End Of Summer Reflection

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2014 6:50 PM

Well this summer has surely been an interesting one. I went into this summer with a lot of high hopes, and not only were some of those hopes met, it was a lot of fun. I had made a dirt jump and progressed a lot. I had learned all kinds of stuff, 540 cabs, full cabs, nice turndowns, big wallrides, better tabletops, and i had a great time. Everything went well until our good friend broke his neck. Then shortly after i ruined my foot. I pretty much just broke my arch or something. Then my girlfriend had to move to Vegas so we broke up.

I then had about a month of light riding and a major set back for my riding too. I then re injured my foot and that set me back even more. Up until that point we hadn't made a trip to a skatepark really at all. This month has been different though. I went to imperial a good few times and today i went to south park and got my airing out consistent and learned some good lines in the bowl. Basically since my foot was hurt I went from street riding to enjoying park way more. Airing and pumping feels great. Now i have a job and work a lot. Which i really do not enjoy (fuck washing dishes). The money is decent though and now I can afford to have this bike just how I want.

Also, I am probably gonna get a Cult Coaster laced to some rim (which do you think I should get it laced to?)

How was everyone's summer?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/23/2014 6:51 PM

ITS TOOO SOON TO SAY ITS OVERRR.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/23/2014 6:53 PM

I'm very happy with my progression over the summer. nuff said

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/23/2014 7:12 PM

I haven't gotten to ride for two months and one of my best friends moved away.

|

8/23/2014 7:15 PM

Got to ride bmx in austin
one of my favorite times ever

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/23/2014 7:46 PM

I worked and spent time with the wife.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/23/2014 8:01 PM

I've had the best summer my life! Made some new friends, progressed my riding a lot, and almost completed an edit.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/23/2014 8:12 PM

barely rode at all, fucking bike problems and summer classes sad

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/23/2014 8:19 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Don't fail regular school, and no summer classes. Unless you are in college, in which case, nevermind.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/23/2014 10:00 PM

Had a crazy breakup after 2 years then she probaly fucked my friend 2 weeks after , my bikes got stolen , I have minor wrist injuries and progressed basically nowhere.

On the good side I learned nollie 180's out of banks first try and I have a phone now , found a job and enjoying being single so off my bike it's been a good summer.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/23/2014 11:01 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Don't fail regular school, and no summer classes. Unless you are in college, in which case, nevermind.

wrong, taking chem at a local city college instead of taking up an elective this year so i can take world history
i didnt fail shit

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/23/2014 11:59 PM

I finally got full cabs and barely any manual 180's. And I also dialed in my feebles and kinda my double pegs.. I barely tried smiths though, so I'm sad about that.. Apart from that, my happiest thing was getting back the motion of 360's. I still tap them at like 270 if I try hard enough, but I'm happy with that.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/24/2014 3:38 AM

Things were going good until I broke my hand last week, I was getting closer to landing bars & whips, 180s bothways out of grinds just started to click for me too.

My summer is over tho for sure, hoping to be back on the bike by my birthday in November, I hate not being able to ride.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/24/2014 7:02 AM

I got a flat 180 so I'm happy

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/24/2014 7:56 AM

It's been a summer to remember, that's for sure.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/24/2014 8:23 AM

I barely got to ride, work and school everyday and a weekend internship took away pretty much all my time. But im taking less classes this upcoming semester so maybe I'll have alittle more time to ride.

I did land a few wallrides though so that was pretty cool

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/24/2014 10:08 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

wrong, taking chem at a local city college instead of taking up an elective this year so i can take world history
i didnt fail ...more

My bad, 9/10 times that's what happened on here when someone has summer classes.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/24/2014 11:17 AM

Photo

Aside from feeble 180 and smith and ice on lock (i have gotten better at them) i did pretty much everything i wanted that i said in the summer goals thread.
|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/24/2014 5:17 PM

Kicked the bitch who made my life miserable to the curb.
Met a new girl (now my girlfriend) who is fucking bad ass and enjoys watching me ride and hanging out with the homies.
Got some puss.
Got intoxicated.
Kicked it with the homies.
Rode little kid bikes.
Worked construction full-time.
Planned a road trip.
Doing great in school.
Got a better attitude on life.

As for riding, I learned to 450 a hip, landed a couple barspins the other day, got 540 taps on lock, 360 flats dialed, learned to smith, got better at riding bowls. Put a dent on 540s (and somewhat 720s), double footjam whips, feeble barspins, hang fives. I could go on for days with a list of bullshit tricks ive got down/started working on. For the most part, ive gotten a little more burly/ballsier with my riding, learned to flow a little bit better, and over all improved alot.

Yeah its been a good summer.

Oh, also, I was staying two minutes away from Ferguson, MO when all that shit was going on there. Literally right down the street from the QT they lit up. Pretty bad ass I guess haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/25/2014 7:29 AM

Didn't do shit. Bought a Car. Worked on that car and went through hassle for 3 months. Went on a date with a transvestitelaughingunsure blush Rode maybe 20 times and lost more tricks than i learned which were zero. What a unproductive year in terms of nearly everything ermm .

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

8/25/2014 8:40 AM

After hurt myself in snowboard end of march, i was out for almost 2 month, then, i've take my revenge on my bike this summer !
I had enjoy lots of bowl sessions and just start to dig, i'll soon build a dirt pipe.

|

8/25/2014 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2014 1:36 PM

this has been a good and bad summer for me....
Lost my older brother (28), broke up with my girlfriend and I just got back into riding 2 months ago after being off the bike for 4years. best decision I ever made. missed it to much a lot of doors are starting to open again but i just broke my hand 2 days ago tho, so looks like ill be out for a few weeks.

-Travel the Country for work.
-Meet a lot of great friends/people.
-lived in 5 different citys. (Atlanta,Chicago,Cleveland,Memphis, and Denver)
-Cant tell ive been off the bike for 4 years. same old crazy me lol

|

8/26/2014 5:53 AM

Did naf all

|

Bruh

8/26/2014 6:09 PM

Rode my ass off all summer, till about a week ago when I found my bike with a flat, haven't touched it since , probably go ride tonight or tommorow get some clips for the member edit, feeling burnt out on riding, once September hits and it starts cooling down I'll be riding as much as possible before snow hits

|