Ethnies vs Vans for riding bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2019 2:22 PM

I want to buy new shoes but I have heard many pros and cons about these two...I am currently riding adidas shoes they are awesome but I wanna try something else!I want them to last long and grip well(the standards)

|

5/2/2019 2:49 PM

Vans

|

5/2/2019 3:17 PM

Krisss wrote:

I want to buy new shoes but I have heard many pros and cons about these two...I am currently riding adidas shoes they are awesome but I wanna try something else!I want them to last long and grip well(the standards)

Etnies*

|

5/2/2019 3:18 PM

If you’re interested, Vans recently released a BMX-specific shoe. Kevin Peraza’s signature model with a BMX Wafflecup design.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/2/2019 8:07 PM

Etnies Jameson 2 eco. I used to think they weren’t very comfortable, then got some es accel..... If you’re brakeless the soles on the Jameson 2 eco last ages too. And they plant a tree for every pair that’s sold

|

5/2/2019 8:59 PM

I've skated etnies for years.. Bought new ones to skate in. However, they are awesome for bmx and a little too grippy and narrow for the wood. The Michelin maranas for bmx are super rad! Not too stiff and less flexy than vans

|

5/3/2019 5:42 AM

brsoo wrote:

I've skated etnies for years.. Bought new ones to skate in. However, they are awesome for bmx and a little too grippy and narrow for the wood. The Michelin maranas for bmx are super rad! Not too stiff and less flexy than vans

I had Michelin x marana’s, the sole only lasted 2 months XD

|

5/3/2019 9:14 AM

i have a pair of Etnies MT faders mid tops ive worn since 2015 bottoms are completely smooth now but shoe is still fine. ive always been an etnies/adidas guy, every pair of vans ive had fell apart were crap, they really dont have any protection at all either

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

5/3/2019 9:48 AM

Both are great. basically the 2 best options out there in general. If you go Vans, get Pro so u get the better cushioned insoles

|

5/3/2019 5:54 PM

So, are Etnies back to what they used to be yet? I haven't had a pair in probably 2 years now because every pair I got back then wore out or ripped in like a month or two, whereas up until that point, they'd last 4-6 months easily, if not more.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/3/2019 6:38 PM

They're both made by 5 year old Chinese kids, so you can't go wrong with either

|

It’s all bmx

5/4/2019 12:19 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

So, are Etnies back to what they used to be yet? I haven't had a pair in probably 2 years now because every pair I got back then wore out or ripped in like a month or two, whereas up until that point, they'd last 4-6 months easily, if not more.

Far from it. But I’ve only ever had 2 pairs of vans and they were horrible.
I was going to start looking at other skate shoe brands. Hence getting a pair of es accel. But, I haven’t been disappointed by the Jameson 2 eco yet and I’ve had about 6 or 7 pairs. They’re not as padded as I’d like. But they last

|

5/4/2019 1:15 PM

Nike SB decent to ride but not great to walk in. Etnies are rubbish and Vans seem to only fit a narrow foot from what I've tried on.

Recently picked up Lakai Sheffield XLK since most skate shoe brands these days are garbage as I often mention. These shoes are proof I am right.

Go try them out, feel what a decent shoe was like 10+ years ago back before all the other brands compromised quality for profit.

|