Extreme pain in left leg...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2018 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2018 8:09 PM

The day after I got the final clips for the vital edit I hurt my leg at work.

I just stepped out of my mail truck and slighty twisted my leg. It imediately felt like someone was stabbing the shit out of the back of my knee and it radiated down all the way to my left ankle. the back of my thigh back of knee, the whole calf and the ankle and sometimes a few middle toes experience pain.

Like it brought me down to the ground it was so painful.

It feels relatively normal throughout the day (for the past few days) then if I step weird or twist slightly/pivot weirdly it starts up and lasts for about 10 minutes. Then goes away and I can walk pretty normal again.

It happens when i ride too now and hurts when I bend my knee past 90 or so degrees. So any time I land from hopping or grinding it hurts.

So my leg hurts whenever I bend it too much or if I twist it or hyperextend it a little, it feels like the stabbing pain.

Anyone experience something similar? Any thoughts on what I could do to fix/heal it besides the obvious keeping off of it?

Its strange how just the slightest twist or bend can make it flood with pain

|

5/10/2018 8:18 PM

Man dude, I really don't know, as much as it sucks, the best thing I can think of, would tk maybe just take a few days/weeks off the bike :/ Yeah it'll suck, but don't fuck up the only leg you got for the rest of your life lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/10/2018 9:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2018 9:02 PM

I think you've got a pinched nerve. Happened to me before; went away on its own.

|

5/10/2018 9:22 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I think you've got a pinched nerve. Happened to me before; went away on its own.

How long did it take about?

|

5/11/2018 4:26 AM

Ugh.... dude... you are NOT having an easy go of it! I don't know what to tell you.... but the back of the knee doesn't sound like anything "solid". Like Super-Pawl said, it sounds (more ) like a pinched nerve or something soft-tissue related. Yeah, maybe take a little time off the bike & really try to pay particular attention to what you are doing exactly when it happens while you go about your regular work day. Hope it's nothing.

|

5/11/2018 4:47 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

How long did it take about?

A couple of days. I just kinda relaxed in the meanwhile.

|

5/11/2018 5:56 AM

I'm sure you have great benefits. Visit a real doctor, bro.

|

5/11/2018 6:36 AM

Amputate it

|

It’s all bmx

5/11/2018 6:38 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Amputate it

Lol, its the only 100% solution to not have leg pain.

|

5/11/2018 6:40 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ugh.... dude... you are NOT having an easy go of it! I don't know what to tell you.... but the back of the knee doesn't sound like anything "solid". Like Super-Pawl said, it sounds (more ) like a pinched nerve or something soft-tissue related. Yeah, maybe take a little time off the bike & really try to pay particular attention to what you are doing exactly when it happens while you go about your regular work day. Hope it's nothing.

Ya...Ill stay off the bike for a few days and really be cautious of where and how I step. I hope it goes away, If not, as Goon suggested I might go to the doctor. It did happen at work.

|

5/11/2018 6:48 AM

Go to the doctor. I understand that free health care isn't available in the US (maybe it is now?), but if you can, do so. If you are saying 'It did happen at work' as in, I could make work pay for the doctor, then tread carefully (pun!). Not twisting your legs or back or arms may be considering safe work practice there (as it is here) and could mean you don't qualify due to not adhering to said safe work practices, and your employers might not appreciate it for that reason.

If the US still doesn't have free basic healthcare, and you live and ride BMX in the US, I would really recommend getting health insurance, the younger the better (and cheaper)

|

5/11/2018 9:31 AM

jawn wrote:

Go to the doctor. I understand that free health care isn't available in the US (maybe it is now?), but if you can, do so. If you are saying 'It did happen at work' as in, I could make work pay for the doctor, then tread carefully (pun!). Not twisting your legs or back or arms may be considering safe work practice there (as it is here) and could mean you don't qualify due to not adhering to said safe work practices, and your employers might not appreciate it for that reason.

If the US still doesn't have free basic healthcare, and you live and ride BMX in the US, I would really recommend getting health insurance, the younger the better (and cheaper)

I do have health care with the postal service. I told my supervisor the day it happened but she brushed it off and said "be more careful" lol

I would like to get it checked but I will try staying off my bike and doing other strenuous activities for a few days. If it persists adter that, I will go to the doctor.

Thank you for the advice!

|

5/11/2018 9:36 AM

Dude thats weird timing. My knee has been feeling weird, loose, bruised, swollen, clicking/cracking a lot, and when I straightened my leg the other day, SOMETHING bulged out of the back of my knee. It felt like a whole cluster of muscles popped out of place.

Living here, I have to walk constantly so a knee injury is something I'm really concerned about. I have an appointment on Monday to get it checked out and I'm going to request an MRI right off the bat.

I just hope and pray I don't need surgery.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/11/2018 9:50 AM

knee surgery sucks is all i can say about it

|

Hmmm

5/11/2018 9:57 AM

Edman123 wrote:

You don't have to tell me. My Father had both knees replaced a few years before he died. I can't possibly go through anything remotely like that in this city. I have to walk to the bus, train, work, walk my dog, and I live on the top floor of a 5 floor walk up.

So...yeah. I kneed my nees.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/11/2018 11:04 AM

Soak your leg in liquid nitrogen then hit it with a hammer , or go to a physiotherapist

|

5/11/2018 12:01 PM

Edman123 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

You don't have to tell me. My Father had both knees replaced a few years before he died. I can't possibly go through anything remotely like that in this city. I have to walk to the bus, train, work, walk my dog, and I live on the top floor of a 5 floor walk up.

So...yeah. I kneed my nees.

Im a letter carrier...lol I kneed my nees too!

Also already had a knee surgery but this is unrelated, I think.

|

5/11/2018 12:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Soak your leg in liquid nitrogen then hit it with a hammer , or go to a physiotherapist

This seems like a sound Idea. Ill let you know how it goes.

|

5/11/2018 1:15 PM

If this happened at work you should have reported it same day-so then you can work towards some paid time off for recovery if it is necessary.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/11/2018 5:39 PM

Just got gout in my knee no,fun at all

|

brakeless maniac