Ezra freecoaster + Nitrous Ring rim = ?Spoke length?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2013 1:05 PM

So yeah, my birthday is coming up and im getting a new rear wheel. But since it's my first custom wheel. I dont know what to do about the spoke length? Could you guys give a hand? smile

|

Stay on your bike! Fool!

11/28/2013 1:13 PM

First, don't get the nitrous rim. Second, look up ''bmx spoke length calculator.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/28/2013 2:41 PM

I wouldn't get the ring rim. You can get a Sun Rhynolite XL for $20 more. Also if you're planning on using that hub as a FC I heard that they suck. They use a plastic clutch disc which gets destroyed easily. And usually if you order them from the same place they will lace the wheel for free. Just get it from Albes and theyll lace it for you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/28/2013 5:50 PM

Whoa whoa whoa HardBMX_Tim. Dont shoot down a product you havent seen in person. Get yourself that coaster, i talked to Topsey about it and his bud is on it apparently and it is great, and Topsey is a real reliable guy. Go ahead and buy that hub! Also, there is much better rims. Get an Odyssey Quadrant. I run it and it is only 40 bucks for a hell of a rim. Im pretty hard on wheels and this thing holds up amazingly! haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/28/2013 6:04 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa HardBMX_Tim. Dont shoot down a product you havent seen in person. Get yourself that coaster, i talked to Topsey about it and his bud is on it apparently and it is great, and Topsey is a real reliable guy. Go ahead and buy that hub! Also, there is much better rims. Get an Odyssey Quadrant. I run it and it is only 40 bucks for a hell of a rim. Im pretty hard on wheels and this thing holds up amazingly! haha

I don't mean to shoot it down. But my understanding is the prototypes were amazing with an alloy clutch in them. Then come production time they put non test rode plastic clutches in them, which in reality would be the same as using a plastic ratchet ring in a cassette hub. So they just get torn up and dont last. The design is good. If it included an alloy clutch (like the kinks will probably have) then it would work great.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/28/2013 6:07 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I don't mean to shoot it down. But my understanding is the prototypes were amazing with an alloy clutch in them. Then come production time they put non test rode plastic clutches in them, which in reality would be the same as using a plastic ratchet ring in a cassette hub. So they just get torn up and dont last. The design is good. If it included an alloy clutch (like the kinks will probably have) then it would work great.

someone could make a decent amount if they released an alloy clutch plate

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/28/2013 6:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Kink is coming out with them to convert the Incite cassette to FC. Wonder if it will work in the ezra. If you CNC it wouldnt be hard to make though

|

11/28/2013 10:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Kink is coming out with them to convert the Incite cassette to FC. Wonder if it will work in the ezra. If you CNC it wouldnt be hard to make though

Well remember, Derlin is a strong plastic and they actually used that in the production model. You can beat the balls out of Derlin and it wont break. It isnt the ratchet ring either. haha It doesnt go thru much stress to start with and it being Derlin (which is quite slippery when even mildy moistened with any lube and is pretty good by itself) it only brings the pawls up for the ratchet ring to catch. The only problem ever with it is (like any cassette) is from time to time itll slip past the ring. That design seems to work well.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/29/2013 4:39 PM

email the distro youre getting it from, or just have them lace it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "