Evidence ! "You can polish a turd"

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2013 5:31 PM

Photo

Lol just kiddin.

I don't understand why this guy gets so much hate on here, people are always talking about how its a good thing to have your own style and not just ride like everyone else.

Well this dude does exactly that, you know straight away who it is just by seeing his riding, what he does he does very well and it is unique to him. I respect that.

That Frame promo edit he did was amazing and anyone would be happy to put something like that out there.

I get that that style of techy style of riding isn't for everyone but I don't understand why he gets hated on so much.

I don't like watching all that circus acrobatic park shite but I wouldn't ever hate on a rider for it, and I'll always respect it.

So thoughts on chad? Love or hate? Why?
|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/22/2013 5:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2013 5:40 PM

i love chad, simply for the same reason you do, he rides like him and i love it

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/22/2013 5:35 PM

Get off his balls he's just a slow paced street rider they're all the same

|

8/22/2013 5:41 PM

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/22/2013 5:47 PM

yeah, i dont really prefer his vanilla riding, i like a bit of style and flava lol

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/22/2013 5:56 PM

tomdon wrote:

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

Good point. They way he rides isn't my favourite style of riding, I prefer a setup oriented style of street riding, like what you see the animal guys doin' & I'm guessing your the same way too.

But I got mad respect for the level of difficulty in chads approach to street, dude is a machine, and maybe that is another aspect of his individual ride style that people can't dig about him, the fact that his riding can be quite robotic but I think that's just because he's so good at what he does...dunno there's a certain amount of ambiguity in the use of the word style I guess.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/22/2013 6:07 PM

tomdon wrote:

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Good point. They way he rides isn't my favourite style of riding, I prefer a setup oriented style of street riding, like what you see the animal guys doin' & I'm guessing your the same way too.

But I got mad respect for the level of difficulty in chads approach to street, dude is a machine, and maybe that is another aspect of his individual ride style that people can't dig about him, the fact that his riding can be quite robotic but I think that's just because he's so good at what he does...dunno there's a certain amount of ambiguity in the use of the word style I guess.

OH I love setup oriented riding. I will admit he's good at what he does.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/22/2013 6:15 PM

tomdon wrote:

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

Interesting question actually and one of my favorites to answer, people always ask me this, and i love to explain it.

Alright, a 180 is well, a turn around bunnyhop in all of it's simplest definition. It is the way you execute it. There are 3 parts of a trick that happen to the style. 1, the POP, do you do em high low and how hard does it look for you. 2, during the trick, is it maybe dipped down is it fully pulled into you or no knee bending or is it all crooked or something. 3 the landing (fakie out) is the landing smooth or hard or is it maybe even some way you have never seen? Those are the stylistic ways basically. Also some riders have a sort of presence that you see. Like the way they, on the bike look. If maybe they look natural on it or kinda goofy. I think Aaron Ross really looks like a big dude on a little bike, because, well he is. He is also fairly techy, so it still looks good. I see the same with Benny Lewis, he looks almost as if the bike isnt attached to him. But a rider like, say Sean Burns, or Tom Dugan, are VERY connected. It really comes down to the pedals and shoes they like i have always thought haha And the way they hold the bars. Watch a Chase Dehart video, then watch something like Chad Kerley and it may make more sense.

Park riders have 3 different styles really, but im sure there are exceptions. Some ride smooth, fast, and boost high. Commonly known; Dugan, Hawk, Aitken, etc. Then there are the circus dudes; Kyle Baldock, Pat Casey, Harry Main, etc. and then there are what i always thought kinda was what a person that converted from street to park ends up as; a streety park rider. This only works in certain parks. They have more to do with the setups. If it is some really deep bowl with no banks, no rails, and nothing but really flow to do, they dont ride much. They never go more than 3 feet above the coping and think of crazy lines to do in the course. It is really cool to watch, but hard to explain. Hope this helped tomdon! If it didnt, ask me something! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/22/2013 6:25 PM

tomdon wrote:

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

MaximusBikes wrote:

Interesting question actually and one of my favorites to answer, people always ask me this, and i love to explain it.

Alright, a 180 is well, a turn around bunnyhop in all of it's simplest definition. It is the way you execute it. There are 3 parts of a trick that happen to the style. 1, the POP, do you do em high low and how hard does it look for you. 2, during the trick, is it maybe dipped down is it fully pulled into you or no knee bending or is it all crooked or something. 3 the landing (fakie out) is the landing smooth or hard or is it maybe even some way you have never seen? Those are the stylistic ways basically. Also some riders have a sort of presence that you see. Like the way they, on the bike look. If maybe they look natural on it or kinda goofy. I think Aaron Ross really looks like a big dude on a little bike, because, well he is. He is also fairly techy, so it still looks good. I see the same with Benny Lewis, he looks almost as if the bike isnt attached to him. But a rider like, say Sean Burns, or Tom Dugan, are VERY connected. It really comes down to the pedals and shoes they like i have always thought haha And the way they hold the bars. Watch a Chase Dehart video, then watch something like Chad Kerley and it may make more sense.

Park riders have 3 different styles really, but im sure there are exceptions. Some ride smooth, fast, and boost high. Commonly known; Dugan, Hawk, Aitken, etc. Then there are the circus dudes; Kyle Baldock, Pat Casey, Harry Main, etc. and then there are what i always thought kinda was what a person that converted from street to park ends up as; a streety park rider. This only works in certain parks. They have more to do with the setups. If it is some really deep bowl with no banks, no rails, and nothing but really flow to do, they dont ride much. They never go more than 3 feet above the coping and think of crazy lines to do in the course. It is really cool to watch, but hard to explain. Hope this helped tomdon! If it didnt, ask me something! haha

Well that helps.But it's still the same trick so who the fuck cares? As much as I love bmx, some aspects of it are just fucking downright stupid

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/22/2013 6:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2013 6:28 PM

tomdon wrote:

Well that helps.But it's still the same trick so who the fuck cares? As much as I love bmx, some aspects of it are just fucking downright stupid

like there is no point of me throwing my self down a set of stairs on a bike for no reason at all. ill admit that's pretty stupid

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/22/2013 6:38 PM

tomdon wrote:

Well that helps.But it's still the same trick so who the fuck cares? As much as I love bmx, some aspects of it are just fucking downright stupid

I understand your reasoning. But it looks better really. In opinion. I think nose dived stuff tends to look cool. But that is more of how i feel about it. and in a sense of your own style, it FEELS better. If you ride with friends ever, i am very sure not all ride the exact same way. Even my friends, who are just now learning some tricks develope a style. Which is really cool to observe to me!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/22/2013 6:42 PM

jj0996 wrote:

like there is no point of me throwing my self down a set of stairs on a bike for no reason at all. ill admit that's pretty stupid

I disagree with this statement. The point is adrenaline and to surpass what you are comfortable with. There is a point to everything in BMX and it comes to just fun in the end. To each their own, as long as you ride, it doesnt matter whether or not you like dropping stairs, just there is a reason in general. Maybe not for you, but that is fine. If you dont think dropping stairs is fun, thats fine, but for others it is pure fun. I love it. And many do.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/22/2013 6:42 PM

I agree with the part where you talk about a persons presence on a bike, like how comfortable you are on your bike is going to affect how "stylish" you can make a trick look.

A more confident rider is going to have a smoother style than someone who takes fear along for the ride.
You gotta stay loose if you want to make your tricks look a certain way.

Sexton is a good example of someone who's style is unique to him, his riding is aggressive and sure of itself, which comes across as a hard style that can look forced. Mans a beast tho you wouldn't mess with him.

Compare that to the floaty effortless style of say Alex Kennedy and you start to get a picture of what style actually is, its self expression in my opinion, aspects your personality can come across in the way you ride.

style is...self expression.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/22/2013 7:26 PM

tomdon wrote:

Well that helps.But it's still the same trick so who the fuck cares? As much as I love bmx, some aspects of it are just fucking downright stupid

jj0996 wrote:

like there is no point of me throwing my self down a set of stairs on a bike for no reason at all. ill admit that's pretty stupid

MaximusBikes wrote:

I disagree with this statement. The point is adrenaline and to surpass what you are comfortable with. There is a point to everything in BMX and it comes to just fun in the end. To each their own, as long as you ride, it doesnt matter whether or not you like dropping stairs, just there is a reason in general. Maybe not for you, but that is fine. If you dont think dropping stairs is fun, thats fine, but for others it is pure fun. I love it. And many do.

damn you have an answer for everything lol, and ik there is a reason behind it and everyone has there own as so do i, i was just being a smartass

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/22/2013 8:01 PM

idk.. i go back and forth... truthfully overall i like him and he is one of my favorite riders... i feel as if he has his own hip hop style but not the same hip hop style that the animal team has... he is unique.. but these guys are right he does ride like a robot... but i think that is because he has every trick dialed so he just gets in and gets out.. like he doesnt rely on being able to tweak everything like dehart because he just has such a big trick bag... in a way its kind of hard to do a bunch of tricks and stay stylish... like most people dont think baldock is stylish because he has to flail around so much... but garrett does have style and is so freaking good its unfathomable... like he is one of the few exceptions to that pick one tricks vs style thing... he has both... just look at that clicked turndown off the uprail... he pulled the turndown cleaner then most can on trails!

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/22/2013 8:18 PM

well his "style" is pretty predictable, you can pretty much guess what hes gonna do , i dont like to admit it like many other people but he is one of the best riders bmx has ever seen

|

8/22/2013 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2013 8:33 PM

jj0996 wrote:

like there is no point of me throwing my self down a set of stairs on a bike for no reason at all. ill admit that's pretty stupid

i see with what you're going with here and on one hand i agree but on the other doing stuff like a 180 or a 3 or a barspin or even if theres a rail to do an icepick or something a combo of those just makes hopping a set of stairs awesome but just hopping off a set especially a large set is just unappealing to me with chad hes a good rider i don't really hate him and plus its nice to see some change on who wins the xgames

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/22/2013 8:34 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

i see with what you're going with here and on one hand i agree but on the other doing stuff like a 180 or a 3 or a barspin or even if theres a rail to do an icepick or something a combo of those just makes hopping a set of stairs awesome but just hopping off a set especially a large set is just unappealing to me with chad hes a good rider i don't really hate him and plus its nice to see some change on who wins the xgames

mo what i mean is there is not logical reason why we do it, there is no absolute reason at all, we choose to do it for a feeling we can live with out but we chose not to live with out it

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/22/2013 9:02 PM

there are a few people in my town better than him. his whole style is whip, bar, nosemanny, manny, 360, truck all he does are the mainstream tricks. I would rather see somebody do a crappy crank flip than a clean barspin

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/22/2013 9:23 PM

tomdon wrote:

Dislike. I don't hate him I just dislike how he tries to link everything together into one line. I've always said he has no style but come to think of it, how is style defined anyway? Is it doing your own thing or doing tricks a certain way? I've never understood how anyone in bmx can have style when everyone does the same tricks anyway

I think having your own style is a certain way you would ride, meaning if you ride with a certain way your feet are like if you normal 3 with having your left crank arm pointed forward, or normal 3 having the right crank arm pointed forward, i think a majority of the meaning of having your own style of riding can be how you link up your tricks along with how each trick is pulled different from other people, i mean, i think these are the or if not, one of the worst ways to not have your own style... watching how-to's on youtube and other places, i mean most of the people on here have to have heard of "Adam LZ" at some point in their life of riding bikes, why i mention how-to's, i mean it is not that hard to figure out, you will be learning how to do that trick exactly like one more biker out there in the world well sure the person making the tutorial will show different ways to get into that trick, like it if it were Adam's newest barspin how-to, he shows options on how to get closer to landing them, but you are still literally exposing yourself to watching EXACTLY how Adam throws, get's ready to, and catches the bar, and the slow-motion not only makes it clearer to see how it's done when Adam does it, it can really put an idea or belief in your head that you should throw bars JUST LIKE THAT... so having your own style, in my opinion is the way YOU learn the tricks and the way YOU progress learning them and the way YOU ride into and come out of them

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/22/2013 9:48 PM

jj0996 wrote:

mo what i mean is there is not logical reason why we do it, there is no absolute reason at all, we choose to do it for a feeling we can live with out but we chose not to live with out it

what is it we can live without but choose not to lol your kinda confusing me

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/22/2013 9:59 PM

Look at that rich park fag trying desperately to gain street cred by acting like he's hook pathetic

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

8/23/2013 3:02 AM

^No just no.

Anyways i don't like him because of his most common line: Bar, nose, 180 bar and sometimes a halfcab bar.
Just boring.

|

Bruh

8/23/2013 3:56 AM

dont see how people say he's predictable. every edit he drops there's somethingnew and rideculas in it. whether he has style or not, he's pushing bmx everyday, and i cant wait to watch his newest edits when they drop, because he'lldo something different...

|



NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)


8/23/2013 6:43 AM

TheMotherShip wrote:

i see with what you're going with here and on one hand i agree but on the other doing stuff like a 180 or a 3 or a barspin or even if theres a rail to do an icepick or something a combo of those just makes hopping a set of stairs awesome but just hopping off a set especially a large set is just unappealing to me with chad hes a good rider i don't really hate him and plus its nice to see some change on who wins the xgames

jj0996 wrote:

mo what i mean is there is not logical reason why we do it, there is no absolute reason at all, we choose to do it for a feeling we can live with out but we chose not to live with out it

TheMotherShip wrote:

what is it we can live without but choose not to lol your kinda confusing me

the adrenaline rush or the weightless feeling we get in the air

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/23/2013 8:41 AM

jj0996 wrote:

mo what i mean is there is not logical reason why we do it, there is no absolute reason at all, we choose to do it for a feeling we can live with out but we chose not to live with out it

TheMotherShip wrote:

what is it we can live without but choose not to lol your kinda confusing me

jj0996 wrote:

the adrenaline rush or the weightless feeling we get in the air

I'm guessing chad Kerley wouldn't know this, I've never seen the guy do a decent air on a quarter ever

|

8/23/2013 9:59 AM

I see what people are saying about him having the tricks so dialed he just looks like he's pumping them out. I could go on & on, I probably would end up not making a lot of sense too lol.. I just don't like his "Style" he does pretty much the same run at every contest he enters. He might change the order of the tricks around a bit but they ARE the same tricks EVERY SINGLE TIME! It does get boring, VERY boring. As much as Garrett Reynolds annoys me, Not because he is a shit rider or a douchey person, its more the fact that everyone worships him, sucks on his dick at every single given opportunity. He does mix it up at contests & he is a pretty damned good Street Rider too.. There are just some riders that impress people & some that don't everyone has their ideas of what "Style" is & people will more than likely argue till they're blue in the face that *Insert Riders Name* is better than *Insert Riders Name* it just gets old. I'm getting over the hate. I just don't have the time to be stressing over it. Plain & simple, i don't care anymore lol.

|

8/23/2013 10:31 AM

jj0996 wrote:

the adrenaline rush or the weightless feeling we get in the air

well it is a part of what makes bmx fun in my opinion just getting that rush after trying something new then trying something else new right after

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/23/2013 12:43 PM

Who gives a fuck. We like what we like, we hate what we hate. Sorry but...
Photo

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

8/23/2013 3:43 PM

I like every pro. Obviously they are pro for a reason. Lol i like the way he links stuff together i don't see why it matters..

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149