Electric tape fixes all!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2018 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 9:51 PM

Tried it as a patch for my tube. Couldnt find my box of spare tubes and then couldnt find my patches. Figured its worth a shot. Easy to carry in a bag. Worked like a charm, at least temporarily has held for 2 days now at 60psi.

Just did a simple pirate "x" marks the spot lol

|

2/20/2018 10:10 PM

depends how big the hole is, but yeah it'll work short term. I used duct tape one time and it held for weeks

|

2/21/2018 7:22 AM

Never been one to patch tubes, but have put tape on the inside of my tires when they rip or get a good puncture hole, always works like a charm (just keeps the tube from bulging through the hole.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/22/2018 11:47 AM

I have used it for rim strips many times, in fact they are my rim strips right now on my 26" mountain bike.. skinnier rims so the tape actually covers a bit of the sides of the inner rim and is plenty thick enough to do the main job a rim strip does. But you know... those mountain bikes is fightin words and they are hard to work on lol

|

2/22/2018 2:08 PM

i just spend the $4 at wal-mart for a tube

|

It’s all bmx

2/22/2018 3:11 PM

Shredkink9 wrote:

I have used it for rim strips many times, in fact they are my rim strips right now on my 26" mountain bike.. skinnier rims so ...more

I used it as rim strip before. Just gotta do like 3 or 4 layers and cut the hole for the valve with a razor blade.

|

2/22/2018 7:57 PM

I’ve done that before, but only when I’m in a pinch. Shit works out prime.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen