FAT PEOPLE AND TITANIUM

Related:
Create New Tag

10/31/2013 10:48 PM

Looking for all the riders that are on the heavy side of weight do you run any titanium parts and why do you run them and how have they held up for you this goes for riders that are 200 pounds and better let me know your experience with all titanium parts

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

10/31/2013 11:00 PM

Let me stop you here, titanium parts only belong on racing bike. Of your bike is too heavy, put 150 pounds on a bench press bar and do 5 sets of 15 reps each day with a 15 minute rest between each set. Then after resting for 30 minutes, deadlift squat 15 reps for 5 sets with a 3 minute rest between each set.

|

10/31/2013 11:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2013 11:05 PM

titanium primo spindle is indestructable. I've had mine for seven years, gone through drops, bails, slams, all the bullshit. Probably the only ti part I'd ever run is this spindle. Splined shit is another story...

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/31/2013 11:08 PM

BMXism wrote:

titanium primo spindle is indestructable. I've had mine for seven years, gone through drops, bails, slams, all the bullshit. Probably the only ti part I'd ever run is this spindle. Splined shit is another story...

Take a few parts like to primo for exception, but other than that, keep it off a freestyle bike.

|

11/1/2013 1:35 AM

BMXism wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Take a few parts like to primo for exception, but other than that, keep it off a freestyle bike.

you clearly have no idea, alot of the park pros, infact id say just about all of them run ti spokes and hardware in there hubs along with ti spindles for their cranks... some dirt riders do too, ti parts dont belong anywhere in particular, one to their own and all that business.

|

11/1/2013 4:36 AM

I'm still running the ti primo spindle after 3 years I have also run a profile ti driver for 2 years no problem PROILE ti axles and nuts also no problems at all

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

11/1/2013 5:21 AM

It's a waste. The fuck you need to shave 4 ounces off for?

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/1/2013 3:44 PM

future FBM wrote:

But, its FOUR whole ounces. I might as well put a car on my bike! . Jk, but I don't see why ti is so popular, sure, all that saving will add up, but to what? A pound? And my experience with titanium is that the only thing id use it for is nipples and the spindle, but for strength, and even then, I'd rather have chromoly, as titanium is VERY brittle. Why spent sooooo much, for so little. Well, now that I.have made my final testimony in this thread, let the hate begin.

|

11/1/2013 4:37 PM

Ti is great for park riders and dirt riders, only Ti part id role in the streets are Pegs, Spindles, Drivers, Crank/stem/seatclamp bolts.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/1/2013 11:28 PM

future FBM wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

But, its FOUR whole ounces. I might as well put a car on my bike! . Jk, but I don't see why ti is so popular, sure, all that saving will add up, but to what? A pound? And my experience with titanium is that the only thing id use it for is nipples and the spindle, but for strength, and even then, I'd rather have chromoly, as titanium is VERY brittle. Why spent sooooo much, for so little. Well, now that I.have made my final testimony in this thread, let the hate begin.

Even being brittle it is actually stronger.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/1/2013 11:31 PM

future FBM wrote:

Explain.

|

11/1/2013 11:33 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

future FBM wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Explain.

Wait, nevermind, thout you said that brittle is stronger. But yes it is stronger, but it costs an arm and a leg! And truthfully half of us will never ride hard enough to challenge its strength.

|

11/1/2013 11:33 PM

*thought

|

11/1/2013 11:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2013 12:54 PM

Lose some weight. From your body not ya bike, its healthier on the wallet and on yourself.

It don't make sense that a fat guy would run Ti parts.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/1/2013 11:42 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Lose some weight. From your body not ya bike, its healthier on the wallet and on yourself.

We're all sitting here all having a sophisticated argument and soul is just crashes the party.

|

11/1/2013 11:45 PM

Titanium alloy is slightly stronger than 4130, for about 2/3 the weight. So its strength to weight ratio is better. However, its elastic modulus is about half that of steel, so it's a lot "springier". Ti is also ridiculously priced unless that's not an issue for you.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

11/1/2013 11:49 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

We're all sitting here all having a sophisticated argument and soul is just crashes the party.

Fuck off buggy bitch...I stand by what I said, he should lose some weight if he's fat, not buy titanium parts.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/1/2013 11:54 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Fuck off buggy bitch...I stand by what I said, he should lose some weight if he's fat, not buy titanium parts.

I meant crash the party as sort of a compliment, to say the badass rolls through, should have used an emoticon apparently. Sadly you cant hear little laughs or a joking tone of voice over the internet, I wasn't trying to hate on you.

|

11/2/2013 12:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2013 12:11 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I meant crash the party as sort of a compliment, to say the badass rolls through, should have used an emoticon apparently. Sadly you cant hear little laughs or a joking tone of voice over the internet, I wasn't trying to hate on you.

No worries bro, my bad, I came in a little harsh there, its cool.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/2/2013 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2013 7:42 AM

i would like to try a full Ti bike and compare it to my bike. But Ti parts cost too much money imo but i mean if you have the money go for it.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/2/2013 11:08 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Ummmm.. 200 really isnt heavy.. and either way you're still a dick.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

11/2/2013 12:04 PM

You really wont shave off that much weight with TI parts. It's ultimately pointless to spend a crap load of cash on parts that aren't going to save you even half a pound.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/2/2013 12:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2013 12:57 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Ummmm.. 200 really isnt heavy.. and either way you're still a dick.

The title of the post is fat people and titanium.

I wasn't exactly being intentionally offensive, but looking I can see how you might see it that way. I'll edit it.

Oh and deviant...fuck you.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12