Ezra freecoaster or the new greyhound?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2014 5:05 AM

Anyone have these freecoastersand what do you think of it? I'm debating on the two someone who rode both and has input would be awesome thank you

|

5/2/2014 10:33 AM

The Ezra clutch system is superior, though I believe the KHE style hubs have stronger axles/non drive bearings. Older Ezras used a flimsy clutch that supposedly was no good.

I would wait, someone is bound produce a coaster with an integrated ezra style clutch and superior axle possibly.

I know Odyssey and Tree are both in the works of a coaster, so we should hopefully be expecting a true 14mm coaster. Tree is testing the Ezra style clutch currently, so I believe they will either be doing an integrated clutch of that style OR they will make their hubs use individual pawls and have a removeable clutch. This would basically mean a 14mm female straight pull Ezra hub.

The Èclat Blind is in its finishing stages as far as I know, so we should be expecting it soon. Its suppose to be a whole new style of coaster, so who knows how it will perform/operate. Rumor is it will be superior to any current coaster.

I would wait a while before buying a (new) coaster. Theres too many still being tested, it would be a shame to buy one and it become outdated and inferior in a few months.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/2/2014 10:38 AM

LorenzoGallegos needs to chime in here

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

5/2/2014 11:24 AM

Id do what Tim say, the blind feeecoaster might be the best fc ever. I am kinda saving a bit to get it in the long term.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/2/2014 11:38 AM

In all honesty I'd get a standard KHE design and learn to maintain it. I'm 16 and maintence is super simple. If you can turn a wrench you can take apart a coaster. People make a big deal but it's not much of an issue at all.

I know new coaster designs are cool but for me , I like the proven designs and KHE makes good internals.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/2/2014 2:58 PM

I don't know about the new Ezra one (I have the old one), but KHE has the ability to use far more slack.
I have NEVER had problems with my KHE.

|

5/2/2014 6:41 PM

Which ever you get just make sure you can get a metric fuck ton of spares for it. I killed my cult fc in three sessions and I haven't got an answer back from cult for the bearing numbers in the driver so I can source them

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/2/2014 8:37 PM

Gump wrote:

Which ever you get just make sure you can get a metric fuck ton of spares for it. I killed my cult fc in three sessions and I ...more

Sounds like user error to me.
You were probably not disengaging it, slamming your cranks down when you would engage it, and using tons of pedal pressure.

|

5/2/2014 9:52 PM

Nah I had no engaugment when coasting. All coating was done at super slow speed due to getting used to the coaster. I wasn't using any pedal pressure either

This is the remains of my driver:
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/2/2014 10:04 PM

Above me......WTF

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/3/2014 3:20 AM

Holy sshit.^

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/3/2014 6:27 AM

I recall another member posting a pic on instagram of his cult driver, looked almost shattered.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/3/2014 8:00 AM

The éclat looks so sick and so does the Ezra but I think I'm gonna have to stick with the greyhound the slack is so easily adjusted and easily maintained thanks guys

|