Eh... Chain...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2017 5:00 AM

There 's a problem. a month ago(or more) I got myself a new chain(cult halflink) And all looked good till i started riding it and it made that hideous noise that chains make when they are wearing in. I knew that it would make that noise so it was all good. But now, a month later, it still makes the noise and its not like it has gotten any better. The noise is coming from the driver, not the sprocket, and its definitely the chain thats making the noise.
One thing I noticed is that, the noise gets more quite when I have the chain tighter, Ive been running the chain tight, but I have a freecoaster and the chain tightness has been eating my driver bearing, had to replace it 3 times.

Is there anything I can do? Is there any other option then getting a new driver? It looks a bit worn too, and I can see the signs of the chain trying to wear in, but its taking really long and Im the person that hates weird noises coming from the bike.

|

Wake up, ride, have fun, repeat.

10/10/2017 5:22 AM

How old is your driver? Sounds like your driver is wearing in your chain, not the other way around. In general, it's usually a good idea to change out sprockets & chains at the same time (applies more to aluminum sprockets, etc...) so that everything starts out "in spec". Sounds like you may need a new driver.

|

10/10/2017 5:22 AM

New driver. The teeth are worn so the new chain won't engage properly

|

10/10/2017 5:24 AM

Get a full link because half links blow? Or do what these guys told you ^^^

|

10/10/2017 7:06 AM

How is your chain line? Thicker chains are a bit more picky with how straight the chain line is. Thats because the have less side to side flex to compensate for the chain not being straight from sprocket to driver.

|

10/10/2017 12:27 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Haha, I back this.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/10/2017 12:49 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Haha, I back this.

I also back this, half links look great but play not nice...

|