's lasted 2 years in the front and it was stolen from a shitty haro complete.

You either have spokes poking through your rim strip in the tube, a spoke hole has some swarf in it and is causing the hole, your pinch flatting them, running to high or low (usually to low) psi.

Also pays to give the tires a good brush/wipe out when they are off

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/16/2013 3:31 AM

yeah, i popped alot of tubes, but my tyres used to be mega worn, and after getting new tyres most of them stopped. check when you pop your tube where the hole is (usually top or bottom, if its at the side its probably from putting your tyre on), then find the point on the rim/tyre where it was sat (just dont move the tyre round the rim at all when taking one side of it off) and check this area for spokes popping though/damage to the tyre, usually something stuck in it. Then either replace your rim tape (or whack some insulation tape on) if its from your rim or pop whatever was stuck in your tyre out if it was from your tyre. If you do this then you should get anymore flats. What psi you running?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/16/2013 11:03 AM

Gump wrote:

If your popping that many tubes your doing something wrong. I have a tube that's lasted 2 years in the front and it was stolen from a shitty haro complete.

You either have spokes poking through your rim strip in the tube, a spoke hole has some swarf in it and is causing the hole, your pinch flatting them, running to high or low (usually to low) psi.

All of them are punctures threw the tire and does anyone know the actual inflate width of the eclat ridge stone slick tire 2.25 can't find it any where, and I mean the actual inflate like hawks are 2.4 but their actual more of a 2.3 and like the Odyssey aitken 2.25 is actually more of a 2.3.

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/16/2013 11:09 AM

Gump wrote:

It seems to be the sketchier the source of the tube the better

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard