Encouraging participation in action sports.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2013 12:55 PM

Hello all, I am working on a persuasive speech for my effective speech class in school and I figured why not do it about action sports? I'm asking you to comment on why you would encourage your kids or peers or whoever, to participate in action sports. I am trying to persuade my class to encourage in action sports so if you have anything related its much appreciated. Thanks

|

Yeaaaaaaaah boyyyy!

4/16/2013 1:06 PM

Because we all do drugs.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/16/2013 1:12 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Because we all do drugs.

I second this

|

516-468-9424. jdizzle.domin@aol.com Refs: Snm AN1MAL, Chris12345(x2), TCbmx, scramhype,kevinburnett,dream(x2) tomdon, mgbmx666, handlebar-to-face

4/16/2013 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 1:14 PM

Because riding scooters is cool.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/16/2013 1:14 PM

Because we don't have anything better to do.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/16/2013 2:19 PM

Well the thing with free sports as I like to call them is that if you want to progress you have to constantly challenge yourself, an yourself only, these things ain't no team sports with a coach screaming at you and telling you what's what, your free to do what you want, an in any style that you want (freestyle) although its getting harder to see someone with true original style what with all these trendy muva fukaz that can't think for or express them selfs.

Anyway if I had to sell freesports to someone I would list these things as pros

Community
Friends
Developing true style
Thinking for yourself
Rebellion
Satisfaction that comes with developing a skill set
Doing something productive with your time
Freedom

And theres loads more, too many things to list......

......And of course lets not forget the main reason... the drugs n the bitches !!!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/16/2013 2:31 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Well the thing with free sports as I like to call them is that if you want to progress you have to constantly challenge yourself, an yourself only, these things ain't no team sports with a coach screaming at you and telling you what's what, your free to do what you want, an in any style that you want (freestyle) although its getting harder to see someone with true original style what with all these trendy muva fukaz that can't think for or express them selfs.

Community
Friends
Developing true style
Thinking for yourself
Rebellion
Freedom

......And of course lets not forget the main reason... the drugs n the bitches !!!

This pretty much sums up what BMX is.
To me it's one big community of people that enjoy doing the same thing no matter what it what.
BMX also helps achieving physical, practical skills and an overall knowledge of materials, parts, how to fix stuff etc.

|

4/16/2013 3:33 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Community
Friends
Developing true style
Thinking for yourself
Rebellion
Freedom

andyferly wrote:

To me it's one big community of people that enjoy doing the same thing no matter what it what.
BMX also helps achieving physical, practical skills and an overall knowledge of materials, parts, how to fix stuff etc.

yeah and its all so fun to get the rush of doing something big and then achieving your own personal set goal for doing it

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/16/2013 3:37 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

yeah and its all so fun to get the rush of doing something big and then achieving your own personal set goal for doing it

It's also involves a lot of commitment.
BMX is a life lesson IMO, if you want something to work you gotta keep at it till you achieve it.
And the reward is the satisfaction of being able to do something new or even something that no one even did before.
What helps when trying to land something new is friends support so when you are finally able to land the trick you'll be respected for it.

|

4/16/2013 5:04 PM

I don't know about other people, but BMX is a stress reliever for me. When I get on my bike I can forget all the negativity and problems around me and set my mind free.

|

Refs: element4all, kroller

4/16/2013 5:25 PM

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

andyferly wrote:

It's also involves a lot of commitment.
BMX is a life lesson IMO, if you want something to work you gotta keep at it till you achieve it.
And the reward is the satisfaction of being able to do something new or even something that no one even did before.
What helps when trying to land something new is friends support so when you are finally able to land the trick you'll be respected for it.

True dat !! Bmx4eva.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/16/2013 5:27 PM

because its better than regular sports because we don't go around slapping each others ass

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/16/2013 5:32 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

because its better than regular sports because we don't go around slapping each others ass

Just because you don't doesn't mean we don't...

|

4/16/2013 5:44 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

that sir is a problem

|

making half retarded post at the moment

4/16/2013 6:18 PM

The people you meet and their personalities are so much more unique than your average highschool girls.

The memories you will make you will remember forever ( give a crazy riding story, I know you have one )

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/16/2013 6:21 PM

I get pissed and smoke a few ounces of crack then bash my teeth in with a candlestick

Bmx not even once

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

4/16/2013 6:27 PM

SickDude wrote:

I get pissed and smoke a few ounces of crack then bash my teeth in with a candlestick

Bmx not even once

No

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/16/2013 6:43 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

mrmatrix66 wrote:

that sir is a problem

How?

|

4/16/2013 9:36 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

mrmatrix66 wrote:

that sir is a problem

Mikel8149 wrote:

How?

Ain't nothing wrong with a little finger up the butthole every once in a while

|

4/16/2013 9:41 PM

Lol =P Disregard my last post I was just being a dick

On a more serious note Bmx = freedom....

|

4/16/2013 10:13 PM

It's been summed up already lol

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/16/2013 10:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2013 10:36 PM

SIRE wrote:

I don't know about other people, but BMX is a stress reliever for me. When I get on my bike I can forget all the negativity and problems around me and set my mind free.

Thats me. And I love the feeling on ANY bike
*EDIT 800th post *

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/17/2013 6:42 AM

We have beanies and weed.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/17/2013 8:04 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

We have beanies and weed.

Don't forget rasta colorways of everything and 14 year olds with aaron ross pro models!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/17/2013 8:11 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Because we all do drugs.

this^ the first time i banged dope and meth was with muh riding buddies

same with smoking sherm!

first time i stabbed someone was a guard that came after me riding

i also like to abuse my child when i get home from a day of riding because i get upset that i couldnt land a trick earlier in the day, makes me feel better

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/17/2013 10:02 AM

^HAHAHAHA

BMX is a way of life, no matter how we do it, it gets us off our asses and we don't waste our life on xbox/ps3 like other teens/young adults. its just a fun thing to go and do and relax

|

Bruh

4/17/2013 10:14 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Because we all do drugs.

sketchytravis wrote:

same with smoking sherm!

i also like to abuse my child when i get home from a day of riding because i get upset that i couldnt land a trick earlier in the day, makes me feel better

Sherm heads are the best.. Always stealing stuff.

|

4/17/2013 10:34 AM

i got my first prison time riding bmx was so worth it... lol

|

Bruh

4/17/2013 12:34 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Because we all do drugs.

sketchytravis wrote:

same with smoking sherm!

Lmfao Sketchy travis living up to his user name..! Dats funny bro hope its not true. Lol

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/17/2013 3:17 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote: