Experience with Chrome Sun Big Baller Rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2015 6:27 AM

As anybody on this forum have experience with Chrome Sun Big Baller rims? Does the chrome bubble or flake off easy? If I'm spending $300 + I want the chrome to last awhile or am I better off getting black rims.

|

12/25/2015 6:56 AM

Chrome brakes better as im sure you know but in my experiance from what ive seen and with my own sun rims is that there chrome doesnt hold up all that well my braking surface turned like a weird color on the braking surface and they bubbled very early around the spoke eyelets and friends have always had similar experiance none of us ever ran the big baller but sun rims yes im sure its all in how the bike is maintained too i never spent time cleaning them nor did i only ride in great conditions rain snow and what not my boss rides envys front and rear chrome and is on season 3 racing and no issues what so ever with his but he is picky about his bike

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

12/25/2015 5:27 PM

I had one chrome sun rim on my old bike and I seem to recall it holding up pretty well with no major flaking or bubbling in the 3 years I had it. Most brands will bubble eventually I think because aluminum doesn't hold chrome as well as steel.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands