Eclat's Wonderful Engineering

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2015 10:08 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I thought this was a joke at first. It's like they looked at the Birdcage and thought, "You know how we could make this worse?"
|

2/19/2015 10:11 AM

Lmao taco night

|

13 years old

2/19/2015 10:12 AM

The rims should be called lair bcuz they are gonna get untrue af

|

13 years old

2/19/2015 10:14 AM

Krooked wrote:

I think it's less of that, and more of the fact that the nipples will pull out so easily. That's why Birdcages have the rib in the center. It was originally thinner, but it had to be increased because the nipples kept pulling out, unlike me. These rims don't even have that. Not to mention the Eclat rims have a weaker narrower shape and no fucking internal support at all.

And their other new rim is almost as laughable.

|

2/19/2015 10:25 AM

Krooked wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I think it's less of that, and more of the fact that the nipples will pull out so easily. That's why Birdcages have the rib in ...more

Dont knock it till you try it. They might turn out sick.

I myself shall stick to bondis for now though.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/19/2015 10:26 AM

Krooked wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I think it's less of that, and more of the fact that the nipples will pull out so easily. That's why Birdcages have the rib in ...more

It really is kinda weird. I don't like this rim, i wouldn't really buy a birdcage though. The Aerospace isn't that strong. I know because i have it. I may have cracked the weld a bit... I'd still run it because its got this little thing in it that prevents the weld from dying. But i don't really like aero rims to begin with. Light as they are, i don't like it.

I rather have a lighter traditional type rim. I completely thrashed the quadrant actually. I looked at it the other day and was like "SHIT" because the whole sidewall was about to fall off.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/19/2015 10:53 AM

Wtf? I'd just run a single wall at that point? Is it a front rim only?

Hazard lites front and back baby. Can't go wrong.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/19/2015 12:54 PM

Must be the replacement for that alienation deviant POS. Next lightest piece of shit!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/19/2015 1:01 PM

Prolly going to be like $85.

|

2/19/2015 1:01 PM

Krooked wrote:

Is it some type of secret? Oh you meant liar, inbred Kentucky fuck.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/19/2015 1:17 PM

Ive seen some heavy people do crazy things on singled wall rims and they've held up, Im sure these were team tested too. Until real reviews come in judging something by a picture is meaningless.

More info on Eclat rims http://eclatbmx.com/blog/in-focus-mercury-phantom-rims/

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/19/2015 2:23 PM

Their other one is even worse, it's a singlewall.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/19/2015 2:45 PM

Krooked wrote:

Ricked_Em wrote:

Is it some type of secret? Oh you meant liar, inbred Kentucky fuck.

You're mad bcuz i don't want to ride with you and neither
Do collin and jesse lmao stop trying to be one of the guys when no one likes you

|

13 years old

2/19/2015 2:52 PM

Well that is a rim I would never consider

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/19/2015 2:55 PM

So you guys haven't really looked at any of the Aero rims, have you? A lot of them are similar design, not having a center channel.

This is nothing new.

Honestly, most non pro riders who don't throw their bike could probably get away with a single wall up front, or one like this without an issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/19/2015 3:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2015 3:13 PM

I think a single wall would hold up fine for the front with 110 psi , rear wheel not so sure, going to get a new wheelset soon I'll probably go with 1664 double wall rims they're looking pretty good for the price

|

2/19/2015 3:16 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

So you guys haven't really looked at any of the Aero rims, have you? A lot of them are similar design, not having a center ...more

Eclat claims it's a rim strong enough for the burliest riders. I believe those are their exact words. And like someone else said, it'll probably be like $85-90. I'm not confident whatsoever in the lack of a center rib, and the lack of any inner support along with the hollow beads just seems like an awful idea. I know it'll be fine for most people, but I prefer to have the best parts I can get, not some poorly designed, over priced parts.

|

2/19/2015 3:34 PM

can someone explain this to me? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at, I have no clue about wheels.

|

2/19/2015 3:47 PM

Krooked wrote:

You're mad bcuz i don't want to ride with you and neither
Do collin and jesse lmao stop trying to be one of the guys when no ...more

I'm not mad at all just funny that people who call out people for not riding won't come ride. Also shouldn't this site be about riding and having people meet up to ride? You're just a little prick who never has anything productive to say. Beside aren't you banned? They need to Ban IP addresses not user names.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/19/2015 4:02 PM

Was considering these but not so excited after seeing a cross section.

$78 on danscomp

|

2/19/2015 4:18 PM

looks like this one's for the smooth rider/weight weenie crowd. They make other, stronger looking rims too so why not make something for everybody? They're always looking to sell shit and if people are into it then it's just more money for Eclat.

I'm skeptical about the "..burliest riders" quote. Let's see Burns run a pair then..

Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/19/2015 4:24 PM

BMXism wrote:

looks like this one's for the smooth rider/weight weenie crowd. They make other, stronger looking rims too so why not make ...more

Burns would NEVER run them. Not in 10000000 years. He is more picky about his bike than most would think. He rather have it be 30 lbs and strong than 20 lbs and break. He only runs 48s anyways.

|

2/19/2015 4:39 PM

BMXism wrote:

looks like this one's for the smooth rider/weight weenie crowd. They make other, stronger looking rims too so why not make ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Burns would NEVER run them. Not in 10000000 years. He is more picky about his bike than most would think. He rather have it be ...more

More weight does not equal more strength

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/19/2015 4:43 PM

tomdon wrote:

I am well aware of that, I didn't say that. I am saying he rather have a heavy bike that doesn't break than a light one that will. Not that heavy or light is stronger or something. It's hard to explain but i'm not insinuating that a heavy bike is stronger, obviously anyone with a light and strong bike would know. My bike is under 25lbs and wont break haha

But these rims are only like this for weight and not strength and its gross and obvious.

|

2/19/2015 5:01 PM

but more weight does imply more material.. and if there's more material in all the right places... more strength. Wonderful engineering is more important though. BMX is always trying to close that gap between what is strong and what is light. We're at a good balance as it is.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/19/2015 5:34 PM

BMXism wrote:

but more weight does imply more material.. and if there's more material in all the right places... more strength. Wonderful ...more

the strength increase diminishes as you add more and more material on though

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/19/2015 5:43 PM

BMXism wrote:

but more weight does imply more material.. and if there's more material in all the right places... more strength. Wonderful ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

the strength increase diminishes as you add more and more material on though

True. the trick to it is finding the best configuration that adds the most strength and ability to remove weight comes after that.

|

2/19/2015 10:09 PM

tomdon wrote:

In the case of comparable 48h vs. 36h wheels it does...

|

2/20/2015 4:57 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I am well aware of that, I didn't say that. I am saying he rather have a heavy bike that doesn't break than a light one that ...more

So which is it, is your bike under 25lbs and won't break or are the rims crumbling to bits?

|

2/20/2015 5:12 AM

tomdon wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I am well aware of that, I didn't say that. I am saying he rather have a heavy bike that doesn't break than a light one that ...more

Oddity wrote:

So which is it, is your bike under 25lbs and won't break or are the rims crumbling to bits?

It's 25 lbs and wont break...

I think people just match heavy with strength and that is only partially true, more material in the right areas adds strength. Some places literally wont even matter, It's like a solid sprocket.

I bet the Tree Lite sprockets won't bend but the primo solid one would bend way before it.

|