Ever had your bike stolen?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2013 6:15 PM

Have you ever had your bike stolen?
What do you do now to be sure it doesn't happen again?

|

12/18/2013 6:32 PM

I remember I sat my bike outside McDonald's and told my friend to watch it while I bought an ice cream. 5minutes later (the line was thick) while I was waiting for my icecream, I get a call from my friend "uhh dude I
think your bike just got stolen", storm outside, and my friends sitting exactly where he was when I left him to watch my bike. I called the cops and they refused to look for it. I never got my icecream either.
I had a lock for my next bike, but after so many people tried cutting/burning/breaking it off it quit working properly and I just quit leaving my bike outside anywhere where I cant see it and get to it in time.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/18/2013 6:44 PM

nope, most places here let you bring your bike inside or we lock and watch them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/18/2013 6:45 PM

I never leave my bike outside, and if someone would try to steal it while I'm on it, I'd go super saiyan and kill the motherfucker

Photo

|

12/18/2013 6:46 PM

I've had people attempt/scheme to steal mine, but never actually stolen (knocking on wood while typing this)

One time this fucktard kept stealing bikes in my town, but none of the kids who got their bikes stolen pressed charges so he kept doing it. One day I saw him just standing on the end of my street which is odd for anyone to do, and I live in a No Outlet, so he couldn't just be passing through. Told my friends this & one of them said that they heard from someone that because I kept catching that idiot with the stolen shit, he was planning on stealing mine. so one day I was waiting for my friend in town and saw that thief ride by on a bike, and immediately took off after him. Cornered him and questioned him as to why I heard he was planning on stealing my bike. He fed me the lines he said when he got caught with the other stolen shit, but before he got the sentence out I told him to shut the fuck up, he got scared. I'm not a big guy, not intimidating at all. But he backed down, and I got right in his face & said a lot of R rated words & threats that would happen if my shit ever went missing. He still stole shit, but one time we got proof & charges pressed on him, AND he got the shit beat out of him by someone who doesn't take kindly to bike thieves. Needless to say, I never see that guy around anymore, or hear of him stealing bikes.

|

12/18/2013 7:12 PM

Yup three times actually alot of pieces of shit live around me that probably sold them for like 50 to buy some beer and drugs, needless to say i now use three U locks and a thick as cable when i lock my bike up. its funny seeing people try and get at my bike, i saw this one black kid just gt at one of the locks for about twenty minutes, when i finally walked up to him he just ran like a bitch hahaha. i saw him a few weeks later and confronted him about he just said he thought it was his bike and just walked away

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/18/2013 7:34 PM

Yeah and it totally burns me even 20 years later.

|

12/18/2013 7:55 PM

Once, when I was like 7. I learned. Now if I go into the store, I check on it constantly and I'm only in there long enough to get a Gatorade or whatever that's right up front. I'll throw a shopping cart at the stupid ass that tries to take my shit, IDGAF.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/18/2013 8:02 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I remember I sat my bike outside McDonald's and told my friend to watch it while I bought an ice cream. 5minutes later (the line was thick) while I was waiting for my icecream, I get a call from my friend "uhh dude I
think your bike just got stolen", storm outside, and my friends sitting exactly where he was when I left him to watch my bike. I called the cops and they refused to look for it. I never got my icecream either.
I had a lock for my next bike, but after so many people tried cutting/burning/breaking it off it quit working properly and I just quit leaving my bike outside anywhere where I cant see it and get to it in time.

wow your friends a careless asshole. were you mad at him?

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/19/2013 6:52 AM

My first bmx was stolen by some motherfucker..

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/19/2013 7:08 AM

Nope, knocking on wood. But if it was, my bike stands out well, so unless the asshat took off out of state, I would find them pretty quickly. In MN we network with riders pretty well, so if it turned up on a street spot or park, they would have my back.

BUT It is locked up IN MY APARTMENT, and never left unattended without a lock on it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/19/2013 7:41 AM

The only bikes that have ever been stolen from me is walmart bikes luckily. When you go in stores or something just watch it or try to bring it in. Sometimes shit just happens though.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/19/2013 10:35 AM

You only get a bike stolen if you give people the option to. If you don't give them the option, it won't happen. I never leave my bike unattended. I'll bring it in a store or whereever.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/19/2013 11:37 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

You only get a bike stolen if you give people the option to. If you don't give them the option, it won't happen. I never leave my bike unattended. I'll bring it in a store or whereever.

Sometimes they take that option from you....plenty of people out there who wouldnt mins holding a gun up to you. gotta be careful

|

12/19/2013 12:11 PM

^^^^thats true ive had a few friends held up a gun point for their bike and alot of time (atleast around me) they'll watch you a for like a week to see what you do (school, work, etc) and thats when they get the bike when they know you'll be away

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/19/2013 12:16 PM

what's the best lock that's out guys?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/19/2013 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2013 6:05 PM

Yup, I found the guys mutual friends, and told them.. The guy wasn't popular ether so all of his friends stopped talking to him and then I got some people to threaten him and then I went to his house and took it back... His life was he'll no one would talk to him and everyone called him bike thief.. I don't think I'll ever get a bike stolen unless they steal it when I'm not home.. Also I could post on Facebook and in seconds like a person from every part of my town will see it and then they'll tell me right away if they see it.

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/19/2013 6:21 PM

It wasn't my bike, but it was my friend's Zach. We were in Walmart getting a Pepsi after going to our friends. When we were coming back this Mexican was cruising off on Zach's bike. Then Zach got on my bike and went up to that Mexican threw a punch and that Mexican went running.

|

12/19/2013 8:50 PM

Garnished wrote:

It wasn't my bike, but it was my friend's Zach. We were in Walmart getting a Pepsi after going to our friends. When we were coming back this Mexican was cruising off on Zach's bike. Then Zach got on my bike and went up to that Mexican threw a punch and that Mexican went running.

Im going to guess you're white. Hope that catches up to you one day.

Never had a bike stolen.. been blamed though. It was the bike I brought from nc lol. But my stuff is locked in my house or in my grip all the time.

|

12/19/2013 10:44 PM

I traded a dude I knew some parts and he gets his bike jacked within the next couple days. I've seen it on CL like 3 times in total the past year or two, and every time I try to set up, I don't have the serial number so all fails. That thing is long gone I guess.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/20/2013 10:20 AM

I got my bike stolen like over a year ago. I went to go get it back and the kids punk ass dad put a gun in my face. I leave my bike in my room now...

|

12/20/2013 10:40 AM

Shermdogg wrote:

Im going to guess you're white. Hope that catches up to you one day.

Never had a bike stolen.. been blamed though. It was the bike I brought from nc lol. But my stuff is locked in my house or in my grip all the time.

He got his bike back what do you want to catch up to him?

|

Murica bike check

12/20/2013 1:45 PM

yeah, it fucking sucks... idk I keep my bike in places it cant get stolen from, like ill bring that shit with me wherever, and if anyone has to say anything about it, ill ask em for the 2000 bucks for their broke ass to cover for it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/20/2013 5:06 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Once, when I was like 7. I learned. Now if I go into the store, I check on it constantly and I'm only in there long enough to get a Gatorade or whatever that's right up front. I'll throw a shopping cart at the stupid ass that tries to take my shit, IDGAF.

Dude! I feel like you must be the only one who does this other than me haha. My friends make fun of me/I always feel funny running back to the doorway or a window to check on my bike ever 15 seconds but fuck it, I live in a grimy ass part of LA and im not losing my bike to some crackhead. Its way too easy to just hop on someones bike when theyre inside a store

|

12/20/2013 6:25 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

Dude! I feel like you must be the only one who does this other than me haha. My friends make fun of me/I always feel funny running back to the doorway or a window to check on my bike ever 15 seconds but fuck it, I live in a grimy ass part of LA and im not losing my bike to some crackhead. Its way too easy to just hop on someones bike when theyre inside a store

just bring it in the store, or split watch wit duh homiez

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/20/2013 7:09 PM

i never had my bike stolen but what i tend to do is i just bring it in with me, i bring it inside walmart, mcdonalds, convenience store anything, even the mall and even if they have signs saying no bikes indoors or somethin idk lol i feel like im kinda crazy cause i kno that if i tell my friends to watch my bike they leave to go riding

|

12/20/2013 9:14 PM

calvinchoii wrote:

i never had my bike stolen but what i tend to do is i just bring it in with me, i bring it inside walmart, mcdonalds, convenience store anything, even the mall and even if they have signs saying no bikes indoors or somethin idk lol i feel like im kinda crazy cause i kno that if i tell my friends to watch my bike they leave to go riding

nice friends you have there, I'm jelly

|

12/21/2013 10:11 AM

calvinchoii wrote:

ultrasonic wrote:

nice friends you have there, I'm jelly

i know right lol best friends ever

|

12/22/2013 4:39 AM

Come in my house or try and get it off me while I'm on it....you'll find out what I've done & will do to make sure its doesnt get stolen, your fucked either way.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12