F-ing useless at bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2015 10:53 AM

So I bought a bike in January and started footjam and footjam whips and that's all good but can't seem to turn my head for the 180 to get rotation it's so annoying and frustrating a bit like this post but anyway any tips on not being a pussy ass bitchPhoto

|

7/21/2015 11:06 AM

Grow a pair ?

|

7/21/2015 1:03 PM

I had the same problem with 180s I never could get full rotation just 90 so I started practicing them in my neighbors driveway its like a bank and I finally got them.

|

7/21/2015 1:18 PM

"tips on not being a pussy ass bitch"

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/21/2015 1:41 PM

I recommend a scooter

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/21/2015 1:51 PM

Just practice!!! Ride every chance you get and eventually you will figure it out. A few tips go a little faster than you think you need to go and just commit. Turn your head and your body will follow.

|

7/21/2015 2:34 PM

If it helps you feel better, I started riding by myself on a farm in 1999. I learned mostly flatland moves back then (nothing crazy, just a lot of rocket manual stuff on my 4 pegs) and a few jumping moves like xups. Took me like a year and a half for 180s (didn't try a ton until early 2000).

Just keep at it, watch how to videos, film yourself doing it and go into slow motion and see what you do differently from the how tos. Then try to practice and mimic them more.

What I do to learn something new is try it every session for at least 10-15 tries. This way you keep at it.

If you try to many times and get angry that can be counter-productive and slow your progression down.

That's also how I learned manuals. I tried them all the time. Everywhere I went, I would manual on the way, and even in parking lots. I would start on the same spot each time, and then measure how far I went, and kept trying to go farther. My record is currently just under 63 parking spots, and that was around 20 minutes of tinkering with it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/21/2015 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2015 3:55 PM

try doing 180s at a complete stop.
don't turn your head. turn yourself

ps. eat ur veggies, drink water.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

7/21/2015 3:52 PM

What the fuck my max is like 24 parking spaces . ^^^

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/21/2015 4:06 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

What the fuck my max is like 24 parking spaces . ^^^

that means you don't have enough posts or havnt been around vital long enough

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

7/22/2015 5:47 AM

well when i learnt 180s i couldn't get it at all i was getting so pissed off! but then for some reason i thought i will try it a bit different and then BOOM i landed it. try a couple different ways, different speeds, diffrent heights etc.
the way i learnt em was i would turn my shoulders alot and my head (sometimes it helps to turn the bars alot it makes you turn easier) and then just pull as hard as you can and carve a little bit before leaving the ramp so you are already like 1/3rd of the way there.
now i dont even have to turn my head to do 180s i just turn my shoulders/bars and pull.
Also dont just focus on 1 trick for ages because you will get really frustrated try other tricks like tire taps, 1 handers or 1 footers (over jumps maybe?) foot plants, cans, etc.

|

7/25/2015 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2015 4:05 PM

Keep at it, Bmx is all about being determined and not giving up. It takes weeks, months, or maybe years to get a trick... then you perfect it. Once you start progressing a little more and you get more confident on the bike you'll progress alot faster! In the beginning you feel a little "stiff" because it is all new to you and unknown, once you know what it feels like to 180 or 360 then the bike becomes more familiar. Stay on it!!!

|

Creating life the way we envision it!

Determination Overcomes Talent

Dot_Company Instagram

7/25/2015 5:28 PM

I can jump and gap a crapton of big stuff, can do stuff like grizzlys and turndowns and almost have supermans, but I can't even flyout 180. Only time I've really given spins a good effort was a flyout 360, and I got all the way around, but slipped out. Maybe stuff like 180's aren't your thing. Find a jump and pedal really fast at it. Or kump of big stuff to flat. It's what I do. It's what I like. I don't like spins. But I still have fun, and am considered one of the better bmx riders here. Because I do what I find fun/what I want to do. Not what's trendy. I'll probably do spins in the near future, but I'm still gonna do everything elsr I like and do it well. Just do what you find fun.

|