Everything Looks the same.......

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2013 8:09 PM

Is it just me or does every frame, fork, bar and every other park look pretty much identical? I seem to remember that each company had their own style and look only a few years ago. What happened? When did that stop?

|

Bar spins, Tail whips, can you even bunny hop?

11/18/2013 8:27 PM

I mean stuff has different geo and there is sometimes parts that change it up like subrosa with the DDT frame or whatever and 4 piece bars and stuff like that i think everyone likes the new frames so why change something that everyone likes? I guess it stopped in the 80's or 90's though but idk

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/18/2013 8:40 PM

Yes. Pretty much everything seems generic now. All bars are 8.5+ rise 1 or 4 up and 29 wide, all forks are the same, most colors are the same, all the seats seem to be fat now, even shoes are the same frontload stems and pivotal seats will become less common. I know things change but I dont see the need for 25 different bars by different companies that are the same. Looking through old danscomp archives, a lot of stuff was different. You could get big or small bars, pivotal or railed seats, 14mm or 3/8th hubs, fat or slim seats, front or topload, cupsole or vulcanized shoes, 4pc or 2pc bars, long or short seatposts. Now even companies who did different things are doing generic shit.

|

11/18/2013 9:13 PM

I don't know you're talking about. I see each company having their own look and style.

|

11/18/2013 9:24 PM

If you went on Dan's Comp to the frame page and took away all of the wording from the descriptions and identifying decals on the frames nobody would know a Fit from a Mutiny. Colors are different but every frame looks the same. The only frames you can really pick out are Sunday because of the down tubes.

|

Bar spins, Tail whips, can you even bunny hop?

11/18/2013 9:29 PM

6.5FTBMX wrote:

If you went on Dan's Comp to the frame page and took away all of the wording from the descriptions and identifying decals on the frames nobody would know a Fit from a Mutiny. Colors are different but every frame looks the same. The only frames you can really pick out are Sunday because of the down tubes.

What about those mankind justice frames, the animal four piece bars, powerbite cranks, mutiny lifted stem, cult dehart gum tires.

|

11/18/2013 9:42 PM

Illuminati.
Photo

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

11/19/2013 5:54 AM

6.5FTBMX wrote:

In your original post you said

"I seem to remember that each company had their own style and look..."

The "identifying decals" ARE the look and style these days. Thing is with bmx, the kids will complain about a so-called lack of innovation. Then, when a brand does innovate, they complain about that. Now, you are complaining about a perceived lack of style and image. Well, it seems to me that you don't need a double bend down tube to have a "look" or "style". You just need a good geo and a sticker pack. Hell, some kids want their frames to rust...on purpose...cause it looks cool.

It costs a lot of money to take a risk on features that basically do nothing other than create an image, whereas 500 stickers costs less than $150 to print and the artist might be your buddy.

|

11/19/2013 8:16 AM

6.5FTBMX wrote:

Fondue wrote:

In your original post you said

"I seem to remember that each company had their own style and look..."

The "identifying decals" ARE the look and style these days. Thing is with bmx, the kids will complain about a so-called lack of innovation. Then, when a brand does innovate, they complain about that. Now, you are complaining about a perceived lack of style and image. Well, it seems to me that you don't need a double bend down tube to have a "look" or "style". You just need a good geo and a sticker pack. Hell, some kids want their frames to rust...on purpose...cause it looks cool.

It costs a lot of money to take a risk on features that basically do nothing other than create an image, whereas 500 stickers costs less than $150 to print and the artist might be your buddy.

This, plus bikes are under so much stress, there is little room currently to add "style" and keep them strong and as light as they are without being stupidly expensive.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura