F.M.L

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2013 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2013 5:03 PM

So this morning I go for a double peg on this up ledge, didnt hop high enough and my back peg gets rammed into the front of the ledge, rips my axle out my dropout and gets stuck underneath it. So session is ended and I head home to inspect the damage.

My frame dropouts are bent and now my wheel won't sit straight unless its slammed (wethepeople cream frame)
I'm having a bad day.

Csb...not !

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/15/2013 11:08 AM

Damn, man! Cast dropouts too, right? Cast doesn't handle straightening well at all. I hope you're able to salvage your frame. Between the cranks and the forks, that's already a pretty costly session. Any thoughts of what you will get if you gotta get all those parts new?

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/15/2013 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2013 11:17 AM

Yeah man expensive session...the cream has invest cast dropouts so...

I can still use the frame but I've got to have my wheel slammed to get the wheel to sit flush, which is better than nothing I guess, but the other parts that were damaged all have to be replaced. This is why I keep 2 bikes so I can still ride but man what a day.

Sucks...

New eclat parts I guess

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/15/2013 12:48 PM

sorry to hear that man , i cant belive all that happened from one grind , what parts are looking to get now

|

10/15/2013 1:54 PM

I feel your pain! I did the same thing last saturday, i didn't fuck up my frame or anything crazy like that but i did dent/crack my brand new pleg 2.

|

10/15/2013 2:04 PM

thats what you get for riding pegs on andrews frame!

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

10/15/2013 2:28 PM

king_swag wrote:

This

Heard that frame wasn't for peg use

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

10/15/2013 3:53 PM

king_swag wrote:

Its the cream forks that ain't suitable for peg use.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/15/2013 7:02 PM

dude that sucks, i kinda wanna see pictures

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/15/2013 8:00 PM

Now you have to double peg it. No way that ledge getting away with it.. no way.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/15/2013 8:01 PM

That fuckin sucks dude.

|

10/15/2013 8:53 PM

Thats the shit me and my friends joke about , don,t get lazy with grinds. Thats one reason I don't grind much. you must have got bucked !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/16/2013 3:06 AM

BMXism wrote:

Now you have to double peg it. No way that ledge getting away with it.. no way.

Haha I know right!

Just got back from my LBS and the damage to the frame ain't as bad as I thought, the wheel sits ok in the dropouts now with a new sprocket and chain on which makes me very happy.

Cranks & sprocket were stock amber pieces of shit so at least I've got a reason to buy the new akimbos and the eclat vent sprocket now.

Every cloud and all that, so happy my frame isn't dead tho.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/16/2013 3:10 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Thats the shit me and my friends joke about , don,t get lazy with grinds. Thats one reason I don't grind much. you must have got bucked !

Fucking did mate I hit that ledge at speed, my bars moved forward and i was OTB.

your right about about being lazy with grinds, I'd been at the skatepark a while and I was getting tired I guess so I think that's why I didn't hop high enough.

Lesson learnt, that won't happen again.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/16/2013 3:39 AM

Looks like you got out alright. rode fast to grind a solid wood bench stove thingy and guessing it was old and soft. short story short, pegs sunk in and gripped then i snapped my stem, gave my bars front sweep, snapped both of my primo stance pedals, bent my seat post, stabbed my leg with my seat, busted both tires and destroyed the bearings in my back hub. I dont think i could have avoided it. There was another one about 15m back that i was grinding and i tried to hit one then the other and just went wrong. either way we will have those days hahaha

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/16/2013 4:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2013 4:42 AM

^^^ yeah I didn't come off too bad, I had to hammer my dropouts with a lump hammer to get them straight tho which was kinda scary but looks liked its worked out alright.

Was you grinding that bench with metal pegs or plastic? Sounds like u had it worse than me.

I can deal with days like this as long as they are few and far between but they come with the territory I guess, we just have to take em on the chin.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/16/2013 5:20 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

^^^ yeah I didn't come off too bad, I had to hammer my dropouts with a lump hammer to get them straight tho which was kinda scary but looks liked its worked out alright.

Was you grinding that bench with metal pegs or plastic? Sounds like u had it worse than me.

I can deal with days like this as long as they are few and far between but they come with the territory I guess, we just have to take em on the chin.

Metal pegs and yeah they will come and go, i just hated the fact that it was just more money to spend and most of the stuff i broke was pretty dam new. reason i went back to my Redline tank stem. Best thing you can try and do is learn something from it hahaha. think mine was that not all wood is the same and some will get softer as they get older wink

|

The first breath is the beginning of death